Fry Light - A question

Potatogirl

There is only now
Years ago I used to use it - but not all the time - the pump would sticky up - so I ended up throwing half of it away - so I never actually finished a bottle.

Realising this time I'd be using it all the time - I've kept the pump nozzle rinsed and I've noticed in the 6 weeks I've been using it - it's almost two thirds gone..which obviously has never happened before.

So...How long on average would you say a bottle of Fry light lasts you?

I don't use it that often really, I'm probably only on my second bottle since I started (over a year). It seems to go a long way!

Oh god - now I'm worried...

Probably a couple of months - though i have started using the bertolli olive oil spray (1 syn for 4 sprays) instead. I think
Frylight has a funny chemically smell so
I'm trying to reduce how much i use.

I'm not sure, I have three different flavours, LOL. But the yellow one lasts a month or two.

I had two different flavours on the go and just went into the kitchen to check the use-by dates.

Oops!

One was March 2011 and the other was November 2010!

So they have gone in the bin. But I don't seem to have suffered any ill-effects.

I use it all the time, in everything!!! I started sw end of feb and im halfway through my second bottle!! It's had no negative effects on my weight loss xxx

As long as you aren't pouring it onto anything, its free - so dont be worrying that you are misusing it. A couple of months is average for me, I have been doing SW for over a year now and I do use it frequently.

Probably a couple of months - though i have started using the bertolli olive oil spray (1 syn for 4 sprays) instead. I think
Frylight has a funny chemically smell so
I'm trying to reduce how much i use.

Sorry for the double post. I bought this recently too, and I find the spray is really weird, its more of a shot than a spray - but that said, using it to cook mushrooms in with a sprinkle of garlic salt is AMAZING, and worth the syn.

Thanks all for this. I'm on week 6 and have about a third left so I guess that's about right. I deffo haven't been pouring it - yuck!

How on earth do you get through that much? :eek:

That sounds excessive to the point where you might even need to syn it. 1 calorie a spray but imagine how many sprays are in a bottle!

Also intrigued/concerned at how you get through so much!
You may want to consider reducing your consumption, as using so much could end up having a negative effect on your weight loss.

Our consultant went to training recently and asked the question about how much frylight can we use and she was told to "Squirt til it hurts!" as long as you are not pouring it then it's totally free. One bottle normally lasts me about 6 weeks.

6 weeks? Im on the first bottle I bought back in September when I started, probably used 2 thirds and I use it regularly. I do use it in a non stick pan though so maybe that's why?

Sorry for the double post. I bought this recently too, and I find the spray is really weird, its more of a shot than a spray - but that said, using it to cook mushrooms in with a sprinkle of garlic salt is AMAZING, and worth the syn.

Agree! Mushrooms just go weird with Frylight in my opnion, olive oil all the way! Try a sprinkle of thyme with the garlic salt - YUM.

I use the green frylight and it last a few months - since buying the airfyer i have used it more to make SW chips as i think they cook/taste a little nicer with a spritz of the stuff!

It usually lasts about 3 months - i think!

I had two different flavours on the go and just went into the kitchen to check the use-by dates.

Oops!

One was March 2011 and the other was November 2010!

So they have gone in the bin. But I don't seem to have suffered any ill-effects.

Too late now but there was no need to throw them out. It is a best before date rather than use by, which only means it may not be as high quality after that date. You can carry on using them after the date. Frylight do say howeverthat you should use the bottle within 6 months of purchase for best results.

Back