Dismiss Notice
Welcome to MiniMins! Be sure to check out our complete listing of diets on the front page including Slimming World, Exante, Weight Watchers, Cambridge Weight Plan, Herbalife, and hundreds more.

From S.W. to Atkins.

Discussion in 'Atkins Diet' started by Wrinkly, 30 May 2009 Social URL.

1. Wrinkly

Wrinkly Recovering chocoholic.

Current Weight:
    11st13lb
    Diet:
    Low Carb
    Hi, I,m waiting for the book to arrive so may I pop in here to ask questions from time to time?
    I have been with SW mostly on red days but having little success. I feel from what I have red, that Atkins is much more strict than SW - or is there a vast difference?
    My next question is, is it OK to drink Nescafe' with skimmed milk - I don't take sugar or sweetener. I usually drink about 8 coffee mugs per day.
    3. I have a set of Australian measuring cups, does anyone know if they're the same as American cups?
    4. I have arthritic hips so take no planned exercise, I walk a little, garden a little but besides HW that's all I do, can I still lose weight?
    Sorry to be so woolly minded.

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Wrinkly

Current Weight:
    11st13lb
    Diet:
    Low Carb
    Thank you so much for you reply. Wow you are doing really well! I want very much to lose weight, I know my arthritis wouldn't hurt so much if I did. I think I'd better just drink water in future.. :)
    Thank you again.

4. Sparkles.

Sparkles. Full Member

Start Weight:
    16st9lb
    Current Weight:
    13st13lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    2st10lb(16.31%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Wrinkly - I am in day two of the diet and have decided to go caffine free. Not easy from soemone who drinks around eight cups of coffee a day!! I have felt a bit headachy today but I am not sure if that is the diet, sugar withdrawal, caffine withdrawal or a bit of all three! But what I can say is that nothing makes me feel better and more awake and energised than increased water intake which is a must. Good luck with everything!

5. Wrinkly

Current Weight:
    11st13lb
    Diet:
    Low Carb
    Hi Laura & Sparkles, Thankfully I'm not keen on fizzy drinks but I am a 'coffee pot.' I think like you Sparkles I had better abstain & stick to water. Luckily where I live, it's quite nice out of the tap.
    There seems to be an awful lot to learn, I've read Jim's stickies as you suggest Laura, I think somehow I shall be going back to them again & again..

6. Jim

Jim Big Boy

Start Weight:
    25st0lb
    Current Weight:
    13st1lb
    Goal Weight:
    13st1lb
    Lost(%):
    11st13lb(47.71%)
    Badges:
    Maintainer
    Diet:
    Atkins Maintenance
    LOL, looks like Laura has done my work here. She's great isn't she wrinkly. :D

7. Wrinkly

Current Weight:
    11st13lb
    Diet:
    Low Carb
    :clap: Thank you again all.

8. Jim

Jim Big Boy

Start Weight:
    25st0lb
    Current Weight:
    13st1lb
    Goal Weight:
    13st1lb
    Lost(%):
    11st13lb(47.71%)
    Badges:
    Maintainer
    Diet:
    Atkins Maintenance
    LOL, well it was a nice weekend Laura. :)

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.