From Maximus to Minimus - coming soon!

Pommette said:
Dawnie - I reckon he's going to cheat at WI and keep keys, wallet etc etc in his pockets just so he can beat our gains!

PS I managed 4.5 lbs in 4 days and that included 24 hours in close correspondence with the loo!

Ooh Bev...

He soooo better not cheat tonight!
Shall I text his consultant to frisk/strip him before he weighs???

I'm up by well over half a stone myself...wi tomorrow so starve all day and then straight out for a curry afterwards lol!

Hello Everybodypeeps!

Well, mixed news. - I now weight 11st 12lb. So firstly, the good news was I had vowed to myself NEVER to get above 12st again in my life. That is great news as I genuinely feared the worst. I even thought 13st was a possibility:eek:

It was actually 7.5lb gained since my last WI several weeks ago. I went over my 11st 1lb limit then by 3.5lb (11st 4.5lb) it was then Xmas party season.

So the bad news is despite all the stats and manipulation of figures, I'm a stone exactly overweight!

I feel I have quite literally "dodged a bullet" as considering by activity/exercise was a big fat ZERO, and I was abysmal with myfestive choices, I am very confident of not only shifting the 14lb, but a little more.

6 weeks to get myself where I want to be. I love a challenge and even without the body magic, by sheer hard work and 100% eating I WILL lose at least 14lb, though 21lb would be better;)

I've a fridge full of salad, a freezer full of veg, fresh veg, fruit (remember that?) and a distinct lack of chocolate, liqeuers, ice cream, trifle, cheesesboards (x2) crackers, semi-skimmed milk, Weetabix, WW Danish Brown, ham & chicken portions. In fact, I have nothing of any potential danger in the vicinity.

I think I lost the first couple of pound just typing that.

Here we go!

S

Well I WAS about to wish u good luck Stevie with losing your weight...

But then I thought you really don't need any luck at all!

There's not a single person on here who'd doubt you can do it (apart from maybe Sarah...and that's only because she's not nice!).

Personally, I think you'll probably smash the 1st target. But its going to be a lot harder without your walking, so I think u may need to take that into consideration.

Or get a bike! ;)

no walking :cry: how will you manage? I guess I 'll just have to do your walking for you!

You will soon get that gain off and more as you have proved time and time again. I am convinced you love a gain like this as you can then join the losers again :D :giggle:

You don't seem to like maintaining but love a challenge :D xx

Tom I sent you a PM as surprisingly what I was going to post on here was a bit of a ramble.

Plus it had a few big words in, and I hate being mean to Dawn;)

Today was weird! starting back and having to count syns!

I've got my new SW book to look at, so that will help me not only focus, but add fresh impetus.

no walking :cry: how will you manage? I guess I 'll just have to do your walking for you!

You will soon get that gain off and more as you have proved time and time again. I am convinced you love a gain like this as you can then join the losers again :D :giggle:

You don't seem to like maintaining but love a challenge :D xx

Forgot to mention - got me in one jax;)

I will probably be a yo-yo dieter forever because of this.

I mentioned it to Gail recently - it is a win-win scenario as I am happy to have the odd binge and the guilty pleasure associated with that. Then, the plaudits and feel-good of taking it off again.

That might not be ideal but it certainly suits my lifestyle at present:p

Woo hoo!

100% today. Should I retire now?

Trying to lay-off the carbs etc. breakfast was a Muller Light (Strawberry) poured over a chopped banana and a chopped pear. Washed down with a Cappuccino (Tassimo style) 2.5 syns.

Lunch was a chicken salad, with tomatoes, cucumber - oh and cottage cheese. Hex A being Laughing cow light and Hex B Ryvita.
1 syn for the italian dressing. An apple for dessert.

Dinner, another salad, this time with those "Just Like Prawn Tails" from Asda - I like to pretend they are lobster or exotic. Anyhow, they're fine on original/red days. - oh and approx 1.5 syns for light salad cream

So all good stuff, mainly free and apart from the synned coffee, all drinks were diet coke.

Used about 5 syns today and realistically could use more. Happy enough to use 1 hexa + 1 hexb only - I could use a second, but don't fancy eating just for the sake of it. besides, this might get me on track for extra-easy.

Salad twice in one days seems a bit harsh, but they were huge platters and after the last week or so, salad had been very much absent!

Gonna do a freezer blitz tomorrow and make a large store of soup as have parsnip, onions, swede and carrots to get rid of.

Right that's the boring food bit over. ANy more abuse please?;)

Good lad Tom.

See, just between you and me mate, that's how we succeed and some of these women never take it serious you know.

Out of interest, what weight would you need to be to obtain a BMI of 25 Tom? - you ready to go for it in the New Year?

Oh forgot to mention I decided that as I cannot exercise fully on my legs for a while, to try and salvage my upper body. To do this I ordered some stuff from Amazon (I had a £50 voucher to spend lol).

Anyway I got some dumbells for weight training 20kg ones with interchangeable cast iron weights, I also got some gloves as recommended (I think they saw me coming) - anyway, it gives me an interest and plenty of workout options to tone arms & upper torso etc.

Always thought weight training a waste of time as the "body beautiful" as I call them at the gym put me off. This is toning as opposed to body-building though;)

I'd have to be 184 lbs. Due to large amount of lean body mass (muscle, bones, water) my PT has suggested I wouldn't try losing so much weight as I would lose muscle mass.

Instead my goal for Summer 2012 is 9 % body fat. I'm at 13.1 % now. (before Christmas) Was 13.8 % when I started gym in Nov 2011.

And I hope for a fair bit more muscle definition. I can already see it coming through. And if my abs ever decide to appear from hiding, that would be the icing on the cake. But not my goal for now.

Hope the excess skin at tummy, bum and thighs will tighten up further. Thighs almost sorted. Other two areas have improved amazingly in the last 6 weeks.

What's the secret of belly-wobble/skin loss then Tom?

Surgery doesn't appeal....neither does sit-ups:eek:

Possibly cycling might help "tighten" things a bit.

And overall increase of muscle mass / definition. Also often referred to as toning. I don't see surgery as an option either as I can't afford it and find scars worse than loose skin.

I've been told that up until 40 the skin is quite flexible and tightening it through toning should work. Although the older u get the longer it takes. Also slow weight loss is the secret to not getting too much of it in the first place.

Regular massages of the areas using a body lotion with cocoa butter would support your efforts. Has certainly helped me.

Bu**er - no hope for my flobby skin then at 56! It looks better than it did but no amount of toning will get rid of all mine.

I keep meaning to pop in as I've seen you around :)

So weights are the way to go for toning then? Oh and massage?!

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

I thought the cure for bad tums was planks. Otherwise I'm screwing up and wasting time with a regime of curl ups and planks to have a flat belly.

Shrimpy said:
I thought the cure for bad tums was planks. Otherwise I'm screwing up and wasting time with a regime of curl ups and planks to have a flat belly.

Planks are fine. However, shouldn't just focus on your abs/stomach area though. Tons of abs exercises will firm your abdominal muscles, but don't leave out exercises for other muscle groups. Train your entire core and other muscle groups.

And make sure you give your body a bit of a shock by changing your routine every couple of weeks. Changing between various free foods is great, too.

I have a two day programme Day1- Core & Legs and Day 2 Core & Arms. :) And I meet with the lovely gym lady once every 6 weeks. :)

Back