FUNCURLS FOOD DIARY, BLOG and CHIT CHAT!! New target set!!

Thanks girlies!! Yes Pest I lurrve a sarnie and homemade ones are so much nicer, and we can control what's going into them!! If only we were allowed 2 nice proper slices of bread as a HEXb on EE, but it's not meant to be!! Bev my omelettes have been shovelled in throughout, but it's very lovely to see them in writing isn't it lol!! Thanks Kally- good to have food diary supporters hehee!! As it often does, my diary today deviated slightly from the plan, but only because of the added swede and I had tagliatelle instead of noodles!! "SWEDE WITH TAGLIATELLE" I hear you cry in horror!!! "SWEDE WITH SALMON"- that doesn't really go either!! Well this is the problem when making your food so public- people can get an insight into your freakish behaviour!! It was delicious though, and it wasn't all mixed together if that's what you were thinkin...?!! XXXX

Thurs 5th April 2012

Working a long day 7.30am-8pm

Early breakfast-
3 egg omelette with baby plum tomatoes, courgette, mushrooms, red pepper and 1 tbspn 'Screamin' Wing Sauce' (1 syn- It's hot hot hot but I love it!!)

Work break 1-
A roast chicken Mugshot (0.5 syns), a banana, a Total 0% yogurt topped with 28g Jordan's muesli (HEXb).

Work break 2 - Steamed salmon fillet (with Caribbean spices) with tagliatelle, served with broccoli, carrots, peas and mashed swede (0.5 syns for Clover) (This is basically the same as last night's dinner!)

At home 10pm- 2 thin slices of ham and a small punnet of Tesco ready chopped fruit (apple, pineapple, grapes and kiwi fruit)- bought at Tesco Express on way home from work, reduced to 12p!!!! Woww!!

Semi-skimmed milk in tea & coffee (HEXa) Probably less than HEXa if I'm honest!

Total syns 2. As predicted I didn't get my three breaks!! But it worked out well as I spaced my meals out nicely- 6.30am, 1pm, 6.30pm and snack at 10pm!

Last edited:
I don't know Hev
I'd have swede with anything and everything me along with the humble cauli its one of my favourite veg

Mashed swede and carrot is on of my faves! In fact had it tonight in place of spuds on top of my beef stew!

woop Hev im glad to see your diary back, but its very big font!!! :) hehe! i might make mine stand out a bit from tomorrow when i start back on the wagon again! I have got to try and empty the freezer slightly before we move house, so i am not going to the shop apart from essential (milk and diet coke!)

Anyhoo - keep up the good work babe xxx

Thanks Ellebear, Pests, Kally & Bevvers!! Swede is definitely a hot fave in our household!! I thoroughly enjoyed my tea in work this evening and because I was full I wasn't even tempted to eat any of the hot cross buns, scones or chocolates!! RESULT!!!

So EB, the house move..it's hapnin'!!! I will delve deeper into your diary to find out more on the subject!! I know, the font is big on my food diary but it's good to stand out in a crowd, and adding a colour makes it a bit more fun!!!

OMG got home tonight and Dai has made one of his vats of stew- lamb stew- it's huuuuuge!!! I know we'll spend all weekend eating it and then I'll do the usual freezing routine! The thing is he gets fed up eating the same thing for days yet he will make such a large pot of it!! I'm not kidding it would literally serve over 20 people!!! Be warned, my food diary is going to look very unimaginative for the next few days!! But it is good stuff, contains every veg on the planet, and he insists he removed as much fat as possible!! XXX

Last edited:
lol to the vat of lamb stew

Hope you have a really nice
long weekend Hev
Happy Good Friday to you x

Thanks Kals!! Have a wonderful time yourself and I hope you take time to sit down with your family and chat about your Mum lots and share lots of lovely memories!!

I'll try my best to have a good time- I'm having a nice relaxing 'do nothing much' day today with dh but I'm on nights tomorrow and Sunday so not quite so fun but gotta do my fair share innit!! I'm trying to wangle the entire beginning of June Bank Hol weekend off so thought it was wise to put myself up for the Easter weekend to pull that one off!!XXX

Fri 6th April 2012 (Good Friday)- Day off- yaayy!

Breakfast-
3- egg omelette with chicken, red onion and Caribbean curry spice mix. A banana (can you tell I'm still in Caribbean mode?!!)

Lunch- Bowl of leftover veg (mashed swede, carrots, broccoli & peas- 1 syn for Clover in swede) with some tagliatelle. A black cherry WW yogurt. An apple.

Tea- Dai's lamb stew (made with shoulder of lamb and all the veg under the sun- I'm estimating 2 syns just incase of any fat on/from the lamb). 2 slices of wholemeal bread (HEXb + 6 syns). Clover on bread (2 syns). 28g Double Gloucester cheese (HEXa).

Snack- 1/2 a packet of Quavers (2.5 syns).

Milk in 2 cups of coffee (1 syn).

Total syns 14.5.

Last edited:
Dai's lamb stew sounds delish. I could help you finish it off if you want to post some to me here.
Err - perhaps not on second thoughts, the envelope would get soggy!

Have a good Easter even if you do have to work. Say thanks to all the other medical staff for looking after folk and being away from their families.

Pommette said:
Dai's lamb stew sounds delish. I could help you finish it off if you want to post some to me here.
Err - perhaps not on second thoughts, the envelope would get soggy!

Have a good Easter even if you do have to work. Say thanks to all the other medical staff for looking after folk and being away from their families.

I would if I could Bev, believe me! Good job I've got plenty of those plastic takeaway containers so I can freeze a load! Hehe! Have a fab weekend with Pommers! Hope it's a relaxing one! X

Have a fab weekend with Pommers! Hope it's a relaxing one! X
Yet another AGM to attend on Monday. This one is worrying me as I'm the auditor and I have to stand up and tell our owners that the ex-President has spent €50k on plants and the gardens still look a mess. Plus try and explain why we sacked our last administrators for alleged fraud but aren't going sue them.

However, we do have 2 more enjoyable nights/meals out planned but that's a bit of a booger as the scales are currently showing 1½ lbs gain since Monday. :eek:

Pommers currently putting 1st coat on newly plastered dining room wall whilst I am lazing in the sun. How good is that!

funcurls said:
Thanks Kals!! Have a wonderful time yourself and I hope you take time to sit down with your family and chat about your Mum lots and share lots of lovely memories!!

I'll try my best to have a good time- I'm having a nice relaxing 'do nothing much' day today with dh but I'm on nights tomorrow and Sunday so not quite so fun but gotta do my fair share innit!! I'm trying to wangle the entire beginning of June Bank Hol weekend off so thought it was wise to put myself up for the Easter weekend to pull that one off!!XXX

I shall Hev
as spending it with my dad and A&J down in Brighton hopefully it'll keep nice and I can do some sunbathing with the sheep...
Its unusual for me to be off over BH it don't happen often...

Hopefully your shifts won't be too stressful and good luck for wangling the June one off
We airport drivers aren't allowed to take any holidays during the Olympics pah!! I tried because I know its going to be murder here at the airport during

Sat 7th April 2012- Working night shift 7.30pm-8am.

Breakfast-
3-egg omelette with chicken, red onion & mushrooms.

Lunch- 28g porridge (HEXb) with 50ml semi-skimmed milk (1/5 HEXa) and water with a sprinkle of Whites wild fruit crunch toasted oats on top (2 syns).

Tea before work- Caribbean prawn salad- (prawns with xl mayo- 0.5 syns and Caribbean curry spice mix, mixed leaves, onion, red pepper, cucumber, cherry tomatoes, balsamic vinegar). A banana.

Work food- Bowl of Dai's lamb stew (est 2 syns). A cherry Mullerlight. 2 oranges.

Slight weakening of the willpower.....ate one of my colleague's Cadbury chocolate cornflake nests topped with 3 Mini-eggs- 8 syns!! But I could afford it so there!!!:p

Milk in cups of coffee/tea (HEXa).

Total syns 12.5.

Last edited:
Morning Hev

Happy Easter Hev
and I hope work is kind to you and there's not to much chocolate hanging around x

Stay away from the chocolate in work-look what it did to me last week! Its the spawn of the devil himself!

Thanks girlies- I'm feeling strong today, and confident that I can steer clear of the evil little blighters!!!XXX

Back