From Maximus to Minimus - coming soon!

Oh and how remiss of me to have not mentioned the great news!

Had my annual diabetic review and my medication has been furhter reduced (last year my insulin was stopped) this time, my 8-week average bloodcount thingy (whatever it is called) was 5.4! (below 7.1 is the target.

My weight was 5kb (11lb) lower than when texted last january and my blood pressure today was an excellent 134/80 - again having been obese diabetic and hypertension, this is a very encouraging result.

Needless to say my nurse was happier than I!...well, almost;)

Well done Steve!

Maximus said:
Almost complimentary that was, thank you so much, if only you had an iphone, I'd know your opinion was valid;)

Top tip for you Emma - you will notice when any of them have a go at Master Maximus, it is to hide their own shortcomings/weight gain etc. - I'm like the Manchester United of Slimming World. Everyone likes to have a go, but secretly they are in awe;)

'Tis a burden I have to carry, and if I say it myself, carry it well:p

Careful there sounds to me suspiciously like an inflated ego it won't go down so well at wi you know ;)

And may it just say there is absolutely nothing wrong with an android phone in fact next time i will probably pick one again unless i can persuaded differently please state your argument....

shenzi said:
Careful there sounds to me suspiciously like an inflated ego it won't go down so well at wi you know ;)

And may it just say there is absolutely nothing wrong with an android phone in fact next time i will probably pick one again unless i can persuaded differently please state your argument....

Allow me Steve.

Emma - iPhones rule!!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

That Lisa is an opinion, I want cold hard facts!!

Maximus said:
Well thank you all very much. Although she couldn't say it (probably from a professional point of view) I felt as though the nurse was almost half hinting and half challenging me to become non-diabetic. - I don't think she believed me when I told her I am 6kg heavier than my lowest wieght in June!

Gradually decreasing the medication is a sensible thing rather than going cold turkey of course. I really think If I can get a settle BMI of around mid-healthy range (22.5 is between 20 and 25) I'm sure my diabetes and hypertension will be condemned to history.

Morning Steve x

Well that sounds to me like the ultimate challenge hunni.

Im sure many of us just think about losing weight for aesthetic reasons .... we tend to forget what a positive effect it has on our health.

It will certainly be interesting to see what your next diabetic review shows x

JackieN said:
:wavey: morning trouble. enjoy your chicken :D x

Can't beat a nice chicken fillet!!! ;)

Dawn you blinking liar! you said Emma was lovely;)

Nah, tbh just personal opinion, I actually like Android and have had the best of HTC but now have Iphone. I have itunes setup and ALL the Apple kit:eek:

Allow me Steve.

Emma - iPhones rule!!!!!

Can't argue with fact! lol

:wavey: morning trouble. enjoy your chicken :D x

I misread that - I thought it said Good Morning Chicken, enjoy your trouble! - old age - a terrible thing eh Dawnie?

I think your girlies are being a tad saucy this morning Stevie Boy ;) Wicked Wednesday it is then :D:D:D

Just a normal day in Lou World then :D

Can't beat a nice chicken fillet!!! ;)

Especially with a delicious mango and curry sauce lol:D

I really do not feel qualified to even try to enter into all your tech stuff as I am a dinosaur even though my son was one of the inventors of all things Internet on your phones. He despairs of me. Incidentally for him there is only Blackberry, perhaps because he is something impressive with them:D

I love to pop into here every now and then to see what my kiddywinkles and there friends are up to......not to often though. Ignorance is bliss.

Maximus said:
Dawn you blinking liar! you said Emma was lovely;)

Nah, tbh just personal opinion, I actually like Android and have had the best of HTC but now have Iphone. I have itunes setup and ALL the Apple kit:eek:

I am lovely but in very small doses ;)

So in your opinion which phone next HTC or an iphone?? I can't decide and my contract is up for renewal very shortly!

Wish me luck for WI tonight! for some reason I don't feel so confident now. (notice I refrained from using any other word beginning with the letter c then for obvious reasons).

I feel asa though the lack of exercise has hampered my progress. Not only that a new venue will mean the scales are all set up wrong and I will be gutted.

Still get the Wednesday Wobbles - and not talking about my belly either! - it doesn't help when I have just received a text from one of the ramblers who I got to join my local group saying:

"Well fatty r u going? margi x"

I mean, you just can't buy that sort of class can you?;)

Well absolutely shocked, stunned and devastated to have been 100% all week and had a STS. Yes I know it's better than a gain, but as most of you know I usually have a massive loss after a good gain - especially after being 100%

Can't believe lack of exercise can make that much difference. - be back after image therapy and after licked wounds and put toys back in my pram

Maximus said:
Well absolutely shocked, stunned and devastated to have been 100% all week and had a STS. Yes I know it's better than a gain, but as most of you know I usually have a massive loss after a good gain - especially after being 100%

Can't believe lack of exercise can make that much difference. - be back after image therapy and after licked wounds and put toys back in my pram

Don't be disheartened. Stay with it and you'll see next week will be fine & a loss.

You know that next week will be amazing :D Its just your body adjusting to having no body magic give it time to get used to it...

shenzi said:
You know that next week will be amazing :D Its just your body adjusting to having no body magic give it time to get used to it...

Totally agree. It will be amazing next week :)

Maximus said:
I misread that - I thought it said Good Morning Chicken, enjoy your trouble! - old age - a terrible thing eh Dawnie?

I wouldn't know hunni...

Can't wait to get there myself...;)

Maximus said:

Ditto what everyone else has said Steve.

Lack of exercise in someone who's so used to it is bound to have a negative effect on your weight loss.

You'll be able to use the new weights when the gloves etc arrive, so that might help.

Just stick with it, you know it works, and you know you can do it x

Chin(s) up hunni! x

Back