fruit and veg boxes!

kingleds said:
I swear google images was designed for Riverford Delivery Day. We used identify everything on the list we knew, then google the name of anything we couldn't identify & then try and match the pics to the box!

Lol really? I look forward to identifying and thinking up some inventive meals tonight then! xx

This thread has got me all excited.....yes, yes I am that sad........ I may have to go back to veg box deliveries!

Sent from my Desire HD using MiniMins

i much prefer riverford veg last much longer than able and cole. never paid for delivery with them.

on their website it says

organic food fresh from our Hampshire farm to your door - free delivery (this is on my local website.)

I'm starting to wonder if it was another company now..... They definitely had an extortionate delivery charge!

Sent from my Desire HD using MiniMins

I have previously used Riverford (pre-slimming world) and thought it was very good.
Moved house etc and never got round to sorting it out again, but might now I'm using a lot more fruit and veg.

My friend has used a few different ones and said the produce wasnt always fresh as possible and they wernt great value for money. I tend to go into the town on my day off and go to the differnt supermarkets and fruit and veg shops on foot and but whats on offer or what I fancy I usually get some good bargins and some inspiration.
You also get a free workout out of it because Jeeze.. the bags dont half make your arms ache :O)

Here it is............

I have

Carrots
Onions & shallots
Potatoes
Peppers
Cauliflower
Salad leaves
Mushrooms (yuk)
And leeks

All looks yummy and fresh (except the fungus - vile!!).

Although I'm not sure it's something I'd be keen to pay £12.35 a week/fortnight for!

I have found another local company whose pricing seems a little more competitive, so might give those a try after my 3 weeks with riverford are up!

Attachments

• image-4114515857.jpg
    image-4114515857.jpg
    59.5 KB · Views: 61
  • image-1230875668.jpg
    image-1230875668.jpg
    68.1 KB · Views: 56
  • image-2898321747.jpg
    image-2898321747.jpg
    52.9 KB · Views: 55
How did your hubby struggle to identify any of that?! :) I admit to being flumoxed (what a brill word btw) by a squash of some description, but i reckon i could identify most things.....now

Lol god knows.

He's male so most simple tasks are quite difficult for him - poor love.

I imagine it was the salad leaves and maybe the mud on the onions & carrots that puzzled him a little. And maybe the potatoes being in a brown paper bag were the real humdinger!! xx

selwonk said:
Lol god knows.

He's male so most simple tasks are quite difficult for him - poor love.

I imagine it was the salad leaves and maybe the mud on the onions & carrots that puzzled him a little. And maybe the potatoes being in a brown paper bag were the real humdinger!! xx

To be fair, not sure my hubby would know what a carrot looks like dirt or no dirt :)

You might like to check out the Cambridge Organic Food Company site (COFCO) if you live within striking distance! They do a good balance of vegetable types in their boxes and the delivery seems to be incorporated in the price of the box. These days I just have their weekly basic veg box as I like to use more fruit than they supplied, and prefer to stock up on the bargains at Aldi :)

I've had a couple of Riverford deliveries in the last few weeks. The veg was all good quality but I doubt its cheaper than a supermarket. The whole point of it is that its organic, fresher and keeping small farms going. First time I've had to wash carrots for years!!!! Delivery is free

Back