From Shabby to Stunning restarting 14 Jan 2013

What a morning!
Woke up and got dressed, only to realise it snowed heavily earlier this morning and can't get my car out. Was planning to go to church with my Mum and sisters :(.
So am staying at home and watching further episodes of 24 :)

Having to improvise a bit today, as I've been unable to go to the supermarket this weekend.

Sunday 20 January

HEA: 250 ML Semi Skimmed Milk
HEB: 35g Porridge Oats

B: Porridge made with milk
S: 2 Jammie Dodgers (10 syns)
L: Steak pie (will check the syns)
S: Roast Chicken mugshot
D: Stewed Chicken with Basmati Rice (5 syns)

Syns: tbc

im totally snowed in too today! yay haha - gives me a chance to do a photoshoot in my garden, haven't done any photography work in a long time because of work and my portfolio is starting to look a little dry! May even try and create a few make up looks later for my instagram portfolio!

Food is looking good lovely!! apart from the naughty choccy!! Why not invest in some curlywurlys or kitkats (lower in syns!)

Apologies, didn't update my diary yesterday, have been soo busy and soo cold!
Am hating the snow, but luckily it's starting to melt - until we get the next batch on Thursday (according to the weather forecast).
Won't bother to post my diary for the past two days - have been naughty, although loosely sticking to plan.
Will start afresh tomorrow!!

Where you disappeared to glam!?

Hey Peri,

Haven't disappeared - just being pathetic...
Finding it soo hard to stay on track - it's * week for me too, and my food intake is erratic!
Still lurking on here and being inspired by you - you're doing so well.
Thanks for checking up on me x

I'm back, with my tail between my legs...
Absolutely hate the fact that I'm still the same weight as I was at the beginning of the year and still hate my appearance.
So I've decided to really make an effort, one day at a time.
Sounds silly, but there are quite a number of younger girls at work now, and I'm really feeling frumpy :sigh:
Anyway, what have I eaten today ...

Wed 02/10 - Extra Easy
B: 35g Fruit and Fibre (B), SS milk (A), Banana and an Apple
L: Soya Bean Salad (1) and 1/2 pack of Piri Piri sliced chicken (1) and Passion Fruit Mousse (4.5)
D: Bolognese made with Asda spicy tomato pasta sauce (3.5) and Jacket Potato

Total Syns: 10

Overall a good day. Should have had some vegetables with my dinner, but all in all, not bad.

Last edited:
Ahh, can't wait to lose some weight, am on the train home, trousers so tight they are uncomfortable and the buttons on my shirt are about to pop!

Had another good day today.
Ate quite well - although there is room for improvement! Need to drink more water.

Thurs 03/10 - Extra Easy
B: 35g Porridge (B), SS milk (A), Grapes with Coffee.

L: Three Bean Salad (3.5), Boiled Egg, 1/2 pack of Piri Piri sliced chicken (1), and Strawberry Danio Yogurt (1)

D: Prawn Jalfrezi made with Sainsburys Jalfrezi cooking sauce (5), 1/2 pack of express Pilau rice (2) and vegetables.
Black currant Squash (1)??

Total Syns: 13.5

Unsure about the syns in the blackcurrant drink, so guessed one syn.

Have lunch with a colleague tomorrow - hope I can stay on plan.

Last edited:
Good Morning all,
Am shattered, struggling to get out of bed! Need to get some milk for breakfast and decide what to have for dinner tonight.

So there's a lot going on at work at the moment, so a colleague summoned me to lunch. Let's hope I still have a job in the New Year, it seems that a number of cuts are being made!!
Not sure if that news had an effect on me, cause it all went downhill after lunch!!

Friday 04/10 - Extra Easy
B: 35g Fruit and Fibre (B), SS milk (A), Grapes with Coffee.
L: Duck Noodles (20??) and Peach Danio Yogurt (2)
S: Wagon wheel (?) and a Kitkat (12)
D: Still to be decided

Total Syns: ?!

I keep telling myself it isn't the end of the world. Just claw back on some syns over the weekend, and all will be fine. But that's easier said than done!!

Last edited:
This is why I have to plan... Got home late tonight, with nothing in the house to eat, so ended up having a tuna/mayo sandwich with a cup of tea and some biscuits...

Didn't do too well over the weekend, but have had a good couple of days. I'm finding breakfast OK, although I'm hungry by lunchtime; the hardest is during the afternoon, about 4pm, I just feel like chocolate :eek:.
Definitely need to find some low-syn snacks for the afternoon and mid-morning.
Also need some sweetner, as I've been adding a tiny bit of sugar to my morning coffee.
Seem to do a bit better without the added stress of worrying how much I'm going to lose.
Just taking each day as it comes ;)

Back