• Upgrades have been completed! Including conversations, 😁😎🏀⚾⚽ Emojis and more.. Read more

Frying Eggs on Frylight?

I use frylight, 3 or 4 sprays into a little saucepan. Crack egg fry for a little while, then flip it over.

It doesn't look nice but it tastes exactly the same and it makes sure 100% it is cooked!

you need a good quality non stick pan, otherwise you egg will stick regardless of whether you use frylight or oil.

I have a pan like this Amazon.com: Joie de Vivre 50162 Mini Fry Egg Pan with Nonstick Surface: Kitchen & Dining, which perfectly fits one egg. I spray with frylight, crack my egg in and then put a saucepan lid over the top, the steam gets trapped and cooks the egg on top and avoids that horrible sliminess you can get.

the result is a perfectly cooked egg.

the other way I sometimes do my eggs is to fill a frying pan with some water, not too much and not to little, once water is boiling, crack egg in and cook like a fried egg, you can ladle some of the boiling water over the top which will cook the top perfectly but still have a nice soft centre if that is how you like them.

i'd go with the poached eggs too i have them every morning they are much better than fried ones

I don't have any problems frying eggs with fry light.. I have to let the whites stiffen a bit before I attempt at moving it around, but it cooks all the way through without needing to flip it.. Maybe you need better pans? Lol.

*honey

Silver Member
we get really good 'fried' eggs in fry light, but as Britmum said you need a good non stick pan. Mine werent expensive but they are still totally non stick ( not all scratched up) we let the pan get really hot, spray in fry light and wait a touch longer, splash a drop of water in and if it bubbles and 'spits' its hot enough, when you crack the egg in it should crackle at you. then just leave till cooked. i like my yolks runny, but hubby flips his over for 10 secs to cook the top more.

jen3

Silver Member
I fry in frylite then stick under the grill to do the top and get rid of the snotty bits - works a treat everytime

MrsBabyCakes

Naughty Fridge Picker
A very good non stick pan is essential! I have no probs with frylite. I use the buttery one cos it makes the egg taste nommy. I flip the egg over, once the whites has hardened and I can move the egg around.

I used to work in a cafe, to fry eggs there, we would start them off in the oil (or as I use now frylight) then PUT A LID ON TOP! The steam then cooks them and no splashing .... good luck

fry light couple of minutes in pan then under the grill to make sure the top is cooked
sounds gross
tastes great

Let us know how it went!

will definitely use the lid from now on. Thanks everyone good ideas.