FUNCURLS FOOD DIARY, BLOG and CHIT CHAT!! New target set!!

I work nightshift every few weeks and do 7 in a row, I find it a struggle when on nightshift as not sure what to have and what times to have it at!! Very strange. Any help appreciated :)

I work nightshift every few weeks and do 7 in a row, I find it a struggle when on nightshift as not sure what to have and what times to have it at!! Very strange. Any help appreciated :)

Hi Debz, always nice to talk to fellow night shift workers! Well after following SW for a long time now, and trying all sorts of different ways of eating, I have realised that what suits me best is to eat little and often through the night! I usually take in some leftovers from home- whether it's curry, casserole, risotto, pasta, fish with stirfried veg, or a pitta bread with cheese/salad, tuna/salad, chicken/salad, just a light portion. I also take in a variety of fruit and yogurt and quite often I'll have a Mugshot early in the morning about 5ish! So I eat at home at 6pm-ish, leave the house 6.40, have a piece of fruit or a HEXb cereal bar around 10ish, have my meal sometime between 12 and 1, then have a Mugshot (or similar) and some fruit at 5 ish- I leave at 8am and get to bed about 9-9.30. If I'm still hungry before going to bed I'll have something small, maybe a yogurt. Between sleeping and going back to work if I've slept well I just have one good meal before work (6ish) and if I haven't slept well I usually go for something like cereal early afternoon and then a small meal at 6ish! Nights certainly mess up our systems, but I'm learning to cope with them and I don't think they've particularly affected my losses! What hours do you start/finish your nights?X

STS is good, it probably is water retention. You've had a difficult week and I expect you'll see the loss next weigh in.

I'm like you I need a big breakfast most days (although sometimes I do just have fruit) I find it helps me. Speaking of which your diary inspired me to try Reggae Reggae sauce and now I have a slight addiciton! ;)

STS is good, it probably is water retention. You've had a difficult week and I expect you'll see the loss next weigh in.

I'm like you I need a big breakfast most days (although sometimes I do just have fruit) I find it helps me. Speaking of which your diary inspired me to try Reggae Reggae sauce and now I have a slight addiciton! ;)

Thanks hun, it usually works that way for me- quite often a good week isn't rewarded until the following week- but the great thing is that by now I know how my body works (illogically!!) so I am able to have faith that I will be rewarded somewhere down the line! Ooh glad I've inspired you with the old Levi Roots!! It's fab isn't it!! This week I'm on the HP Woodsmoke BBQ sauce- very nice indeed!X

Week 68- Day 1 (Tues)- Extra Easy- Day off.

Very light breakfast- 2 kiwi fruit

40 mins Davina DVD!!

Lunch 12.30- 2 Joes chilli & garlic grills with 2 egg mushroom and red onion omlette with skimmed milk to bulk/fluff it up- Meli's suggestion-thanks hun- worked well yum yum!! With a large tomato sliced and griddled. 1 tbspn HP Woodsmoke BBQ sauce (1 syn). 2 clementines and a few blueberries.

3pm- Activia raspberry fat free yogurt.

In the cinema- 5.30- A banana, a clementine and a Kelloggs dark choc/almond Fibre Plus (HEXb).

Tea- Small jacket potato with 290g tin Asda chilli beans in chilli sauce with 28g melted cheddar (HEXa). Some blueberries and a clementine.

Skimmed milk in 2 cups tea and a dash in my omlette (0.5 syns).

2 Laughing Cow XL triangles (2 syns).

Total syns 3.5.

Last edited:
Week 68- Day 2 (Wed)- Extra Easy- Back to work- yukk!! Working 7.30am-8pm

Before work- 3 egg omlette with herbs.

Work break 1- Lunch- 1.30pm- Small jacket potato with baked beans. A vanilla/choc sprinkles Mullerlight. An apple.

Work break 2-6pm- Beef/veg casserole (see Sunday- 1 syn) with Asda quick cook paella style rice (3.5 syns). 2 chocolate Weetabix (HEXb + 2 syns) with 150ml semi-skimmed milk (3/5 HEXa).

After work- at home- 10pm- Smoked trout fillet. A packet of 'hot tomato' Snack-a-Jacks' (5 syns). A banana and some blueberries.

Total syns 11.5.

Last edited:
looks like you are doing well, especially for someone who works long hours.

I keep meaning to order one of Davina's workout dvd (will have to wait till after the baby now of course). I already have the Zumba discs and love those. Is the Davina one good?

looks like you are doing well, especially for someone who works long hours.

I keep meaning to order one of Davina's workout dvd (will have to wait till after the baby now of course). I already have the Zumba discs and love those. Is the Davina one good?

Thanks hun, to be honest BM it's all about being super organised and taking plenty of things into work that are free and filling!!

The Davina DVD is really amazing! It's a proper workout that uses loads of different muscles and it's totally exhausting and sends your heart rate soaring!! You feel like you've done an amazing workout and feel fantastic about 1/2 hour afterwards!! After just a few sessions I swear my wobbly bits were a lot less wobbly and everything feels so much more toned!! It's the Davina Body Buff, the new one!! I'd love to try Zumba but with shifts would find it difficult to get to a class! Can you recommend a specific DVD? X

Last edited:
Hi Heather.............Im back working 12 + hour shifts & they play havoc with this eating business lol!!! Especially switching from days - nights - days etc...but Im with you on little & often & yuck didn't like the Regee sauce!!! x

Hi Heather.............Im back working 12 + hour shifts & they play havoc with this eating business lol!!! Especially switching from days - nights - days etc...but Im with you on little & often & yuck didn't like the Regee sauce!!! x

Welcome back to shift work Kim- we must compare notes!! It can be hard work planning food for the whole shift but I also get a strange satisfaction from it!! Hmm, what to prepare for tomorrow's night shift... I think I'm going to have Joe's syn free chinese style pork steaks with stirfried veg and noodles!

Ha sorry you didn't like the sauce- it's an acquired taste- I love things as hot as poss!!X

I tend to do most of my work with ITU/paeds in the community so it means taking in a Tesco Lifebag full of food as I would hate to go hungry....its enough to feed the 5000! My DH always takes the mick as I always seem to come back with as much as I took & he always manages to find the odd mouldy banana at the bottom of my bag!

I tend to do most of my work with ITU/paeds in the community so it means taking in a Tesco Lifebag full of food as I would hate to go hungry....its enough to feed the 5000! My DH always takes the mick as I always seem to come back with as much as I took & he always manages to find the odd mouldy banana at the bottom of my bag!

Maybe ditch the bananas lol!X

Week 68- Day 3 (Thurs)- Extra Easy- Night shift 7.30pm-8am.

Long lie-in to prepare for night shift.

Lunch- 1pm- 2 Joe's chilli & garlic burgers, quartered and cooked in Actifry, with a Frylighted egg and griddled cherry tomatoes. 1 tbspn Reggae Reggae sauce (1 syn). 2 kiwi fruit and an apple.

3.30pm- An orange.

Tea- 6pm- The last of the beef & veg stew (see Sun- 1 syn). 4 Laughing Cow XL triangles (2/3 HEXa).

Snack in work- Kelloggs dark choc/almond Fibre Plus (HEXb). A 'taste' of my friend's homemade chocolate caramel shortbread!! Why oh why oh why?!?!!!! (est 12 syns!!).

Main work break- 2 Joe's Chinese style pork steaks with Asda oriental bean stirfry veg pack and Sharwoods egg noodles. A vanilla/choc sprinkles Mullerlight, bluberries and an orange.

Milk in tea- (part HEXa).

Total syns 14.

Last edited:
Im on a night tonight as well....so my work bag is armed with lots of lovely SW food. Are you on your 1st of 7 nights?! I remember those days, the nights were never ending & I used to have cabin fever by the monday night when I'd finished & polish a few vino's!!!! Couldn't/wouldn't want to go back to doing 7 in a row now! Just a single night tonight, which does muck up the eating pattern a bit, but its all in the planning. Am off to a Valentine's ball on saturday, so here's hoping I can get into my LBD that I haven't tried on for a while....in fact I'd better go & try it in casies!!!!!! x

Im on a night tonight as well....so my work bag is armed with lots of lovely SW food. Are you on your 1st of 7 nights?! I remember those days, the nights were never ending & I used to have cabin fever by the monday night when I'd finished & polish a few vino's!!!! Couldn't/wouldn't want to go back to doing 7 in a row now! Just a single night tonight, which does muck up the eating pattern a bit, but its all in the planning. Am off to a Valentine's ball on saturday, so here's hoping I can get into my LBD that I haven't tried on for a while....in fact I'd better go & try it in casies!!!!!! x

No just a one off for me too!! It's rare I do more than 3 in a row- they're 12.5 hours long and I only do 60 hours per fortnight (funny system). There is no set pattern to our shifts either! This week I've done/am doing a long day (7.30am-8pm) yesterday, a night (7.30pm-8am) tonight, a silly sleep day tomorrow then another long day Saturday. Next week I'm lates (12.30-8 Tues and Wed) and another one off night Thurs! Ooh have a lovely time at your ball! I bet your dress will look lovely!XX

Plan in 1 or 2 more Davina's by the end of the weekend and you're sure to get a good loss ( I can feel it :) )

Hi hun, I'm struggling to find the time this week! Yesterday I was working a double shift, tonight I'm a night and today had to clean/changeover one of our cottages as have guests arriving, tomorrow I have lots to do after my post- night shift sleep, but will try my hardest to get a session in at some point! Saturday I'm another double shift and Sunday I'm out with friends most of the day (but having a good walk) to celebrate my friend's chihuaha's 2nd Birthday- OMG just don't even ask lol!! Will try and fit a session in Sunday morning! But I'm not beating myself up if I can't fit them in! I can't do the hard slog thing!- when I've got spare time I do it, and when I'm really busy I see that as activity in itself and don't get stressed about not doing it!! I'm being an angel food-wise this week and was pretty good last week- the only thing that may stand in my way of a great loss Mon is that old devil called *week which is coming up!!!:cry:XXX

Quite pleased with the LBD & the old 'scary holdy in pants' work wanders....start under the bust & end mid thigh so hide a multitude of sins......DH did ask 'where does the fat go then' lol !!! Wouldn't be without them!!! Enjoy your night x

2yr old dogs party lol ...... Love my dogs but omg that's just too funny
Xx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

I know!! It's all totally bonkers Lou!! She's having a cake specially made for her with fairies on it!! You should see how many outfits she has!!X

Back