FUNCURLS FOOD DIARY, BLOG and CHIT CHAT!! New target set!!

. . . I don't drink and I make good choices with my main meals so I don't know why I find it so blinkin difficult!! X
Because it is blinkin difficult at times. No getting away from the fact!

You know you can do this Heather - your pudding (equivalent to my crisp) addiction just sneaks up occasionally and bites you on the bum! Which is exactly where the calories then go and hide.

Pommette said:
Because it is blinkin difficult at times. No getting away from the fact!

You know you can do this Heather - your pudding (equivalent to my crisp) addiction just sneaks up occasionally and bites you on the bum! Which is exactly where the calories then go and hide.

The fact is my eyes are bigger than my belly and I'm not good at stopping when I'm full! If food is offered to me my automatic answer is YES! And I'm also very brainwashed by s****y descriptions of things on menus! Ooh imagine my smugness next week if I come home from London and have been an angel!! X

funcurls said:
The fact is my eyes are bigger than my belly and I'm not good at stopping when I'm full! If food is offered to me my automatic answer is YES! And I'm also very brainwashed by fancy descriptions of things on menus! Ooh imagine my smugness next week if I come home from London and have been an angel!!x

aww,hun,sorry to hear about your gain,i find i can do this better if i never go out but that is just impossible cos we all have a life....it will be off in no time my sweet xxx

That is very true, so I think that because going out IS a big part of my life, I'm going to have to change my attitude when I DO go for meals or away to somewhere that takes me out of routine! I'm going to try it out in London- make it my little project!X

Week 93- Day 1 (Tues)- Extra Easy- Working night shift.

Breakfast- An orange.

Lunch- Bolognese (see Sunday- 1.5 syns- didn't have anything with it!)

Before work- 1/2 an SW quiche (eggs, cottage cheese, 2.5 Laughing Cow triangles- 1/2 HEXa, red onion, red pepper, red chilli, courgette, mushrooms) with oriental bean stirfried veg- I added a curry OXO cube to the stirfry just for a change- it was delicious!

Work food- Chocolate orange HIFI bar (HEXb). Pasta bolognese (see Sunday for bolognese- 1.5 syns- served with wholegrain fusilli). A toffee Mullerlight.

Semi-skimmed milk in coffees (part HEXa).

Total syns 3.

Last edited:
Week 93- Day 2 (Wed)- Extra Easy- Working night shift.

Early morning in work- Spicy Sweet n Sour Mugshot. 2 satsumas.

At home before bed- 1/2 SW quiche (see yest- 1/2 HEXa for the 2.5 LC lights).

After waking up/before work- 2 Chocolate Weetabix (HEXb1 + 2 syns) with sliced banana and 150ml skimmed milk (3/7 HEXa).

Work food- Luscious lemon HIFI bar (6 syns) 2 small cod fillets grilled with hot chilli explosion spices, served with Co-op stirfried veg. A strawberry Mullerlight. Strawberries and kiwi fruit salad.

A few chocolate coated raisins (max 4 syns) and a jumbo lemon jellybean (1 syn).

Skimmed milk in coffee (up to 2 syns).

Total syns 15.

Last edited:
Ellebear said:
good luck with London - xxx you can do it - its all about.....

FOCUS!!!

Love ya xxx

Thanks lovely! I'm planning to be really really good coz I can't afford to go in the wrong direction! It would be totally soul-destroying! X

. . . I think that because going out IS a big part of my life, I'm going to have to change my attitude when I DO go for meals or away to somewhere that takes me out of routine! I'm going to try it out in London- make it my little project!X
Eating out is often THE biggest challenge we face. If you chose the wrong restaurant (like I did in Cornwall earlier in the year) you can be totally stumped with having nothing on the menu that is on plan.

Even if you chose a restaurant where you can get SW friendly stuff it is SOOOO tempting to have a pud. Even for me and I don't do puds normally.

Your peoject of not eating them seems like a good way forward. Find a way of giving yourself a SW treat when you get home when you succeed.

i think cutting the puds out is a winner. Have a melon and ham starter instead, by the time you get to the pud you should be full anyways! xxx

Eating out is often THE biggest challenge we face. If you chose the wrong restaurant (like I did in Cornwall earlier in the year) you can be totally stumped with having nothing on the menu that is on plan.

Even if you chose a restaurant where you can get SW friendly stuff it is SOOOO tempting to have a pud. Even for me and I don't do puds normally.

Your peoject of not eating them seems like a good way forward. Find a way of giving yourself a SW treat when you get home when you succeed.

I will I will I will !!! Thanks for being in on my plan Bev!! I will think of you with a scornful look if I am even tempted! And my consultant Alicia told me to text her if I am wobbling!!!!X

HI

Just want to say - it is hard when dining out. :sigh:

If like me you break and have a pud you enjoy it then but afterwards you know its going to take a while to get rid of it..I now have a habit of getting up after the main course when the sweet menu arrives and ask hubby to ask for fresh fruit salad if possible.:) Then I don't get to read whats on offer...

FC -whats the Lemon lus HiFi bar like?

Good luck!

Kats
xx

HI

Just want to say - it is hard when dining out. :sigh:

If like me you break and have a pud you enjoy it then but afterwards you know its going to take a while to get rid of it..I now have a habit of getting up after the main course when the sweet menu arrives and ask hubby to ask for fresh fruit salad if possible.:) Then I don't get to read whats on offer...

FC -whats the Lemon lus HiFi bar like?

Good luck!

Kats
xx

Hi Kats,

Thanks for visiting me!! I'll pop the kettle on next time lol!! Yes I'm just a bit greedy and if it's offered to me I cave in at the last nanosecond when I have been INTENDING to say no right up until this nanosecond!!! But I'm going to prove to myself this weekend in London that this doesn't have to be the case!! I really love the lemon HIFI bar! It has white chocolate on it! Satisfies a sweet craving and while everyone else tucks into chocs and biccies at the nurses station I can feel all virtuous!!X

Week 93- Day 3 (Thurs)- Extra Easy- Sleep day/day off.

Early in work- Thai Mugshot (0.5 syns). 2 Granny Smith apples.

Before going to bed- a little bit of leftover bolognese/wholewheat fusilli pasta- dished some out for dh to take to work and ate the bit that didn't fit in the food container (negligable syns).

On waking up- 2 small grilled cod fillets with 'hot chilli explosion' spices. With SW chips (cooked with 1 tbspn xv olive oil- HEXb) and salad.

Later in evening after choir- snacked on some slow-cooked beef (? 2 syns for a little fat). Some cherries.

Total syns 2.5.

Last edited:
..I now have a habit of getting up after the main course when the sweet menu arrives and ask hubby to ask for fresh fruit salad if possible.:) Then I don't get to read whats on offer...
This is SUCH a good strategy. Why have I never thought of this?
Hevs, could be a good strategy for you roo!

Pommette said:
This is SUCH a good strategy. Why have I never thought of this?
Hevs, could be a good strategy for you roo!

Now I think that's a marvellous strategy!! I could leave the table and ask my friends this weekend to order a pot of tea for me! I was also thinking, it's London for crying out loud, I will have all the options in the world open to me! As long as I plan appropriately! X

Last edited:
Good luck staying on plan in London Hevs - you can do it, just ditch those pesky puds!

krupskaya said:
Good luck staying on plan in London Hevs - you can do it, just ditch those pesky puds!

Ooh Zoe what are you doing up so early (or late!) ? My excuse is I'm on night shift! Thanx hun x

Back