FUNCURLS FOOD DIARY, BLOG and CHIT CHAT!! New target set!!

Week 92- Day 3 (Thurs)- Extra Easy.

Breakfast- 3- egg smoked salmon omelette. A raspberry & cranberry Mullerlight.

Lunch- SW quiche (eggs, Asda red pepper & sweet chilli cottage cheese, Quorn spicy mini-bites, red pepper, red onion, thinly sliced tomato laid on top- 1 syn for portion). Salad and homemade coleslaw (1 syn).

Snack- Kelloggs dark choc/almond Fibre Plus bar (HEXb).

Cooked dh some beef curry (syn-free) and had a bit of this!

Tea- Haddock with parsley sauce, mashed potato, green beans and peas freshly podded by my good self! (3 syns for parsley sauce). Strawberries.

Total syns 5.

Last edited:
Week 92- Day 4 (Fri)- Extra Easy.

Breakfast- using things up so going to sound weird!! Remainder of SW quiche (see yest- 1 syn) with king prawns and home-made coleslaw (0.5 syns). Strawberries with v.f.f fromage frais and sweetener.

Went to Bristol to see Legally Blonde and stayed night in hotel.

On the way to Bristol got stuck in heavy traffic at Newport and did the silly thing of letting myself get hungry!! Stopped for petrol at services and ended up giving into a Krispy Kreme chocolate sprinkles doughtnut!! Looked at syns afterwards (nutritional info) 17 syns!!! Whoops!!

In Italian restaurant- Starter- Carpaccio of fish (tuna, squid and swordfish). Seafood spaghetti. So all going very well...until...dessert...Amaretto ice-cream sundae...whoopsy!! Prob about 25 syns!!!

Flexisyn day me thinks!!!

Last edited:
Week 92- Day 5 (Sat)- Extra Easy.

Breakfast- In hotel in Bristol- 1 sausage, 1 hash brown, scrambled egg, 2 fried eggs, baked beans, 1/2 slice of brown toast, brown sauce. Fresh pineapple, melon, grapefruit and orange.

Didn't have lunch.

Tea before Grease! Wagamama- Seafood ramen (very good choice synswise). Chilli squid (not great choice as fried- although no breadcrumbs, but really really yummy!) Slipped up a bit by having chocolate frozen yogurt (3 scoops) Claims to be low fat but probably very high in sugar/syns!

At home-midnight- got peckish as ate in Wagamama at 5.30pm! Leftover beef curry from Thurs (syn-free). No rice. A lemon HIFI bar.

Taking this as another flexisyn day!
I think I've blown it for WI Monday!!!!

Last edited:
Week 92- Day 6 (Sun)- Extra Easy- Working night shift 7.30pm-8am.

Long lie-in due to late night AND need to prepare for night shift.

On getting up (lunch- sort of!) Spicy Sweet n Sour Mugshot. A Choc Deluxe HIFI bar (HEXb). Strawberries.

Meringue nest (2.5 syns) with strawberries and v.f.f fromage frais with sweetener.

Before work- Spaghetti bolognese- (bolognese- fresh xl beef mince, onion, garlic, red pepper, courgette, mushrooms, carrots, 2 tins tomatoes, tomato puree, red wine, beef stock, 2 spag bol OXO cubes- 2 syns). Spaghetti. 28g cheddar on top (HEXa).

Work food- More spag bol with spaghetti. A banana & custard Mullerlight. 2 satsumas.

6 chocolates in work- eek!!! (?15 syns!!!)

Total syns 19.5.

I just know I've totally blown it this week!!!

Last edited:
Heather - your planning for the weekend staggers me. I can usually manage the day ahead - but 3 ??? I sort of plan the week when we go shopping but never quite know aht I'm going to have on any particular day until I get there. 10/10 for organisation chica.

Have a great weekend, enjoy the shows and your night in the hotel!

I'm back with a vengeance! Great to see that determination still pumping inside of you :) Missed you! Txt me your number as I got a new phone and lost yours.

I'm back with a vengeance! Great to see that determination still pumping inside of you :) Missed you! Txt me your number as I got a new phone and lost yours.

Hey Meli hun!!! Missed you too and sooo glad you're back!! Hope the job is going well! Have you rejoined a group? What is your action plan? Yup I'm still here treading water but really determined to shift this last half stone!! Everytime I get close something comes up and does enough damage to send me in the wrong direction again!! But I keep bouncing back and will NOT give up!!! I'll PM you my number now! Then can you text me coz I'm in the same boat! Changed my phone in NY and hadn't saved yours to SIM!!X

Heather - your planning for the weekend staggers me. I can usually manage the day ahead - but 3 ??? I sort of plan the week when we go shopping but never quite know aht I'm going to have on any particular day until I get there. 10/10 for organisation chica.

Have a great weekend, enjoy the shows and your night in the hotel!

Ha! If you look closer you will see that the content of the diaries for each of the 3 days is very sparse!! I was the vaguest vague could be lol!! My thinking is that if I have a template down in writing, I will HAVE to stick to plan because I will HAVE to complete each days' diary when I get back! Whereas if I hadn't typed anything at all for the weekend I could easily just say 'to hell with it', blow it over the weekend and start afresh after WI Monday!! There's method in the madness! It's all up there (*points to head*)!X

Week 92- Day 7 (Mon)- Extra Easy.

Early in work- Tomato & herb Mugshot. 2 satsumas. A Granny Smith apple.

On waking up after sleep- 2 Weetabix (HEXb) with 150ml skimmed milk (2.5 syns).

After WI-(in class) Lushious lemon HIFI bar (6 syns- I let myself get hungry grrww!)

In pub- Taverner's Chicken- Chicken breast with melted cheese (approx HEXa), BBQ sauce (?4 syns), jacket potato (no butter), peas and free salad. No pudding..yaaayyy!!

Total syns 12.5.

Last edited:
Good luck for weigh in hun! Did you enjoy Legally Blonde? Bet it was fab :) xx

Hi Heather !!!!

Boy are you doing well.

At last I have got my act into gear and started a diary ( again )

hugs xxx

Hi Heather !!!!

Boy are you doing well.

At last I have got my act into gear and started a diary ( again )

hugs xxx

Hey Sue, thanks for popping by!! Ahem, well I'm not doing that well actually!! I've been more or less maintaining overall since Christmas! Lots of ups and downs and just CAN'T get into the 10 stone range or past 6/7lb to go til target!! This week is yet another of those weeks when I've been nudged in the wrong direction (as if I was pushed against my will haha!!) Now 9.5lb to go again!!! But I am like a dog with a bone!! I WILL get there!!! Hope you're well and well done for getting back into the food diary habit! It definitely helps me to stay focused and aware of what I'm shovelling down the trap!!!X

Doing so well Heather - keep it up and that last half stone will be gone in no time.

Thanks so much for your words on my diary the other day. Mwah X

No probs chick! You're doing so great, and I totally know how it feels to be a bit disillusioned by it all!! Tonight is one of those times for me and it's all down to my blinkin weak will at the last minute when puddings and sweet things are dangled infront of me!! I MUST stop this as it's what's preventing me from getting to Target!!X

Hi you guys, so I GAINED 2.5 lbs this week! As previously mentioned, this was expected as a result of several indulgences over the weekend, combined with looming *week and having just worked a night shift which is always condusive to fluid retention! A weekend in London awaits me starting on the Swansea to Paddington train Friday morning and finishing on the Paddington to Swansea train Sunday evening! I would LOVE a loss next week so if this is going to happen I really need to think about my approach when I'm away and not in a routine!! I need to be strict with myself by not snacking on rubbish between meals and not being so weak when it comes to desserts in restaurants! If I can do this I will be onto a winner!!! I don't drink and I make good choices with my main meals so I don't know why I find it so blinkin difficult!! X

Back