FUNCURLS FOOD DIARY, BLOG and CHIT CHAT!! New target set!!

I'm still here Daaahhhling!!!

Just don't get on quite so much these days (lots of reasons.....) but I love your diary so I'm not going anywhere.

I've been a bit hit and miss with the challenge too but I'm well back on it and looking forward to a new one. I have 8lb to get back to my target and I want to do this by Christmas so we're pretty much on the same goal aren't we!!!

Have a lovely SW day xxxx

Aww thanks luvvy! I appreciate the visits !! Reading my rant below you'll discover that I'm not finding this maintenence business easy!! I like to think it's just teething problems!! I'm looking forward to refocusing and getting back to Target then working towards my new target (7lb below original one)! Hmmmmm, isn't life tricky sometimes lol!!XXX

Maintaining really is the hardest bit as most of us on here know.Most of us have been there and then slipped back again.

I am not going to say don't beat yourself up because you are doing and you will do. but I am going to say whilst you are kicking:whoopass: and hating what you are doing go get that omelet pan out quick and start on damage limitation.

Apparently a shocking 84% of all dieters who lose weight put it back on again.....I was in danger of becoming one of them but because I have had the example of people like you, Dawn, Bev, Sarah, Gail, Jay, M Le M etc, so many really inspirational ladies, to many to name them all here,I back am on track and reaching for the omelet pan .

Double hugs,

:bighug::bighug:

Maintenance is the hardest part of "losing" weight. It's so easy to slip back into the old ways - you can push it, a bit of this, oh it's okay, a bit more of that, hmm still okay, a pound on, two, three, out of target, sod it, half a stone over.......

You get the drift!!

I'm still batttling to get back to the big T for Christmas and I will do it. This time though I'm not going to push it when I get there. I maintained so well for a couple of years but the last year has been a bit pants - however, I haven't put 3 stone back on, but I know it easily could do.

Anyway, this is your thread so I'll shut up now - just wanted to agree with you, maintenance is TOUGH!!!!

Thanks Sue and Jay my lovely pals! Wow it makes such a difference having friends here I can instantly chat to who know EXACTLY where I'm coming from! I can talk to Dai (hubby) but he doesn't understand the issues, even though he has lots of weight to lose himself but is nowhere near ready to go down the weight loss path- he doesn't admit he has a problem with it (but I know he does really) But that's a separate issue in itself! My best friend is also very overweight and also not ready in her head to face the path (having other personal battles taking priority at the moment), so I don't like to talk to her too much about my own battles as although she's very supportive and proud of me I know she finds the topic a hard one to face! Most of my other pals are naturally slim and don't REALLY get the compulsive eating thing and are of the 'eat less, exercise more' club and honestly think it's that black and white (which of course it should be!) Of my friends and colleagues who do have food compulsion, many of them are of the fad dieting club, and there are several others on sensible plans like SW and WW so its lovely to chat to them about issues, but I find you guys here at MMs 'instant therapy'! Just by offloading in writing and reading comments and advice from you guys I often feel a big weight (scuse the pun) lifted and ready to dust myself down and crack on with it again! I took the plunge and weighed myself this morning! I'm still in the 10s by the skin of my teeth and 1lb up from Mon which is better than I thought as I'd expected mayb 3 or 4 lbs of bloat from what I've binged on! It now feels more managable and I'm ready to be sensible again! Thanks girls! XxX

Last edited:
jaylou said:
I'm still batttling to get back to the big T for Christmas and I will do it. This time though I'm not going to push it when I get there. I maintained so well for a couple of years but the last year has been a bit pants - however, I haven't put 3 stone back on, but I know it easily could do

Well Jay, you know what, I think the fact that you're still here, keeping an eye on it and determined to do it means that you will! The last year may have been a battle but you have a plan, and it will work because you're going to make it! I think its those who shy away from it and try and convince themselves they don't care anymore, or at least give up on it, that do the real damage! Whilst your here and still working at it you'll by default minimise the damage and with real determination get back to target! Keep it real! X

I've heard so many times that maintaining is harder than losing the weight! It is a very scary prospect for you being there and for those of us aiming for it.
I do think our "issues" with food are still there no matter what our weight is and being at goal doesn't make it any easier, in some ways I think theres more pressure to maintain and all eyes are on you now to see if you slip.....not that you will - I have my total and utter confidence in you.
Your journey has been full of ups and downs hunny and I don't doubt that maintenance will be the same. Be kind on yourself, this is yet another learning curve of your new self.
You are such a strong woman and have such wonderful friends, family and hubbie but yes can totally understand why having this forum to outlet with like minded friends is so important. My hubbie who is on my plan with me will listen but does look at me like I'm demented when I babble on. All he wants to discuss is what he can have for dinner tomorrow....he doesn't obsess like I do ( like most of us do!! )

Big hugs and rant away whenever needed
xx

Good to see you back poppet!! All i can say is what's done is done, you cant take back the binge and in all honesty i think we do it because we feel we deserve to after all our hard work for years to get to where we are! The problem is that getting there is the hard part, staying there is a battle!

Most of us get to target and say 'well now i need to increase HEXs or syns to stay at target' for me i know that it takes a nearly 100% week to get a loss so i should really just continue as usual with plan rather than treating myself!!

You can do this, we are all behind you.

Most importantly your friend is crazy, you cannot stay in target range and never fall out of it!! Dont beat yourself up! I came out of target the first week too, just dont be like me and not get back into it!!

xxxx

Good to see you back poppet!! All i can say is what's done is done, you cant take back the binge and in all honesty i think we do it because we feel we deserve to after all our hard work for years to get to where we are! The problem is that getting there is the hard part, staying there is a battle!

Most of us get to target and say 'well now i need to increase HEXs or syns to stay at target' for me i know that it takes a nearly 100% week to get a loss so i should really just continue as usual with plan rather than treating myself!!

You can do this, we are all behind you.

Most importantly your friend is crazy, you cannot stay in target range and never fall out of it!! Dont beat yourself up! I came out of target the first week too, just dont be like me and not get back into it!!

xxxx

Thanks Schnukms!! It means a lot!! Especially from someone who's been there and learnt the hard way!! :wave_cry: I agree about the upping HEXas and bs thing!! I think I'll just carry on as I was before T, trying my best to be on track where possible and the meals out/things coming up will prob be the things that keep me maintaining rather than losing, the way things were for me since Christmas! I was maintaining when I was still 7/8lb from Target! Then I had a real push to get to Target! And I'm sure I'll just have to have such 'pushes' from time to time when things have crept up a little!! The 6lb target range is a good thing though!! I think it's fairly generous really!! But I won't speak too soon as I have to actually get back into range first lol!!:8855: Hope all goes OK with texting ya bruv's Dad!!XXX

Oops Hevs - it sounds like a grotty few days. BUT you do know how to get back on track - you've been doing this losing weight lark for long enough.

You can do this chica. You know you can so :bighug:and get back to your omellete's and nandos xx hot sauce. The actual gain ain't too bad so you should be able to get it, and a bit more, off easy peasy.

BUT

Everyone's being far too nice - so here's a big :asskick:. . . . :8855:

Just a thought on the subject of maintenance..................

Most of us on here have had a long struggle with weight issues but have decided to try and change our eating habits for life. Difficult, very difficult.

We condition ourselves into thinking that healthy eating i.e.. S.W. is going to put all that right and it is , for so many it has.

What I see on here with regularity is people who are starting again after regaining some of the weight they have lost and being very upset with themselves.

It is not that any one of us has been eating gluttonously. We have probably been eating in a way that is considered *normal* for a great percentage of people who have a different molecular makeup to us, if that is the correct explanation of our tendency to gain weight.

I think we are very hard on ourselves and from this minute on I am not going to beat myself up anymore if I gain a pound because I have been of plan in the most minor way. I am just going to accept that is the way it is for me and still aim to get to target, perhaps without the shock and the disappointment of seeing a gain every now and again.

Heather, I have posted my thoughts here because I think that like so many of us you are far to hard on yourself. You have reached an enormous achievement and I want to say Well Done guapa.

The important thing is to keep everything in check and not allow the pounds to run away and pile the weight on.

You are doing it exactly the right way. You have gained a little, so what, enjoy your naughty moments but as you have done keep a careful check and put it right. We are what we are friends,
big, big hugs:bighug:xxxxx

Hi Heather,

I agree with Sue. I think you are a bit hard on yourself sometimes. You have done brilliantly to get to target. Now is the hard bit. Now it would be lovely to think that we will all stay within target every single week - I know it's possible because I've seen people do it. However I'm not sure if/when I get to target that I will be one of those. I intend to maintain but whether I will always be in target range remains to be seen as I find it quite easy to swing 4-5 lbs without batting an eyelid. We all have our moments but what minis is great for as you said, is being able to discuss that with people who understand because we feel the same. So, put it behind you - it's one of those things. The fact that you are at target won't take that away however I am in no doubt that you can do this.

Big hugs.

Gail xxx

Bev, Sue and Gail thanks so much for your advice and kind words (oh, and the kick up the bum Bev lol!!) You are all so wise and of course right!! This is indeed going to be a life-long thing I need to keep on top of (as do we all!) I am so in love with the SW way of life and I believe I'll NEVER go back to 'full-time' bad habits, but I think I'll just have to let them in occasionally and then make sure I pull things back again!! You're right, I do take things a bit too seriously sometimes but hopefully learning to get the balance, which I think is all part of the journey/learning curve of it all!!

Well I have the folks up from Devon at the moment and the scales are showing a gain, and that I'm out of target range again! Knowing I'm not weighing tonight really has thrown me, but the good news is that I'm feeling enthusiastic about having a 100 % week and hopefully losing enough by next Mon's official WI to get back into target range- I'd be happy with that!

Hope you're all having a good week! I'll be recommencing my food diary from tomorrow morning!! See y'all!!XXX

Hey hun,

Hope you enjoyed ur weekend, i too need to get into a 100% week this wk so i think checking in on each other is required for extra support!!

I have no doubt that u'll do it and be back in range for your next WI!!

xxx

Hey hun,

Hope you enjoyed ur weekend, i too need to get into a 100% week this wk so i think checking in on each other is required for extra support!!

I have no doubt that u'll do it and be back in range for your next WI!!

xxx

Hi hunnybunz!! Thanks!! I'm just terrible at staying on track when I'm missing an official WI and when out of routine- off work AND having visitors..well I'm only human (just about :8855:)!!

Right then, you, me and a 100% week!! We MUST do this!! And will do!!XXXX

I think you need to relax, but then perhaps throw in some very good 100% days to keep you 'restricted' again....i am sure you will get the balance right babe - its going to take some practise though :D

I am hoping when i get to target you are going to be the all knowledge woman and i can get my tips from you - hehe!

I guess it will be a little like a see-saw - some naughty+ extra good = maintaining!

Keep going chickky xxx

Morning Hevs

You are definitely too hard on yourself at times.
So just enjoy today and Dai's birthday and get back to it tomorrow!

Hi hunnybunz!! Thanks!! I'm just terrible at staying on track when I'm missing an official WI and when out of routine- off work AND having visitors..well I'm only human (just about :8855:)!!

Right then, you, me and a 100% week!! We MUST do this!! And will do!!XXXX

AGREED!! x

Good luck with your 100% week Hev and Pesty !!!!!

Might join you tomorrow..........ahhhhhh don't ask about today :8855:

fillymum said:
Good luck with your 100% week Hev and Pesty !!!!!

Might join you tomorrow..........ahhhhhh don't ask about today :8855:

Thanks Susano!! Yes yes yes, come and join us in our 100% week!! We'll have a blast (and lots of veg...which in turn could give us a bum blast Hehee!) I have some work to do, but I'm feelin poz! X

Back