FUNCURLS FOOD DIARY, BLOG and CHIT CHAT!! New target set!!

Hello lovely! Found your diary today and started to have a read! You've done so well - puts me to shame! I've started my own diary, so take a peek when you get the chance - all comments welcome! xxx

Thanks you guys, I've written to you individually!! Thanks for the support, and I'm always here for you too!!XXX

Week 21- Day 4 (Fri)- Extra Easy

Breakfast 9.30am- 2 egg omlette with thyme and 1 1/2 Joe's syn free pork & chilli burgers (lip- smackingly good!! I'm so kind I gave the other 1 1/2 to my dh! Am I mad?!!) A pink grapefruit.

Lunch- 2pm-Baked sweet potato with cottage cheese mixed with chopped spring onion, cherry tomatoes and green pepper. Little sweet chilli sauce (0.5 syns).

In the cinema- 4.30pm- A banana and a toffee & pecan HIFI bar (HEXb).

Late supper- 9.30pm (went to pub after cinema- good job I cooked everything this afternoon!) Starter- Melanzane alla parmigiana (aubergine/mozzarella bake from page 48 March/April SW mag). Contains tinned tomatoes, garlic, cinnamon, oregano, chilli flakes, fresh basil, aubergines and mozzarella (42g per serving= HEXa). Main- Rich beef lasagne (from page 52 March/April SW mag- see a pattern forming here?!) Contains XL minced beef, red, green and yellow pepper, onion, garlic, tinned tomatoes, fresh basil, dried herbs, fat free natural yog, eggs, fresh parsley, nutmeg, lasagne sheets. Served with green salad leaves. (All free).

The above was very yummy, but by eck, my breath reeks of garlic!!!

Total syns 0.5! (Very full though- lots of food involved today!)

Last edited:
Thanks guys!! Yes Claire, I highly recommend Joe's!! I'd like to pat that man on the back, whoever he is!! It's so exciting when the delivery comes, but yes, you may wish to run your current contents down first!! LOL!! Well I must say my aubergine bake and the lasagne were scrummy! The only thing is, I think I'll be on the lasagne for another 3 days yet!! But I'll vary the veg I serve it with I promise!!!X

Week 21- Day 5 (Sat)- Extra Easy

Brekkie- 10am- A banana and an Alpen light Choc/orange cereal bar (3 syns)

11.30am- Went for a 6 mile walk involving hills, woodland, dunes, beach!

Lunch- 1.30pm- 3 Scanbran (3/5 HEXb- will have other 2 later as a snack) with a 300g tub Tesco Light Choices cottage cheese and drizzles of sweet chilli sauce (2 syns- just over a level tablespoon).
Some red seedless grapes.

4.30pm- snack- 2 Scanbran (2/5 HEXb) with 2 Laughing Cow XL triangles (2 syns) and lashings of Marmite XO!! A small pear.

Tea-8.30pm- Lasagne (yesterdays homemade) with 28g cheddar grated over (HEXa), with salad of lettuce, cherry tomatoes, beetroot with balsamic vinegar and drizzle of E.V Olive oil (2 syns).

Total syns 9.

Last edited:
Oh the joys of nightshifts!!! Like you funcurls I have no problem eating in the middle of the night . I have to be prepared thou', or i will go and buy crisps and chocs on the way in.I usually take either a ham salad sandwich or salad, mullerlight, fruit, hard boiled eggs ,cottage cheese .Ususally I don't need to eat until about 4 a.m, then I usually have a piece of fruit before leaving work , just to boost my sugarlevelsand get home safely !!

Yes 2 actually!! One in Barry, and one in Pentwyn off J30!! I'm in Swansea and have NEVER shopped in Waitrose so was so excited about this and really wanted to treat myself!! This means you should be able to get home delivery from them too!! Google 'Waitrose Cardiff address' and they come straight up!X

Week 21- Day 6 (Sun)- Extra Easy

Brekkie- 10am- Dorset cereals apple & raisin porridge with 1 scanbran (HEXb) and topped with chopped apple and kiwi fruit. Skimmed milk 100ml (1.5 syns) Some red seedless grapes and some extra slices of apple

11.30am-snack- 6 Mikados (3 syns) and some Onken vanilla fat free biopot yogurt.

3.30pm-Some beetroot!!

4.30pm- 4 duck & hoisin sauce pancakes!! I roasted 2 duck legs, removed the skin and broke up all the meat, steamed the pancakes (got them in Chinese supermarket), spread a teaspoon of hoisin sauce on each, added strips of cucumber and spring onion then some duck, rolled up and hey presto- my fave meal ever- and I didn't even miss the crispy bits- I let my dh have his with some skin!! (Pancakes=4 syns, hoisin sauce=3 syns as had a couple of extra sneaky teaspoons for the road! Yum yum!)

19.30- Lasagne (homemade) with 28g grated cheddar melted on top (HEXa), served with lots of steamed asparagus.

Total syns 11.5

Last edited:
Oh the joys of nightshifts!!! Like you funcurls I have no problem eating in the middle of the night . I have to be prepared thou', or i will go and buy crisps and chocs on the way in.I usually take either a ham salad sandwich or salad, mullerlight, fruit, hard boiled eggs ,cottage cheese .Ususally I don't need to eat until about 4 a.m, then I usually have a piece of fruit before leaving work , just to boost my sugarlevelsand get home safely !!

Yes it's definitely vital to be organised isn't it!! Taking plenty of things in with me really helps and I get ravenous about 5am!! We don't finish til 8 so I have to have something to pick me up a bit- it's scary when you arrive home and don't even remember how you got there!! Where do you work in Wales then?X

Week 21- Day 7 (Mon)- Extra Easy

Brekkie- 10am- 2 egg omlette with herbs and 2 (leftover from yesterday) duck & hoisin sauce pancakes- they were winking at me from the fridge shelf! (3 syns).

Lunch- 2.30pm- Ate out at 'Fairyhill' hotel! Vegetable soup (no cream- I asked, and I skipped the bread!!), hake with a herb crust (?4 syns) with wilted spinach and new potatoes- I scraped away a lot of the sauce but I'm counting 8 syns to be on the safe side)
Skipped pudding and only drank diet coke and water!!

Before WI- 5.30pm-Hifi bar- Mint flavour (HEXb)
After WI-7.45pm-Hifi bar- Choc orange flavour (6 syns)

Tea- 8.30pm- Last of the lasagne with 28g melted cheddar (HEXa) served with salad of green leaves, cherry tomatoes, cucumber and baby beetroot with a little balsamic vinegar.
A pink grapefruit with a little sweetener.

Total syns 21 (estimated)

Last edited:
Hi Claire, Oh I was writing the last entry in advance! The meal is tomorrow, I think I'm going to choose soup of the day (without bread- it's too bloating for me on WI day!!) then the hake (the healthiest, lightest choice I can see and the portion won't be huge) and I'll skip pudding (far too risky!) You can have a nose at the hotel/menu if you google Fairyhill, Gower. When you're in click on 'restaurant' then 'lunch menu'! There's not a lot of choice and tomorrow's menu may be completely different but it's great to be able to have an idea of what you'll have before arriving!! I think I'll have a small omlette for brekkie and that'll free up my HEXs for later in the day!X

Grrrwww! Had WI tonight and STS!! A bit disappointed if I'm honest because I know I fell well below my syn allowance-about 70 in total AND I did lots of walking- 2 four mile walks and 1 6 mile walk!!! Makes it all the more frustrating! But the other side of the story and the positive way of looking at it is that last week I lost 4 1/2 lb so in a way I feel I could afford a STS this week!! If it doesn't show next week there will definitely be tears!!X

Last edited:
Evening :)
Your meal out sounded lovely and you were so so good....I'm can see the glint of your halo over my side of the country;)
Makes the whole going out and staying in control so much more enjoyable in the longterm. I know if I've gone over the top half the time I havent even enjoyed the meal and left with that awful feeling of letting myself down.
I try to decide on a starter or pudding now and no alcohol ...... this is in my ideal world when everythings going well lol
Hope you have a great day tomorrow
x

Week 22- Day 1 (Tues)- Extra Easy

Brekkie- 9am- Dorset Cereals super cranberry, cherry & almond muesli 28g (HEXb) with 100ml skimmed milk semi-skimmed milk (part HEXa- OK OK I'm splitting my HEXa today which is against the rules but I don't care!!!) topped with chopped fresh pineapple and 1/2 small banana.

Snack- 12.30- Thai Mugshot (0.5 syns)

Walked 4 miles!

Lunch- 2.30pm-Chicken breast stuffed with Laughing Cow deli light blue cheese square wrapped in bacon (no fat) and oven baked with jacket potato and stirfried veg. Plus an additional Laughing Cow deli light (counting the 2 as the other part of the HEXa- tut tut!!)
Activia cherry fat free yogurt with a meringue nest (2.5 syns).

Tea- 7pm-Slow-cooked chicken casserole (chicken thighs skinless, red onion, garlic, courgette, potato, carrot, butternut squash, parsnip, mushrooms, herbs, chicken stock).

Half a small banana

1/2 packet Walkers crisps in local pub after choir practice- (drank diet cokes!) (3.5 syns)

Total syns 6.5

Last edited:
:whacky068:Week 22- Day 2 (Wed)- Extra Easy

Brekkie- 10.30am (lovely lie-in!!) 3 Joe's pork & apple sausages, 2 egg omlette, baked beans (spiced up with a little Lea & Perrins and a drop of tabasco). 4 satsumas

1pm- 4 Mikados- (2 syns)

Walked 6 miles (2 hours)!!

Didn't really have lunch as such as so full from brekkie......
Snack 4.30pm 3 Scanbran (3/5 HEXb) with vff cottage cheese and Marmite XO. 4 more Mikados- well they're just sooo moreish! (2 syns)

Tea- 7.30pm- Chicken breast stuffed with Laughing Cow deli light blue cheese wrapped in bacon (no fat) served with 1/2 jacket potato and steamed broccoli & asparagus. Sweet chilli sauce (1.5 syns) Fresh pineapple rings- yummm! An extra LC deli light blue cheese square (2=2/5 HEXa)

10pm- An Options Caribbean Coconut hot chocolate sachet (1.5 syns)
Didn't have full HEXa and b allowance today! Tut tut!

Total syns 7

Last edited:
Back