From Shabby to Stunning restarting 14 Jan 2013

Quick update for today (will update as the day progresses):

Monday 3 September: Week 1, Day 7: EE

B: 35g Fruit & Fibre (HEB)
L: Chicken & Pasta salad (2 syns mayo) + nectarine
S: WW yoghurt + Grapes
D: Pork Ratatuoille + Jacket Potato + cheese (HEA)
Treat: Biscuits (10 syns)

Today's Syns: 12 syns
Total Syns: 117.5 syns out of 105

Exercise: Walking 1hr
Medication: Taken

Really need to up the superfree on EE days.

Not a great first week, but an OK attempt!

Last edited:
YAY!! I've lost 2lbs - now 11 stone 13lbs.

However, pigged out on Tuesday, so back to plan today..

Wednesday 5 September: Week 2 Day 2: EE

B: 35g Fruit & Fibre (HEB) + 250ml SS Milk (HEA)
L: Jacket Potato + Salad + 40g Cheese (7 syns)
S: WW Yogurt
D: Diet Coke Chicken + Broccoli + Low Fat Supernoodles

Today's Syns: 7 syns
Total Syns: 22 syns out of 105
(have calculated yesterday's syns as 15, although it was a lot more!!)Exercise: None Planned
Medication: Taken

Been on and off plan for most of week 2, but.... managed to lose another 2lbs - so now at 11 stone 11lbs :D

Think it's got to do with the fact that I've been doing a lot of daily walking... anyway back to plan:

Tuesday 11 September: Week 3 Day 1: EE

B: 35g Fruit & Fibre (HEB) + Cup of Tea (with sweetner)
L: Jacket Potato + Soya Bean Salad (2 syns) + 56g Sweet Chilli Philadelphia (4 syns)
D: Lamb Curry made with Jalfrezi Sauce (5 syns) + Naan Bread (5 syns)
T: Passion Fruit Mousse (4.5 syns)

Today's Syns: 20.5 syns
Total Syns: 20.5 syns out of 105
Exercise: None Planned

Last edited:
Wednesday 12 September: Week 3 Day 2: EE

B: Banana + 2 Weetabix (HEB) + 250ml SS Milk (HEA) + Cup of tea (with sweetner)
L: Jacket Potato + Bean Salad (2 syns) + 56g Sweet Chilli Philadelphia (4 syns) + Grapes
D: Classic Spaghetti Bolognese (9 syns) as mince isn't extra lean + Cauliflower
T: None, as went over my syns yesterday

Today's Syns: 15
Total Syns: 35.5 syns out of 105
Exercise: None Planned

Oh goodness, how time flies...
I feel so stupid, I used every excuse in the book to begin my diet 'next week'... and now we are in 2013.
Only good news is that I've only put on a 1lb since my last weigh in - several months ago...
I'm 11st 12lbs, with the aim of getting down to 10st by Summer 2013 (as I'm planning on booking a Summer holiday to either Dubai or Florida :)), and I don't want to look at the photos and wish that I made more of an effort.

Plus - I'll be 40 this year - and that terrifies me. If I can't get my act together at 40, when will I??

I'm due to restart next Monday (14/01/2013) and hope I can really stick to it this time.
I'll start thinking of menu plans, recipes and general ways of sticking to the plan, so that I can be super prepared for Monday.

Hiya GlamUp,

I've just been reading your diary (yep all of it!) and you do really well when your on plan but you seem to lose motivation quite quickly. I used to do the EXACT same thing. I was on slimfast for like 5 days then gave up, I did calorie counting for a few weeks then pigged out on pizza and crap and then gave up, did the juice diet for a week lost 12lbs and then ended up eating crap the week after and piling it back on!

Slimming world (so far, and im still fairly new) has been the only plan I have enjoyed and actually stuck to (minus xmas and new years hols!) and I think one of the biggest reasons I have actually managed to stick to it is because every sunday I sit down and make a plan of exactly what i'll eat on what day and where my syns will fit it!

I also cook extra at dinner times so that the left overs can be taken to work and eaten for lunch. Most of my dinners are syn free that way i'm hardly ever using syns in my day. Sometimes i'll get home and find i still have to use some syns up! I also eat literally every hour to hour and half to stop me from snacking on crap and getting seriously hungry! Like today I had my brekkie, then i had an alpen light at 9.30 then I had a banana at 11, then I had another alpen light at 12, then lunch at 1.30, ill probably have an apple at 3, and then ill have a mullerlight at about 4.30 just before i go home.

Annnnnnnnnnnnd one more thing! Might be a big disturbing! but I took a pic of myself on day one in my swimming gear, and i look dreadful. I now keep this as my phone screensaver, so everytime i go to pick up a treat i look at that and think 'you know what i don't want to eat that!' seems to work most of the time! haha

Anywhos enough rambling! You can definately do it! I'll try and keep you motivated and on track ;)

Hey MissPeriPeri, thanks for stopping by.
I've been reading all of yours too... Your name caught my eye :D.
I love Nando's too..
Yes, you're right - I give up too easily - with everything, not just weight loss.
I would love for you to keep me motivated. I've subscribed to your diary x

How you getting on today Glam?

Hi Miss PeriPeri

I'm good thanks, how are you?
Have spent all morning planning my meals for next week - inbetween writing a couple of reports and attending meetings!
I'm struggling to be creative in my menu plan - find I'm eating the same things - Chilli, Spag Bol or some kind of curry... I love spicy food and I have an OH and son to feed in the evening, so really want to create a meal plan that is SW friendly and filling for the two 'skinny' men in my life!
Am planning to begin properly on Monday, and I've read on some other threads that things have changed, i.e. Healthy Extras - so want to make sure I'm up to date with any changes.

It is hard sometimes to think of what to eat. Especially when you have lunch AND dinner to think about, which is why i just eat what dinner is left over so thats one less meal a day i have to worry about.
How about having slimming world quiche.. its the quickest thing i made, literally takes me 10 mins and then you bung it in the oven, and you can make extra. My sister hates quiche and she loved this!!
Some days you could even do simple stuff like eggs, sw chips and beans!!
Let me know how you get on.

It is hard sometimes to think of what to eat. Especially when you have lunch AND dinner to think about, which is why i just eat what dinner is left over so thats one less meal a day i have to worry about.
How about having slimming world quiche.. its the quickest thing i made, literally takes me 10 mins and then you bung it in the oven, and you can make extra. My sister hates quiche and she loved this!!
Some days you could even do simple stuff like eggs, sw chips and beans!!
Let me know how you get on.

Thanks.
Just been reading the Jan/Feb mag, and feeling really inspired. There are a number of doable meals that I can make for dinner, and good ideas for lunch.
Really hope I can motivate myself to stay on track.

I think I actually need to make more of an effort too. Thinking of making lunches at home and taking them to work, which is probably cheaper and better for me.
Need to go and purchase some plastic containers.

Yay, today I restart SW and for some reason I'm more optimistic than the last time I began.
Probably because I spent all weekend pouring over back dated SW mags, the Curry Heaven cookbook and this website :).
It is definitely doable - at least on paper - so there is no reason why I can't eat good food and enjoy a daily treat.

Today is Manic Monday - left home at 7:30am this morning, but won't back until about 9pm!!
So I have to be super organised and have plenty of superfree snacks with me.

It's freezing outside today. Was snowing when I left home and more snow is forecast this evening.

So, this is what I plan to eat today:

Monday 14 January 2013: Extra Easy

HEA: 250ML Semi Skimmed Milk
HEB: 2 Weetabix

B: 2 Weetabix with SS milk and 2 clementines
L: Tesco Chilli Chicken Noodle Salad (2.5 syns), grapes and 2 clementines
S: Banana, Options Hot Chocolate (2 syns) and 2-Finger Kitkat (5.5 syns)
D: Chicken (cooked in a tomato based sauce, with onions, chicken stock, chilli peppers and oil (estimated 5 syns for the oil)) with a small portion of Basmati rice.

Drinks: Aiming to drink as much water as possible - which for me is probably about 500ml :rolleyes:
Syns: 15

Seems so easy once it's written down!!

Duh and i just asked how your food was looking in my diary - im such a silly monkey! Your food today sounds yummy!!You might want to up the amount of superfree in your dinner though as ideally you want to have a third to boost weight loss! just had a small side salad with it or something!
Kitkats are my fave choccy treat but i brought some mikado and mini milks too!!

Hope your having a good day hun! :)

Thanks Peri, just replied to your question in your diary :)
Fortunately I love all chocolate, but would prefer a Wispa or something, but I think the syns are quite high.
Have a good day too x

Last edited:
Got a bit of a headache this evening, probably having withdrawal symptoms from all the cr*p I normally eat.

Have some updates to today's planned food, will update when I get home.

Back