Frying Eggs on Frylight?

I use the saucepan lid over the egg method as call me weird but I can't have a cracked yolk and this happens 80% of the time when I attempt to turn it over!

I add a drop of water too which i find really helps. I also do this when i'm cooking mushrooms too as I find they just soak up the fry light

Think i will buy buttery frylight next time..

Sounds like i need to make lots more eggs and just get good @ it lol x

I've never had a problem frying eggs in frylight at all. I use a non stick pan and they're fine. I think if you're used to having lots of oil and flicking it over the top to cook the top part-that's where the problem lies with frylight as you can't do that.
I tend to flip the egg over and the other side cooks in a few seconds and the yoke is still nice and runny.
My husband cooks the underside and then places the pan under the grill briefly to cook the top part. He thinks eggs taste much better using frylight as you taste the egg rather than the fat :)

You don't need to flip you egg if you cover with a lid, like I mentioned, it traps the steam which results in a perfectly cooked egg, (not crispy on the bottom and not slimy on top)

I flip mine over for a few seconds too and they still have soft yolks.
Might try using alid to steam now though, I don't like the look of it after it has been flipped! Still tastes great though
You defo do need a good non-stick pan I agree
:) :)

I'm with Britmum, use a lid. I generally add a splash of water on the lid before placing it over the egg, just creates that much more steam and cooks it quicker. Lovely that way, no dry bits! Also, don't but salt on eggs until cooked or it can make them a bit rubbery.

Yes, like I said, keep the lid on, no need for water either, and you get lovely egg, with no need for turning.

Tried it last night with the lid and a touch of water to add a bitmore steam.....................
Result = perfect delicious egg :)

There are almost as many way to fry an egg as there are to hard boil or soft boil them!

Personally, I am a devotee of Delia;)

Some people fry them at very higfh heat and very quickly, others on low heat with the lid and the steam affect cooking the top of the egg.

I can see the merits of those, but not by finishing off under a grill lol.

Seems like the poschers have this correct. Alternatively, for half a syn perhaps it is worth the oil;)

The single-egg frying pan mentioned by Britmum, is it available in the UK? - I know Lakeland do them, anywhere else?

Steve

Maximus- how dare you diss the under the grill method lol!

Know this is an old thread but just wanted to thank everyone. Had a perfect fried egg this morning for the first time in ages! Thank you

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    231.2 KB · Views: 91
Back