From S.W. to Atkins.

Wrinkly

Recovering chocoholic.
Hi, I,m waiting for the book to arrive so may I pop in here to ask questions from time to time?
I have been with SW mostly on red days but having little success. I feel from what I have red, that Atkins is much more strict than SW - or is there a vast difference?
My next question is, is it OK to drink Nescafe' with skimmed milk - I don't take sugar or sweetener. I usually drink about 8 coffee mugs per day.
3. I have a set of Australian measuring cups, does anyone know if they're the same as American cups?
4. I have arthritic hips so take no planned exercise, I walk a little, garden a little but besides HW that's all I do, can I still lose weight?
Sorry to be so woolly minded.

Thank you so much for you reply. Wow you are doing really well! I want very much to lose weight, I know my arthritis wouldn't hurt so much if I did. I think I'd better just drink water in future.. :)
Thank you again.

Wrinkly - I am in day two of the diet and have decided to go caffine free. Not easy from soemone who drinks around eight cups of coffee a day!! I have felt a bit headachy today but I am not sure if that is the diet, sugar withdrawal, caffine withdrawal or a bit of all three! But what I can say is that nothing makes me feel better and more awake and energised than increased water intake which is a must. Good luck with everything!

Hi Laura & Sparkles, Thankfully I'm not keen on fizzy drinks but I am a 'coffee pot.' I think like you Sparkles I had better abstain & stick to water. Luckily where I live, it's quite nice out of the tap.
There seems to be an awful lot to learn, I've read Jim's stickies as you suggest Laura, I think somehow I shall be going back to them again & again..

LOL, looks like Laura has done my work here. She's great isn't she wrinkly. :D

LOL, well it was a nice weekend Laura. :)

Back