• Upgrades have been completed! Including conversations, 😁😎🏀⚾⚽ Emojis and more.. Read more



Frozen fruit

sparkledpixie

Silver Member
S: 13st1lb C: 12st11.5lb G: 9st7lb BMI: 29.9 Loss: 0st3.5lb(1.91%)
#1

Shrimpy

Gold Member
S: 13st6lb C: 8st12lb G: 8st11lb BMI: 24.2 Loss: 4st8lb(34.04%)
#2
I usually cover in yogurt and eat still mostly frozen, but sometimes I eat them defrosted. :)
 

sparkledpixie

Silver Member
S: 13st1lb C: 12st11.5lb G: 9st7lb BMI: 29.9 Loss: 0st3.5lb(1.91%)
#5
Thank you all, might try the half frozen idea!
 

Sio

Full Member
#6
I mostly eat them with yougurt as 'dessert'. They're nice put in the bottom of a bowl with low sugar jelly poured over the top and some fat free yougurt, feels a bit like trifle.

Also I like doing the porridge thing or you try with weetabix.

Also there's a recipe on the website for a summer pudding that uses bread and berries that is lovely.

I like them a bit frozen too but my teeth can't always cope!
 

who_la_hoop

Silver Member
S: 16st9.5lb C: 10st8lb G: 8st7lb BMI: 25.4 Loss: 6st1.5lb(36.62%)
#7
I like my frozen berries partially defrosted too! Nice to have a bit of 'crunch' to them. Most of the berries defrost perfectly fine, but I'm not keen on the strawberries that way - they go a bit soggy.
 
S: 13st1lb C: 12st11.5lb G: 9st7lb BMI: 29.9 Loss: 0st3.5lb(1.91%)
#8
I finally got round to trying frozen summer berries today... Put them in porridge with a teaspoon of splenda. They were so sour and tart! Should I be putting more sweetener in?
 
#9
I used mine in my porridge alternative (don't like the stuff) Healthy extra muesli portion, 1 grated apple, loaded of FF yoghurt and hand full of frozen berries. I let that soak overnight and take it with me on the morning I go to the gym before work. Really tasty!
 
S: 13st1lb C: 12st11.5lb G: 9st7lb BMI: 29.9 Loss: 0st3.5lb(1.91%)
#10
I used mine in my porridge alternative (don't like the stuff) Healthy extra muesli portion, 1 grated apple, loaded of FF yoghurt and hand full of frozen berries. I let that soak overnight and take it with me on the morning I go to the gym before work. Really tasty!
Do you grate your apple the day before too? Does it not go brown?
 

Lucky7

Gold Member
S: 10st4lb C: 10st4lb G: 9st7lb BMI: 27.2 Loss: 0st0lb(0%)
#11
I drop mine into my porridge still frozen, it cools the porridge so I can shovel it in faster :D
Yep - me too. I like the fact that the frozen banana defrosts really soft and makes my porridge creamy.
 

BeckyT

Always trying!
S: 13st10.5lb C: 9st6lb G: 10st10lb BMI: 21.3 Loss: 4st4.5lb(31.43%)
#12
Lucky7 said:
Yep - me too. I like the fact that the frozen banana defrosts really soft and makes my porridge creamy.
Frozen banana, I dont think I've ever seen these, where did you get them from?
 

x_ali_x

Silver Member
S: 18st3lb C: 17st4lb G: 10st0lb BMI: 35.7 Loss: 0st13lb(5.1%)
#13
I like to blitz it up with a glug of milk or yogurt makes it like sorbet/ice cream is 3 syns for 200g of berries but makes a HUGE bowl full.
 

Tracy831

HERE I GO AGAIN !!!!!!!
S: 17st6lb C: 16st7lb G: 11st0lb BMI: 36.2 Loss: 0st13lb(5.33%)
#14
BeckyT said:
Frozen banana, I dont think I've ever seen these, where did you get them from?
I just make my own , I peel any that have gone a bit ripe and either chop them or freeze them whole( where I eat them like a creamy lolly)and put them in cling film or a food bag and bung em in the freezer .
 

Lucky7

Gold Member
S: 10st4lb C: 10st4lb G: 9st7lb BMI: 27.2 Loss: 0st0lb(0%)
#15
Frozen banana, I dont think I've ever seen these, where did you get them from?
When I have bananas that are getting a bit too ripe (or if there are some reduced at the supermarket) I chop them into slices and lay them on greaseproof paper (actually I've just bought a reusable teflon sheet for the job now) in a single layer. Once frozen I transfer them to a freezer bag.

I tend to just use them for the porridge - it works out more economical and means I can make my breakfast with just one eye open.

Am thinking of buying some chocolate sauce to squirt over a few slices to eat half frozen when I get sweet cravings though.

I think it's Pete that has a recipe on here for ice cream that he makes using frozen bananas.
 

Lucky7

Gold Member
S: 10st4lb C: 10st4lb G: 9st7lb BMI: 27.2 Loss: 0st0lb(0%)
#16
I like to blitz it up with a glug of milk or yogurt makes it like sorbet/ice cream is 3 syns for 200g of berries but makes a HUGE bowl full.
Yum - it is synned when blitzed though.
 

BeckyT

Always trying!
S: 13st10.5lb C: 9st6lb G: 10st10lb BMI: 21.3 Loss: 4st4.5lb(31.43%)
#17
Lucky7 said:
When I have bananas that are getting a bit too ripe (or if there are some reduced at the supermarket) I chop them into slices and lay them on greaseproof paper (actually I've just bought a reusable teflon sheet for the job now) in a single layer. Once frozen I transfer them to a freezer bag.

I tend to just use them for the porridge - it works out more economical and means I can make my breakfast with just one eye open.

Am thinking of buying some chocolate sauce to squirt over a few slices to eat half frozen when I get sweet cravings though.

I think it's Pete that has a recipe on here for ice cream that he makes using frozen bananas.
What a good idea... For some reason is never thought of freezing bananas... I'll have to give it a whirl
 
S: 13st1lb C: 12st11.5lb G: 9st7lb BMI: 29.9 Loss: 0st3.5lb(1.91%)
#18
Ooo me too... Heard people do it before but never tried it myself
 


Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Syn Values 0
Slimming World 6
Syn Values 1
Slimming World Off Topic 3
Slimming World 12

Similar threads



Top