FUNCURLS FOOD DIARY, BLOG and CHIT CHAT!! New target set!!

Aww thanks chick, I'm sure you'll reap the rewards of your hard work tomorrow!! And very very exciting about your new red sofa!! Let me know asap tomorrow! I'm on a night shift again tomoz- just a one off one so will access MM via my mobile!! MM is banned in work, as are most fun websites!!! Yes night shifts are knackering, but unfortunately there's no set pattern to ours so often there isn't much time off between coming off and going back to days, for example I'm working tomorrow, thurs will be a sleep day and then I'm working again Friday daytime!! I'm kind of used to it though!! Good luck hunny!X

Ahh I see!! I do mostly long days and nights (both 7.30 til 8- am/pm!) It suits me to have more days off, and it's a 30 mile round trip for me to go to work so it's betta for fuel economy too!! Mind you I'm gallivanting quite a bit on my days off too so I don't save that much in diesel!!LOL!X

Week 29- Day 2 (Wed)- Extra Easy- Night shift 7.30pm-8am

Brekkie- 9am- 2 Weetabix (HEXb) with 200ml skimmed milk (4/7 HEXa) topped with a sliced banana.

Lunch- In Harvester restaurant- 3pm- Gammon steak (?2 syns), fried egg (1 syn), jacket potato and peas. Salad with red devil sauce (?1 syn) and my own XL salad cream 1 tbspn (1 syn).

Snack at home before work- 18.30- Some slices of mango.

Work snack- 10.30pm- 1 Spicy curry pot noodle in a mug (1.5 syns). Babybel light (1/3 HEXa). A few crisps (2 syns) ans 5 Maltesers (1.5 syns).

Work break- 12.30am- Mexican pork with spicy rice (from SW mag- previously cooked/frozen) (diced pork, spices, rice, kidney beans, veg). With veg cooked in Steam Quick bag. Activia fat free cherry yogurt- small 125g pot. An orange.

Total syns 10.

Last edited:
What hospital do you work in? I'm at UHW, not nursing tho. You really are angels.

Had a 1lb loss hunny.....and i'm not a happy girl :(
Oh well plod on and see what C thinks of my diaries.
Hope your well......oh on a good note my sofa is fab, so so happy with it. Fits into conservatory perfectly so 2 lounges now, hubbies watching Fulham in the lounge at mo while I chill out in here in pure luxury :)
Catch up soon
xx

Week 29- Day 3 (Thurs)- Red day- Day off.

In work- 4.30am- Slices of mango. A banana. 3 Babybel lights (HEXa).

At home- 9.30am before bed- Slice of SW quiche, made with ham, leek, yellow pepper, courgette.

Slept from 10am-1.30pm

2.30pm- Dorset cereals muesli 28g (HEXb) with sliced strawberries and fat free natural yogurt.

Snack- 7.30pm (in hairdressers 4.30-7pm) Kelloggs Fibre Plus milk choc bar (HEXb). A banana.

At home- A packet of fridge raiders vindaloo flavour (2.5 syns). A large slice of SW quiche (see this morning!) A few of dh's chips- (?3 syns). A WW lemon cheesecake fat free yogurt (0.5 syns).

Total syns 6

Last edited:
Week 29- Day 4 (Fri)- Red day- Working 1-8pm.

Brekkie-9.30am- 3 Asda reduced fat sausages (3 syns). 3 egg omlette with 28g cheddar (HEXa) Griddled cherry tomatoes.

12 noon- 28g Dorset Cereals muesli (HEXb) with sliced strawberries and Total 0% natural yogurt.

Snack in work- 2.30pm- 3 Babybel lights (HEXa) and a pear.

Supper break in work- 6.30pm- Salmon fillet with mixture of veg, herbs and teriyaki sauce (1.5 syns) steamed in Steam Quick bag. 28g Dorset Cereals muesli (HEXb) with sliced strawberries and Total 0% natural yogurt.

Went to pub for Karaoke- 8.30pm- 12.30am

At home- 1am- A banana. A 200g pack of Asda Mexican chilli & lime chicken breast pieces.

Total syns 4.5

Last edited:
I'm a pharmacy technician (don't shout) supporting all you nurses good work;). No shifts thank goodness. Hope you are OK after such a short sleep. I've only worked at this hosp, never visited Morriston.

I brougt some Dorset Museli today, saving it for the weekend when I can really enjoy it rather than rushing it before work lol
Hope your well hunny.....i spent a small fortune on clothes today....retail therapy is great to lift the spirits and it worked a treat. Ive sropped from a 26 to an 18 but was still beating myself up that I couldnt fit into my size 16's from last year. I went and got some really lovely stuff in 18's that will see me down to a 16 too so cost efective too lol....very happy bunny today.
Onwards and downwards
xx

Week 29- Day 5 (Sat)- Extra Easy- Day off!

Brunch- 11am- 2- egg omlette, 3 Asda 50% less fat sausages (3 syns), griddled cherry tomatoes and a small slice of Foccacia bread (?5 syns).

Afternoon snack- A small tin of Heinz curried baked beans (1 syn). A pear.

Dinner out in 'Rendezvous' restaurant Swansea- 3 prawn crackers- (?5 syns). King prawns in a spicy sauce (?8 syns) and boiled rice. Just drank diet coke and water!

At a house party afterwards- a few crisps (?2 syns).

At home- 12.30am- A thin sliver of foccacia bread (?3 syns). 2 Babybel lights and 2 Laughing Cow XL triangles (HEXa).

Total syns 27.

Last edited:
Restaurant sounds very posh!!
Hope you have a lovely meal hun. Tried my dorset museli last night on my fromage frais....was so nice but god you dont get much for 28g lol
xx

No you're quite right, you don't get much for 28g, but it is delish with yogurt and fruit!! The meal was lovely!! Rendezvous is quite a long-standing restaurant in Swansea! It's peculiar because it does a mixture of Chinese AND British/Meditteranean food- The decor is quite tired and it's in major need of a refit, but the food is excellent and good value so it's one of those places locals are quite fond of- but visitors would probably steer clear of!! So not actually posh at all!! Hope you're having a great weekend! I'm up in 5 hours time for a 12 hour shift in work! Why I'm still up is anyone's guess!!XXXX

Week 29- Day 6 (Sunday)- Green- Working 7.30am-8pm.

Brekkie- 6.30am- 3 egg omlette with herbs. A banana.

Work break-10.30am- Sliced strawberries with Total 0% yogurt and 28g Dorset Cereals muesli (HEXb). An orange. A WW raspberry tart yogurt (0.5 syns).

Lunch break- 2.30pm-1 Scanbran and 3 Finn Crisp Plus wholegrain (HEXb) with 6 Laughing Cow XL triangles (HEXa) and Marmite XO. A Creamy Cheese Mugshot (2 syns).

At home- 9pm- Sweet potato baked in microwave with a pot of Asda red pepper & sweet chilli cottage cheese (1 syn). An orange. A WW lemon yogurt.

Midnight snack- 3 Real Foods Corn Thins (3 syns) with 1.5 tbspns salad cream (1.5 syns).

Total syns 8

Last edited:
Week 29- Day 7 (Mon)- Extra Easy- Day off! Yay!

Had a very long lie in and skipped brekkie!!

Lunch- Teriyaki chilli salmon with veg cooked in Steam Quick bag in microwave- these bags are just amazing!!! (Salmon, asparagus, spring greens, cherry tomatoes, yellow pepper, red chilli, teriyaki sauce (1.5 syns) and chilli powder). Some strawberries.

Snack before WI- 1/4 chickpea dahl loaf (Asda chickpea dahl/eggs/savoury rice- yum!!). A Curly Wurly (6 syns).

After WI (9pm)- Nasi Goreng (recipe from www.slimmingeats.com- minced beef, onion, garlic, red chilli, green pepper, rice, curry powder, paprika, peas, tomato puree, stock, chopped omlette- 0.5 syns). A pear.

Total syns 8.

Total syns for week 69.5

Last edited:
Week 30- Day 1 (Tues)- Extra Easy- Working 7.30am-3pm

Brekkie- 06.30- 2 egg omlette with herbs and 2 Asda 50% less fat sausages (2 syns).

Work break-12.15pm- Teriyaki chilli salmon with veg cooked in Steam Quick bag- (1.5 syns for teriyaki sauce). WW pink grapefruit yogurt. A pear.

Snack- 3pm- Strawberries. A banana. 3 Babybel Light (HEXa).

Tea- 5.30pm- A bowl of Nasi Goreng (from www.slimmingeats.com- See yest). A Kelloggs Fibre Plus choc bar (HEXb). WW toffee yogurt.

9pm- A Sweet & Sour Mugshot. A slice of honey roast ham with 1 Laughing Cow XL triange (1 syn). A slice of chickpea dahl. Fresh pineapple chunks with some of dh's Greek yogurt with honey (full fat!! Less than 1/5 of the pot- call it 2 syns to be safe).

Total syns 6.5

Last edited:
Thanks guys!! I STS this week, which I was most disappointed with because I've been very good all week, stayed WELL within my syns and it's not even * week, which often does it!! Oh well, hopeful for a goodun next week, and as I'd tell anyone else, it isn't all about one week!!! Loops, I'm feeling relaxed! lol! Hope you are too!! Early shift tomorrow (7.30-3) and double shift Wed (7.30-8) then 14 days off!! Yay, I miscounted, so even better than I first thought!! LOL!XXX Ooh and yes I popped the salmon in with the veg- it literally took 3 minutes and PERFECTLY cooked salmon- I definitely recommend the bags- everything is cooked to perfection- I've never had such lovely asparagus!!X

Back