From Miss Clumsy to Miss Graceful (hopefully!) :)

My god, did it rain last night! Haven't been down to the allotment on account of this, as I know it will be all muddy, and as I left my wellies at school I wouldn't be able to do any digging. My back and legs are killing me as well from all the digging yesterday, so I guess I might as well take it easy today.

My friend cancelled on me anyway (we are rescheduling for later in the week) so at least I don't have to worry about the pub lunch!

Have had half a pot of fat free strawberry yogurt for brekkie, with a cheese toastie (which felt very naughty first thing but I was hungry) which I made in my new panini maker. The bread was my HEXB and the cheese my HEXA so that's OK.

I've just written on the Wednesday weigh in thread about one of my downfalls (after alcohol and cheese) being portion size, and that really made me think. Why do I struggle with portion size so much? And without trying to pass blame (I'm really not), the only thing I can think of is that I come from the sort of family where Mum is a trained chef, and if you did not have second helpings of everything she would start questioning her cooking. Like, literally 'what is wrong with my food, why are you not eating' kind of thing.

So I guess for an easy life we used to stuff ourselves, which was fine growing up, as I played lots of sports, and was a very active girl, but then I injured my knee (playing football) and that was pretty much the end of running and lots of sports.

Then I met my OH, and the rest is probably a familiar story. Get comfortable, eat take-aways, drink too much etc. He is the kind of bloke who can eat and drink whatever he wants without putting on any weight (*******), and he does not understand why I am not the same! I kept secretly hoping this would all change once he turned into his 40s, so that he would 'get it', but he is now 48 and is, sadly, as skinny as ever!!! It's so unfair!! If I was on his diet for even a month I would put on about 4 stone, I just know it.

Anyway, the sun is shining now, so I might go down to the allotment and have a look later, to see if it has dried up, at least I might be able to carry on cutting down some of the long grass, even if I don't get to dig today.

Here's to a great day!! :D

what are you planning to grow in your allotment, any thing exciting.

its funny isn't it how there are long waiting lists for alloments but a lot of them are overgrown and unloved :eek:

hope the sun stays out for you and you have a great afternoon xx

To be honest, I haven't made any exact plans yet, as the clearing out operation will no doubt take me a few months lol!

I definitely want to do raspberries and strawberries, and runner beans, potatoes and broccoli. I do a lot at home already (in pots, as I live in a tiny town house with just a postage stamp for a garden) so lettuce and stuff like that I'll carry on doing at home, oh and my home grown tomatoes and chillies will stay in my little greenhouse in the back garden, but in terms of the allotment, it's just so nice to be able to plan for bigger things! :)

And I think this will keep me more motivated, as the work I do will get the pay off of lovely veg - as you know I have not been terribly motivated to go to the gym lately! ;)

How are you getting on anyway hun, have you had a good week? xx

I was reading the NSV thread earlier, which I love doing as it has such great stories; especially the ones that say 'I was a size 20 ten months ago and now I'm a 12' kind of thing, as this really inspires me and gives me hope that this will be me one day!

The thread got me thinking though... and I realised that I don't actually know what happened to me between size 18/20 and size 26??! I know that sounds ridiculous, but I remember buying size 20 clothes, then suddenly I'm in a 26.

Talk about denial, have I really been walking around with my head in the sand for the last few years? Apparently so! I certainly don't have any 'staff' that go out buying clothes for me, so how come I don't remember that I crept up to a size 22 and then 24??? I used to buy clothes in M&S, then suddenly I'm shopping in Evans - how did I not even twig at that point???

The mind boggles. Oh well, NEVER again am I going to buy a size 26 item of clothing, I have enough to see me through until I loose some more, and NEVER again am I going to not notice a change in sizes. From now on the change will be going to smaller, rather than bigger, of course!! :D

Hey,

I've just read through your diary and wanted to say your are sounding really positive and really in the right frame of mind. You are doing so well already too. :) That's soo good that you have finally got an allotment. Me and my partner have one on his smallholding which we grow lots in. :) Hope your having a good day :) xx

Aaw, thanks hun, I really do feel like I CAN do this, at the end of the day it's not rocket science, but sometimes it feels just like it! :D

What kind of stuff do you grow on your allotment then, I am after some tips! Bought a brilliant book off Amazon, it's called The Essential Allotment Guide by John Harrison, it only arrived this morning and I have been reading up today (as I couldn't go down there on account of the rain) and I'm all fired up now (even more than before lol!!). Any tips gratefully received!! :)

Hope you are having a good day too hun! :) xx

Your Welcome. You CAN do this. :D

We grow allsorts. Potatoes, runner beans, green beans, French beans, broad beans, cauliflower, leeks, lettuce, beetroot, swede, parsnips, turnips, courgettes, onions, peas, pumpkins, cucumbers, carrots, radishes, shallots - the list goes on... :) ever need any help at all I'll try and advise :)

My day has been okay - working, but I do get to sit on mini's all day :)

xx

Brilliant - you must have veg all year round then! :)

I can't wait until I have cleared the whole area and can start actually growing stuff, even my OH said he might start eating more veg if it's home grown lol!

Just had a little peek on your diary, and you seem really positive too, good luck for your WI (it's tonight, isn't it?) Mine is tomorrow and although I have been good I still feel a bit nervous!! :D

Yeah we do get a fair amount of veg. Though a lot of the potatos have already gone rotton this year, last year we were getting them up until january. :( ah well.

Yes just been weighed - lost 1lb :) x

Yay, well done!!!! :D xx

Yr diary looks ace! Welldone u and I know u can do it! I can tell from the positive attitude u have!!

I too am a teacher (primary for me tho) and find the school holidays a challenge! Too much time to cook or think about foods I think lol.

Anyway keep it up! Can't wait too did out what you have lost tomorrow x

Yr diary looks ace! Welldone u and I know u can do it! I can tell from the positive attitude u have!!

I too am a teacher (primary for me tho) and find the school holidays a challenge! Too much time to cook or think about foods I think lol.

Anyway keep it up! Can't wait too did out what you have lost tomorrow x

Thanks hun!! Talking about doing well, how about you, bloody hell have you done good! :) I must have a little read of your diary in a minute to see what your secret is lol!

I know what you mean, the school holidays are usually murder for me, as all I think about during the day is food and drink! Doesn't help when the OH loves a drink as much as I do and is often a bad influence on me - but he is at work this week (he's a postie) so at least I won't have him leading me astray (cos of course he twists my arm and holds a gun to my head and all that, I am totally innocent) :innocent0002:

Hope you have had a fab day off, I've stuck to my home made veggie soup all day (apart from brekkie), perfect food for the horrible weather we've been having! :)

Just had a read through your diary. Sounds like your doing really well and really positive.

I shall be popping back to see how you are doing :)
X

Thanks hun, the diary really keeps me focused, and it kind of helps to ramble on a bit about various stuff, doesn't it?! :)

I really must start writing down what I actually eat though, so that is my next goal.

You seem to be doing well also (judging by your stickers, I will have to have a little look at your diary as well!), keep it up and please do pop back whenever!! :)

MissClumsy said:
Thanks hun, the diary really keeps me focused, and it kind of helps to ramble on a bit about various stuff, doesn't it?! :)

I really must start writing down what I actually eat though, so that is my next goal.

You seem to be doing well also (judging by your stickers, I will have to have a little look at your diary as well!), keep it up and please do pop back whenever!! :)

It does help keep focused definately. Like you say i tend to ramble a lot on my own diary but its good.

II got everything down in my diary myself earlier after three weeks off plan found it really therapeutic. I have had a blip a I say 3 weeks off plan but feeling even more determined.

Good idea to get your food down of u can I tend to get lazy with that tho and just get it down on paper. Seen a lot of diaries that do put food down tho and must help.

And in the words of Arne- I shall be back!
X

OK, don't panic, it will be fine. Going to WI in an hour's time, am getting all nervous! Don't even know why, as I have been good this week, but I still feel like I am about to sit my final exams every week! Not good for my blood pressure lol!

Anyway, I decided to get myself a little something each time I lose a stone, just as a little treat to keep myself motivated.

So today (as I got my first stone shiny sticker last week), I got the Kelly Holmes sports watch!! It is very pretty, all purple/pink and white, but I have no bloody idea how to work the thing yet so I will have to sit down and read the manual later tonight!! :D

Roll on WI, I am hungry and don't want to eat before I go! As a famous advert states 'every little helps!' :)

Last edited:
A whole pound off!! :)

Now, the 'old' me would have no doubt moaned at this, saying 'only a pound, what's the point', but the NEW me is going wooooooohoooooooo!!!!! :party0011:

At the end of the day, this is probably the rate that I have been putting ON weight in the past year (even faster, no doubt), so to have things moving in the right direction is just soooo fantastic!!! :party0049:

Now I'm going to eat my massive omelette that I've just made, and have a lovely cup of tea to celebrate - oh the rock and roll lifestyle I lead!! :D

Oh, I forgot to tell you the most important thing!!!

As well as buying my lovely new sports watch today while in Tesco, I spotted some clothes half price, and of course my brain immediately goes into 'look how much I can save' drive.

As I was saying the other day, I have been buying size 26 clothes (tops, especially, as my 'assets' are rather splendid), well today I bought 3 items; a size 24 top, a size 22 top and a size 20 dress. I got the lot for £20, so needless to say I was quite chuffed with myself, thinking I will have something to aim for, cos of course the clothes would not fit yet.

Get home, try on (just to see how far off they were from fitting) and lo and behold - the size 24 is too big, the size 22 fits PERFECTLY and the dress...well, to say it's like a second skin would be an understatement, put it this way, I went to bend down in it and had to stop as I thought I was going to split the side seams - BUT at least I managed to wriggle into it!!!! And I was almost able to breathe in it!! :)

If I keep going like this I reckon it might fit me for my birthday in February!! NOT that I'm going to put pressure on myself, it will happen when it happens, but at least this time round I know it WILL happen!! :D

Hurrah!!!!

Back