FUNCURLS FOOD DIARY, BLOG and CHIT CHAT!! New target set!!

dont go syn free completely - my C said this DOES NOT HELP!!! :( apparently we need 5 syns a day min!!! up to you honey, but i thought i would mention it!

When i went syn free i only lost half a pound that week - ! xxxx

I know you're right Ellebear, but I'm so desperate to see good results next Monday (not far away) that I feel I should have a few ultra strict few days- maybe do the 2/3 superfree thing?! I will have some syns, but maybe stick to 5 a day then!!!! Thanx 4 your concern though hunny!!X

Week 23- Day 4 (Fri)- Extra Easy

Brekkie-10am- 3 Quorn red leicester & onion sausages (3 syns), 2 egg omlette, sliced mushrooms and 1/2 tin Heinz 'Saucy Steak' baked beans (1 syn)

Lunch-2pm- A bit of a mix!- Small bowl of Mexican rice (leftover from 'Spicy pork & Mexican rice' SW mag recipe), 2 beetroot in balsamic vinegar and 1/2 pot Asda red pepper & sweet chilli cottage cheese (0.5 syns). A pear.

Tea-6.30pm- Luxury Fish Pie (SW mag May/June recipe- salmon, white fish & king prawns, fish stock, eggs, quark, parsley, dill, potatoes) served with stirfried (frylight) spinach, shredded cabbage and sliced leek.

Snacks- 2 Alpen Light bars choc/orange (HEXb)
Glass of skimmed milk 350ml (HEXa)
1 Mikado (0.5 syns)

Total syns 5

Last edited:
Week 23- Day 5 (Sat) Extra Easy Working a late shift (12-8pm)

First day back in work after 17 whole days off (bliss)!!!

Breakfast-9.30am-A pear and some strawberries.

Lunch 11am (early as had to leave for work) The last of the spicy pork with Mexican rice (SW mag May/June recipe).

Tea in work- 6.30pm Luxury fish pie (SW mag May/June recipe) with salad (mixed leaves, cherry tomatoes, spring onion). 1/2 sachet of salad cream (teaspoon- 1 syn) Activia fat free cherry yogurt. A banana.

At home- 9.30pm- Ryvita Minis- Sweet chilli flavour (HEXb), 350ml glass skimmed milk (HEXa). 3 clementines.

Total syns- 1

Last edited:
good luck hunnie - be good whilst i am away - think of me slaving away in the gym each day lol! xxx

Week 23- Day 6 (Sun) Extra Easy- Working 7.30am-8pm

Brekkie- 6.30am- 2 egg omlette

In work 1st break- Strawberries, kiwi fruit and a pear. Activia Fat Free cherry yogurt.

In work 2nd break- Baked sweet potato filled with Asda red pepper & sweet chilli cottage cheese (1/2 syn).

In work 3nd break- Luxury fish pie (SW Mag recipe) with salad (mixed leaves, cherry tomatoes, spring onion, beetroot and balsamic vinegar).

Snacks- Luscious lemon HIFI bar (HEXb)
3 clementines
1 Thorntons lemon parfait chocolate- 3.5 syns (yikes!!)
1 blackcurrant Starburst sweet- 1 syn
Tesco Snowball cake- 4 syns

At home before bed- 350ml glass skimmed milk. (HEXa)

Total syns 9

Last edited:
Week 23- Day 7 (Mon)- Extra Easy- WI day! (Day off work)

Brekkie-9.30am- 28g Porridge oats with 1 Scanbran (HEXb) and 100ml of semi-skimmed milk (2/5 HEXa). Topped with sliced banana and chopped pear. 1 Joe's chilli & garlic grill stick. 3 yellow plums.

Snack- 12noon- A packet of Velvet Crunch- thai sweet chilli flavour (4 syns).

Lunch-2pm- Corn-fed chicken (cooked whole in slow-cooker) without skin, with steamed broccoli and asparagus.

Snack-5pm-1/2 pot Asda red pepper & sweet chilli cottage cheese (1/2 syn). 2 Rolos (2 syns)

Late tea/supper-10pm- 3 skinless chicken thighs with marinade of f.f yogurt, sweet chilli sauce (2 syns), curry powder and cumin powder. Baked in oven. SW chips. Tiny bit of Mayflower curry sauce (1 syn). Some fresh pineapple. 1 Tesco Snowball cake (4 syns).

Just before bed- 150ml semi-skimmed milk (rest of HEXa).

Total syns 13.5

Last edited:
Week 24- Day 1 (Tues)- Extra Easy (Day off work)

Brekkie-10am- 2 egg omlette and a whole tin of BBQ baked beans. Fresh pineapple and strawberries.

Lunch- 2pm- Small baked sweet potato with 1/2 pot Asda red pepper & sweet chilli cottage cheese (0.5 syns). Green salad with shredded chicken breast with sweet chilli sauce (1 syn) and Hellmans XL mayo (0.5 syns). A pink grapefruit. A chocolate (2.5 syns).

Snack 5pm- 3 yellow plums and 2 kiwi fruit.

Tea- 7pm- Salmon fillet with roasted cherry tomatoes (with Worcestershire sauce, Dijon mustard (0.5 syns) and Helmanns XL (0.5 syns) spooned over, served with chilli & butternut squash couscous (BNS, shallot & red chilli) and some broccoli.

A tbspn mixed nuts (HEXb)
350ml skimmed milk (HEXa)

Total syns 5.5

Last edited:
Week 24- Day 2 (Wed) Extra Easy. Day off!!

Brekkie-9.30am- 4 Joe's chilli & garlic grill sticks. Strawberries and fresh pineapple rings.

Lunch- 1.30pm- Some lamb (fresh from the slow cooker- lovely and succulent- yum) with spinach pasta spirals with veg (courgette, aubergine, spring onions, red chilli, red pepper, green pepper, cherry tomatoes and tinned chopped tomatoes with basil & oregano, plus some fresh basil leaves). A pink grapefruit with a little sweetener.

Snack- 4.30- 3 Babybel light (HEXa). Kelloggs Fibre Plus dark choc & almond bar- (HEXb) (REALLY yummy!!) A large beetroot in balsamic vinegar.

Tea- 9.30pm- Ended up in A&E with dh who cut his finger badly on a Stanley knife!!!
4/5 packet of Walkers S&V bakes crisps (gave 1/5 to dh- I'm so generous! LOL! 6 syns)
Nipped off to Tesco- hungry and bored- Pack of BBQ chunky chicken pieces 140g (0.5 syns).

Back home- a few nibbles of lamb.

A Skinny Cow hot chocolate drink- (2 syns)

Total syns 8.5

Last edited:
Week 24- Day 3 (Thurs)- Extra Easy. Working a night shift (Note that eating times will be skewiff due to strange sleep pattern!)

Brekkie-12 noon (lie in in prep for night shift) 4 Joe's garlic & herb syn free sausages, plus 1/3 of dh's Bratwurst sausage (whopping 4 syns! It was only meant to be a taste!). An apple, 2 clementines and a pink grapefruit with a little sweetener.

Lunch-4pm- 3 Salmon burgers with basil & lime mayo (SW mag May/June recipe) (Salmon, potato, spring onion, garlic, ginger, egg white, dill, parsley- mayo:- Fromage frais, Hellmanns XL mayo, red chilli, garlic, lime juice, basil- 0.5 syns) with green salad/cherry tomatoes.

Meal before work- 6pm-A frylighted egg and a 300g tin of Batchelors mushy peas. A pot of Shape Zero blackberry yogurt.

Snack in work- Luscious lemon HIFI bar (HEXb)
250ml glass of semi-skimmed milk (HEXa).

Break in work- Spinach 'Seeds of Change' pasta spirals with veg (spring onion, green pepper, red pepper, red chilli, courgette, aubergine, cherry tomatoes, tinned chopped tomatoes and torn fresh basil leaves). 120g pot vanilla/choc sprinkles Mullerlight. Fresh mango slices.

Total syns 4.5.

Last edited:
wow you done so well when you were at the hospital by going to tesco and getting the chicken! well done you! p.s. hope dh is better!

wow you done so well when you were at the hospital by going to tesco and getting the chicken! well done you! p.s. hope dh is better!

Thanks Woodsylou,
I know, it would have been so easy to succumb to junk when caught out by unexpected situation, but I didn't want to go massively over on my syns and not even feel full, besides, the drive to Tesco was a welcome break after being stuck in A&E waiting area for 2 1/2 hours! X

i think you should be very proud of yourself!

Hiya hunny,
Hope your hubbie is ok after his stanley knife incident!....and you were so good with your healthy snacks ;)
Hope the Salmon Burgers were nice, I made Pea and Ham soup followed by Jacket Potato with Smoky Bacon Topping from the new cookbook - both really nice and hubbie and son loved it too.
Off for a bath and early night now as Fotties on boooooo!! lol
xx

Thanks Claire!! Yeh he's OK!! Still can't stop him doing DIY though!! Once he starts he can't stop!! I'm not complaining, don't get me wrong, but I'm worried about that finger, and further mishaps!!! Hope you're having a good week, foodwise and otherwise and that ankle is getting better and better! Ooh yes, the salmon burgers are really lush!! Dai loved them too, and the basil & lime mayo was yuuummm!!XXX

Week 24- Day 4 (Fri)- Extra Easy- Day off work!!

6am- (still in work- towards end of night shift)- Roast chicken Pot Noodle in a Mug (1 syn). A banana.

9am- Before bed- a bowl of cold pasta & veg (see yesterday for ingredients)

2pm- 3 salmon burgers with basil & lime mayo (SW mag recipe- see yesterday)(0.5 syns for Hellmanns XL content).

6pm- Bowl of cold pasta & veg (again!!- Using it up!!)
Kelloggs Fibre Plus dark choc & almond cereal bar (HEXb).

11pm (after pub)- An apple and 2 kiwi fruit. A Skinny Cow Choc/mint icecream lolly (4.5 syns). A 350ml glass of skimmed milk (HEXa).

Total syns 6

Week 24- Day 5 (Sat)- Extra Easy- Day off!

Brekkie- 9.30am- 4 Joe's garlic & herb sausages. 2 plums.

Lunch- 1pm-3 Ryvita Breaks (HEXb + 2.5 syns) with 3 Laughing Cow XL triangles (3 syns)An apple and a pear.

28g cheddar cheese (making cheese on toast for dh and couldn't resist- well at least I measured it!!) (HEXa)

5pm- A salmon fillet (Frylighted) and a few salad leaves (small tea as going for a curry late tonight).

10.30pm- Indian restaurant:- 2/3 poppadom (3 syns), chutneys (2 syns), chicken shashlik (3 syns), boiled rice, a taste of dh's curry (3 syns),a piece of naan bread (3 syns), 330ml bottle of Carlsberg (5 syns).

Total syns 24.5.

Week 24- Day 6 (Sun)- Extra Easy- Day off!!

Brekkie- 10am- 2-egg omlette. Pink grapefruit.

Lunch in local pub-2.30pm- Canape- mini bruschetta with red onion/bits n bobs- (?2syns).
Crabcake in a bisque type thing- (?5syns).
Tagliatelle with veg & parmesan (HEXa) (allow 3 syns for sauce)

Back home- Activia cherry fat free yog with fresh kiwi fruit & mango with 1/2 meringue nest (1.5 syns). 1 Mikado (0.5 syns).

Tea- 8.30pm- Tin Asda chickpea dahl (free and yummy!) on 1 slice wholemeal toast (HEXb). A little seabass (freshly caught by dh yest) with salad leaves, cherry tomatoes, spring onions and balsamic vinegar.

Total syns 12.

Last edited:
Back