FUNCURLS FOOD DIARY, BLOG and CHIT CHAT!! New target set!!

I love how a sausage can just fall into your mouth - the same thing seems to happen to me with cheese whilst making my daughters packed lunch!!!

Week 3- Day 4 (Fri)- Extra Easy.

Breakfast- 28g pomegranate & raspberry wheats (HEXb) with sliced banana and 100ml skimmed milk (2/7 HEXa).

Lunch- Kiln roasted salmon fillet with savoury rice, peas and green beans. 5 baby clementines.

Tea- Homemade syn free veg soup (onion, potatoes, parsnips, swede, carrots, red pepper, yellow pepper, cabbage, leek, mushrooms, red chilli, tomatoes, cumin, rosemary, sage, bayleaves). A small, thin slice of toast with minimal butter (6 syns).

2 chunks M&S dark choc Mountain Bar (4 syns).

Milk in cups of tea (<1/2 HEXa).

Total syns 10.

Last edited:
Total syns- 12.5 or 17.5 if I was totally honest about sausage-gate!! (But I'm still convinced that draining the fat would massively reduce syns of a normal sausage!!)
:8855: :8855: :8855:
You know there is still fat in the sausage you naughty girl you.

:sigh:
:8855: :8855: :8855:
You know there is still fat in the sausage you naughty girl you.

Yes I know I know!! But I stand strong in the belief that it would reduce the syns if (a lot) of fat was drained from them! Because if I were to drink the fat that drained from them straight from the grill-pan (yuck yuck yuck!!) that would add up to quite a few syns!!! So I absolutely refuse to believe that they would keep their full syn value, so where 2 should have been 10 syns I called them 5 syns!! Rant over!! Endov!! If I don't lose on Monday THEN and only then will I blame the sausages lmao!!X

Last edited:
Week 3- Day 5 (Sat)- Extra Easy.

Breakfast- 28g porridge (HEXb) with strawberries and raspberries. 150ml skimmed milk (3/7 HEXa).

Lunch- Vegetable soup (see yesterday- contains 12 veg) with small slice of granary bread with butter (6 syns).

Afternoon snack- Some cottage cheese. A Gala apple. A small pot forest fruits Activia fat free yogurt.

Tea- Roast beef with Actifried rosemary & chilli roast potatoes (using Frylight), broccoli, carrots and Brussels Sprouts. Very small amount gravy (1 syn). A little white bread (approx 1/2 slice- 3 syns).

Total syns 10.

Last edited:
Week 3- Day 6 (Sun)- Extra Easy.

Breakfast- 2 Weetabix (HEXb) with sliced banana and 150 ml skimmed milk (3/7 HEXa).

Lunch- Roast chicken with mashed potato, Actifried roast parsnips (approx 3 syns for olive oil) corn-on-the-cob, peas, Brussels sprouts, cabbage, carrots, little gravy (1 syn). Blueberry Activia fat free yogurt (small pot). A little white bread (approx 1/2 slice- 3 syns).

Tea- Didn't have tea as late lunch and ate too much!!! Just a couple of leftover roast parsnips. Snacks- A ginger nut biscuit (2 syns) and a Thorntons cupcake chocolate (4 syns).

Total syns 13.

Week 3- Day 7 (Mon)- Extra Easy.

Breakfast- 28g fruit & nut porridge (HEXb) with 50ml semi-skimmed milk (1/5 HEXa) and water. Raspberries and 2 kiwi fruit. 1/2 slice bread with minimal low fat spread (3.5 syns).

Lunch- Spicy pumpkin soup (onion, garlic, pumpkin, potato, red chilli, root ginger, ground cumin, coriander, garam masala and paprika). 1 slice of white bread with lf spread (7 syns- ouch!!! What is it with me and bread at the moment?!!!) A strawberry Activia fat free yogurt- small pot.

Snack before WI-

Food after WI-

Oops!! All went a bit haywire today after ham, egg and chips in the pub after WI then 2 choccie bars!!
Celebrating my 2.5lb loss a bit too much!!

New week tomorrow!!

Last edited:
I'm back :) missed you all too much!!!

Truth is although hubbie and I like Dukan it doesn't fit in well with my son, because of work demands etc cooking 2 meals, lunches and brekkie was so full on that son ended up with too many convenience foods etc .... Not a happy mummy doing that.
So after chat with Paul hd has finally seen the light that actually SW red days are very similar to Dukan but with less rigid rules and more veg.... Matt can follow too so all us good.

We're on Hols sat for 10 days to Norfolk- Matt is 15 next tues !!! So plan is follow SW with a few flexi days thrown in next week. When we get home 100% on track :)

Will be so good to be back in the fold, missed you and your support/encouragement more than I thought I would.

Hope you ok and thanks so much for messaging me, really did help xxx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

I'm back :) missed you all too much!!!

Truth is although hubbie and I like Dukan it doesn't fit in well with my son, because of work demands etc cooking 2 meals, lunches and brekkie was so full on that son ended up with too many convenience foods etc .... Not a happy mummy doing that.
So after chat with Paul hd has finally seen the light that actually SW red days are very similar to Dukan but with less rigid rules and more veg.... Matt can follow too so all us good.

We're on Hols sat for 10 days to Norfolk- Matt is 15 next tues !!! So plan is follow SW with a few flexi days thrown in next week. When we get home 100% on track :)

Will be so good to be back in the fold, missed you and your support/encouragement more than I thought I would.

Hope you ok and thanks so much for messaging me, really did help xxx

Weyheeyyy!! How lovely to see you back here!! I knew you'd see sense!! Hehe only teasin'! You know what a SW junkie I am- I'm bound to be biased!! You've done brilliantly on Dukan- my M-I-L has lost 1 1/2 stone on it and loves it! But as you say, it has to be practical and workable around your lifestyle which perhaps Dukan wasn't entirely! I'm sure you'll do great on SW red days! Have a wonderful time in Norfolk- you have a pretty good track record when it comes to good choices on your caravan holidays, so I'm sure you'll work it around the plan!

Happy bunny tonight as lost 2 1/2 lb!! Yaayy!! Back within target range, but 2lb above actual target of 10st 10lb I got to a few weeks ago! I aim to get back there next week, but my ham, egg and chips in the pub after WI followed by a chunky Caramel Kitkat AND Cadburys Fruit & Nut bar may have put pay to that!! LOL!XXX

Your so right :) lol
Well done on your fab loss, Choc what's that?? Mmmm maybe my holiday will remind me lol
Not sure were playing to be as healthy as usual but perhaps allowing ourselves a few meals out which we don't normally do will actually do us the power of good :)
Yes agree Dukan is a great plan of both of us lost over a stone ( gained after leaving ww :( ) but not easy to live life with.
Right off to work now yawn hehe xx

Just popped into say Good Morning Hev !!! before I make my breakfast omelet.

Doing green so might just stir some baked beans into the egg.

Have a good day and many congratulations on losing 2 and a half pounds........................:D

Just popped into say Good Morning Hev !!! before I make my breakfast omelet.

Doing green so might just stir some baked beans into the egg.

Have a good day and many congratulations on losing 2 and a half pounds........................:D

Hey thanks Sue!! I was muchas chuftas last night but going to be really quite strict with myself this week! So there!!:cool:

How was the omelette? Did you go for the baked bean twist? I had one this morning as it happens- first in about a week I'm ashamed to admit (they're a huge part of my routine for working days as offer such substanance but I've been on annual leave!) This morning's was chicken, cherry tomato, red chilli and cheese! Yuuumm!! X

Week 4- Day 1 (Tues)- Extra Easy.

Breakfast- 3 egg omelette with chicken, cherry tomato, red chilli and 14g grated cheddar (1/2 HEXa). An apple.

Lunch- Spicy pumpkin soup (see yest) with a slice of wholemeal bread (HEXb). A half corn on the cob. A plum. Fat free Greek yogurt with a swirl of honey (1 syn)

A tomato/roast veg couscous Mugshot (1.5 syns).

2 bowls of lamb and veg stew (shoulder of lamb, slowcooked, onion, leeks, mushrooms, potatoes, swede, carrots, red pepper, red chillis, veg stock).

A little semi-skimmed milk in tea (<half HEXa).

Snack - 4 chunks M&S dark chocolate Mountain Bar (8syns).

Total syns 10:5

Last edited:
Your so right :) lol
Well done on your fab loss, Choc what's that?? Mmmm maybe my holiday will remind me lol
Not sure were playing to be as healthy as usual but perhaps allowing ourselves a few meals out which we don't normally do will actually do us the power of good :)
Yes agree Dukan is a great plan of both of us lost over a stone ( gained after leaving ww :( ) but not easy to live life with.
Right off to work now yawn hehe xx

Well as long as you enjoy your hols and are ready to attack any gain when you get home, that's all that matters!!XXX

Hey thanks Sue!! I was muchas chuftas last night but going to be really quite strict with myself this week! So there!!:cool:

How was the omelette? Did you go for the baked bean twist? I had one this morning as it happens- first in about a week I'm ashamed to admit (they're a huge part of my routine for working days as offer such substanance but I've been on annual leave!) This morning's was chicken, cherry tomato, red chilli and cheese! Yuuumm!! X

Love your fluent Spanish Hev !!!:8855:

The omelet was delish, I did go for the baked bean one.

Your omelet sounds brilliant. I love them they keep me going without snacking from breakfast to lunch.

GG you could put a link in your signature for your blog- that way it would be dead simple for people to find it!! Have you not worked out the ticker thing yet?X

I wish everyone would put a link to their food diary it would make it so much easier to keep in touch.

Love your fluent Spanish Hev !!!:8855:

The omelet was delish, I did go for the baked bean one.

Your omelet sounds brilliant. I love them they keep me going without snacking from breakfast to lunch.

I wish everyone would put a link to their food diary it would make it so much easier to keep in touch.

I know, and what I also love about them is that they're so versatile and you can chuck just about anything in them and it works!! (Well practically anything lmao!! haven't tried peanut butter and jam yet lol!!) X

Back