Frustrated by my scales

Pheonix2010

Silver Member
I have what I thought was a good set of scale , cost about £20 , digital , they measure you BMi, and body water , passing curent through your body

...and they have 10ths of a lb so very accurate

anyway yesterday I was 12.1.4 and today I got on and I was 11.12.8, so have lost nearly 3lb since yesterday

well I couldnt believe it so got on and off again several times , each time they said 11.12.8

Came downstairs and still amazed , I figured I must have read it wrong so went back up , and got on only to find it said , 11.13.8 exactly a lb more, this only happened once as everytime after that (about 4) it said 11.12.8 again

Now this may seem highly trivial but thats whole pound diferent , so its quite alot , do I just ignore the one blip and assume the right weight is the one that showed up the most

Im stunned I lost 3lb since yesterday , but in a way Im not because the last time I started this diet I lost 12lb in the first 8 days , obviously mostly water weight

I was going to weigh myself everyday for the first week to keep me going but I dont trust my scales now , anyone else have this problem ?

I could understand it if Id maybe had a coffee or something then weighed myself again , but nothing !

I think Ill just assume it was a blip and maybe weigh myself every 3 days and not everyday

I just worked out i I lose another 4 lb I wont be obese anymore , just overweight

STEP AWAY FROM THE SCALES!!!!!!!!!!

Lol, I weigh myself about 4 times a day, its silly but I try hard not to!
I have never tried them over and over to see if they give the same reading though.

I have Seca ones.... very accurate..... they never change if i move them or weigh a few times ...

its frustrating when they muck you about!!

But well done on the loss though!!!

My old scales (digital but not fancy) used to fluctuate a bit. I could get on and off and on and off and get a different reading each time (I used to take the lowest ;)). Those scales seemed to go awol when we moved house (actually they're probably in one of about 50 boxes of crap that we still haven't unpacked) so I bought some new ones when I started this diet and I'm very impressed. They are digital, measure in fractions of a pound and show the same reading everytime. I used to get on and off and on and off a few times when I first got them after my experience of the last ones but they never fluctuated even by a tenth of a pound. They don't do any of the fancy stuff like BMI, but to be honest I don't want to scare myself anymore than my weight already does! :).

Back