FUNCURLS FOOD DIARY, BLOG and CHIT CHAT!! New target set!!

Well done on STS hunny, that last 4 lb will be off in no time at all.

I lost 5 this week so like you the xmas weight is starting to shift. I have my works new years party this friday where my points will be tested to the limit on alcohol but its just one night and I've got 6 more days to make up for it.

Hope your well
xx

well done on your maintain Hev!!! :)

Week 64- Day 1 (Tues)- Extra Easy- Working 12.30-8pm.

Breakfast- 2 chocolate Weetabix (HEXb + 2 syns) with 200ml skimmed milk (4/7 HEXa) and a sliced banana.

Lunch- Thai Mugshot (0.5 syns) and an orange. A Malteser Celebration (2.5 syns).

Tea- Green salad with spring onions, pasta shells with prawns and garlic with 1/3 jar Dolmio extra onion & garlic bolognese sauce (4 syns). An Activia fat free raspberry yogurt.

At home- a few chips done in brand spanking new Actifry! (1 syn as had 1/6 of the chips- dh had the rest and there were 6 syns in a tablespoon of oil).

Total syns 10.

Week 64- Day 2 (Wed)- Extra Easy- Working 7.30am-8pm.

Before work- 6.30am- 3 egg scramblette with smoked salmon and herbs.

Work break 1- 2 chocolate Weetabix (HEXb + 2 syns) with 200ml semi-skimmed milk (4/5 HEXa) and sliced banana.

Work break 2- 1/4 pack of Asda meatfree meatballs (0.5 syns) with stirfried veg, spaghetti and 1 tbspn green pesto (4 syns). An orange.
To be continued......

At home- 1/2 230g pot Asda beetroot salad. Chips cooked in Actifry (with Frylight) with 1.5 tbspns ketchup (1.5 syns). An Activia fat free cherry Snackpot.

Late night sneaky snack- Tomato & herb Pot Noodle in a Mug. Peckish at 1am!

Total syns 8.

Last edited:
loving the smoked salmon and egg breakfast!!! :) x

Great innit!! Tell you what, it really fills me up!! I have it at 6.30am before my shift and it's not until about 11/11.30am that I'm peckish again, and not even ravenous! Eggs rock, so does smoked salmon, even Tesco Value 89p packs!X

God you are on a mission Heather! Good luck for this week, loving your posh menus. What shift are you on this week it looks like earlies? do you find it easier or harder when you work the late shift? My working week is finished and I am off to bed...dreaming that i am only 4lbs away from target...

Hi Donna, I don't really do posh menus!! Eggs and smoked salmon may sound posh but they're not really! I buy the salmon in its cheapest form possible too but I suppose the chickens are fairly high brow that lay the eggs- from a farm down the road!!! Naa not really!

Our shift patterns are horrendous in that we don't actually have a pattern!! They are totally random- it's much more about ensuring that the unit is covered than about personal wellbeing!! So we don't do a week of earlies, lates or nights! They are all over the place! Hours are worked over a fortnight, so I do 60 hours a fortnight (I don't do the full 75 because of our cottage letting business). This week I've been 7.30-3 Tues (early), 7.30-8 yest (Long day) and I'm a night tonight (7.30-8) Then next week I'm a night Sun, 12.30-8 (late) Friday and night Sat...then night Sun but that's going into another fortnight... It's a pain that it's so random, but then again I kind of like the variety and that every week is different! I work a lot of 12.5 hr shifts, (11.5 hrs paid) which can be days or nights, which is why I have quite a few days off! How about you? You're in the police aren't you? What do you do and what kind of hours do you work?X

Week 64- Day 3 (Thurs)- Extra Easy- Working night 7.30pm-8am.

Had lie-in in preparation for night shift.

1pm- 3 egg scramblette with herbs, smoked salmon, griddled cherry tomatoes and a small tin of 'In the Night Garden' wholewheat pasta shapes. (See how posh I am Donna?! lol!)

6.30pm- 28g porridge with 1 crumbled Scanbran (HEXb) made with 175ml semi skimmed milk (part HEXa) with blueberries, 1/2 sliced banana and sweetener.

In work- 3 ridiculously thin slivers of Dominos pizzas, ordered and paid for by one of the Doctors! (Estimating 10 syns). Chicken (cooked in slow cooker during day) with mixed leaves, spring onions, cherry tomatoes, beetroot, 2 tbspns XL salad cream (3 syns). A large pear. A peach Activia fat free Snackpot (0.5 syns).

Remaining 75ml semi-skimmed milk in tea and coffee in work.

Total syns 13.5.

Last edited:
Week 64- Day 4 (Fri)- Extra Easy- Sleep day/day off.

Early in work- 5am- Tomato & herb pot noodle in a mug. Some red and white grapes.

At home- 10am- 200g pack of Tesco Sweet Chilli chunky chicken (really peckish!!)

On waking up:-
3.30pm- 28g porridge (main HEXb) with 150ml skimmed milk (3/7 HEXa) with sliced banana and blueberries.

Supper- Chicken and mixed veg stirfry (using veg from an Asda stir-fry pack) with soysauce served with mashed potato (containing approx 2 syns of butter). 14g melted cheddar on mash (1/2 HEXa).

Snack- 1 Scanbran (remainder HEXb from porridge) with Laughing Cow light triangle (1 syn), sliced tomato and chilli powder.

Total syns 3.

Last edited:
Week 64- Day 3 (Thurs)- Extra Easy- Working night 7.30pm-8am.

Had lie-in in preparation for night shift.

1pm- 3 egg scramblette with herbs, smoked salmon, griddled cherry tomatoes and a small tin of 'In the Night Garden' wholewheat pasta shapes. (See how posh I am Donna?! lol!)
:roofles: you are "wholewheat" indeed lol!

Week 64- Day 5 (Sat)- Extra Easy- Day off.

Late breakfast (well brunch!!) 3 Quorn cumberland sausages with baked beans and frylighted sliced tomatoes.

Late afternoon snack- Chinese chicken Pot Noodle in a Mug. Some fresh pineapple. 4 Jacobs cheese footballs (Left over from Christmas- have now chucked the rest of them out before I eat any more!! 2 syns)

Dinner- Being made for us by neighbours so who knows...............will report back!

So we had a lobster thermador starter!! Small dish with lobster, shallots and veg in a bearnaise sauce with coriander and thai crackers. Chunky pea & ham soup main course- traditional version with lots of veg in it and really chunky ham (virtually syn free) with a large ciabatta bread roll (little butter). Apple and blackberry pie with custard for pudding (yikes, dunno how many syns in that!!) Then a little cheese (can probably count cheese as my HEXa as didn't have much) with 3 crackers. Also had a flute of champagne before dinner and 2 large amarettos after dinner.

So quite a few syns there and difficult to estimate really!! Perhaps about 40?

Last edited:
...is your neighbour a good friend or a diet saboteur? can't wait to see what you have

Well it's a long story actually! It's an elderly couple who live in the caravan site at the top of our village but for 2 weeks in January each year they come and rent our cottage next door off us as the caravan site rules are they have to vacate for 2 weeks. So it's become a ritual every year that Bill cooks for us during their stay! He used to be a chef in the merchant navy and his wife does SW and they know I'm doing it, so it'll be very interesting! I haven't a clue what's in store but they do tend to get very drunk so I have to watch that type of syns!!! I will report back! Hope you're having a nice weekend Donna!X

Week 64- Day 6 (Sun)- Extra Easy- Working night shift 7.30pm-8am.

After going well over my syns last night I'm having a practically syn free day today! Really really want a loss tomorrow and have been so good all week I just hope last night hasn't blown it for me!

Had lie-in in preparation for night shift tonight!

Brunch- 11.30am- 2 poached eggs on 1 slice standard wholemeal toast (HEXb). 1 large stick of celery. A large pear.

8 olives (1 syn).

Late afternoon-3pm- Small baking potato, chipped and cooked in actifry with 1 frylighted egg.

Before work-6.30pm Shredded chicken breast and veg stirfry (from Asda stirfry pack) with Batchelors Mexican savoury rice.

In work- Midnightish- Chunky pea, ham and veg soup (left over from our dinner party last night- negligable in syns). A strawberry fat free Activia yogurt. An orange.

Total syns 1. Only used a little of HEXa (milk in tea).

Last edited:
Dinner- Being made for us by neighbours so who knows...............will report back!

So we had a lobster thermador starter!! Small dish with lobster, shallots and veg in a bearnaise sauce with coriander and thai crackers. Chunky pea & ham soup main course- traditional version with lots of veg in it and really chunky ham (virtually syn free) with a large ciabatta bread roll (little butter). Apple and blackberry pie with custard for pudding (yikes, dunno how many syns in that!!) Then a little cheese (can probably count cheese as my HEXa as didn't have much) with 3 crackers. Also had a flute of champagne before dinner and 2 large amarettos after dinner.

So quite a few syns there and difficult to estimate really!! Perhaps about 40?

OMG Miss Heather you've even got posh neighbours - wish i had some like that. What a fantastic dinner, dont bother trying to mount up syns, its a one-off and as you are going syn-free, i think you will be fine

hope you had really good lay-in, hope night shift is quiet tonight, donna x

OMG Miss Heather you've even got posh neighbours - wish i had some like that. What a fantastic dinner, dont bother trying to mount up syns, its a one-off and as you are going syn-free, i think you will be fine

hope you had really good lay-in, hope night shift is quiet tonight, donna x

Heehee pmsl Donna!! They are sooo not posh in any way shape or form lol!! Nice meal though!! Just feel mega guilty about the syns! Hence (hardly) any syns today!!X

Week 65- Day 7 (Mon)- Extra Easy-Sleep day/day off.

Totally forgot I have my village art club Christmas Do (!!) this afternoon- not ideal before WI, and not ideal after Saturday night's flexi-evening! However I have already chosen my food- soup to start, vegetarian tagliatelle for main and no dessert, so it shouldn't be too bad! I'll use my HEXb on the bread roll. I won't be drinking alcohol so it shouldn't be too destructive!

Early am in work- Sweet n sour Mugshot. Large pear.

On way home in car- 8.30am- A banana.

Off to bed!

Art club do in local pub- Tomato & red pepper soup (?2 syns), tagliatelle with vegetables (?5 syns for sauce?)

After WI- OH had bought Chinese!! King prawn chow mein in black bean sauce (? 10 syns).

Total syns ?17.

Last edited:
Back