FUNCURLS FOOD DIARY, BLOG and CHIT CHAT!! New target set!!

aaw bless you,times like these everything seems to be on top of you and you cant see the light at the end of the tunnel.me and my family went thorough an awfull time last year,really was getting to the point where i couldent cope,we had 2 loved ones pass away,it was my oh grandad(cancer) then literally a few months later his wife passed away,we said she must of died with a broken heart ,bless her,partner lost his job,no money,little girl was poorley,car broke down,got a new one that broke down,i lost a baby,wow thats some list.but now things are graet (well apart from this dieting lark lol)oh got new job,better pay,little girls weel,new car .so think im like kylie minouge "lucky,lucky ,lucky "
anyway diet is poo,that 7lb i lost i put on again plus another 3.boo hoo.back on track this week,and doing 100%,so far.back up to 11st 13llb .ive been dying to see 11st 5lb been 11st 6lb about 3 times haha,but cant seem to get below that.
well ,sorry to moan on for sooooooo,long
well done you
sooooooooo jealooooooooooous xxx

Yo GBS! Blimey you did have a terrible year last year didn't you!! I can't believe all that bad luck- you must have been so fed up! I'm so glad things are looking up for you much more now!! Things usually come right in the end, it's just a pity we can't see that at the time!! I should really count my blessings! Yes there's a lot of injustice in the world-evil people in force, people suffering everywhere, people getting sick and dying far too young, my Mum with this flaming ovarian cancer...but the truth is despite not everything in my life being perfect- my Mum's situation, money worries, so much work to do on our house, there are so many things that are right! My dh and I both have steady jobs (for now!), a business letting our 2 cottages which is ticking along quite nicely which allows us to live in a nice rural area, we have good health, we have loving family and friends and we are able to enjoy the small things in life either together or separately! So it's not all bad!

I take my hat off to you for still being here and still carrying on and doing your best on the plan!! Think how many people embark on a 'diet' or should I say healthy eating plan with all the will and motivation in the world only to fall at the first hurdle, if not the second, or the third!! But you have come back time and time again which is what it's all about!! I know how you feel about hitting a certain weight and just not being able to get under it! I got my 4 stone award at the end of October (4 months ago) and I've been playing about with these 7lb ever since! Up, down, up, down, my lowest (before Christmas) was 11 st 6 1/2 lb and I kept hitting it and going back up again! I have been like a dog with a bone though and nothing was going to stop me, so I'm so glad I persevered! I have broken my last 9lb down into such small steps- my next one is to lose another 2lb which will mean I can say I have 1/2 a stone to go! Then another 2lb will put me at a NORMAL weight for my height, a BMI of 25! Then another 1 1/2 lb will get me into the 10s (wow!) and so it goes on....I am a bit too obsessive with the numbers, I must admit, but this does seem to help drive me on!! If I can do it, I know that you can! I'm no more capable of it than you are believe me! I'm such a faddy person usually- never stick to things for long, but for some reason this is different, probably because it's so important to me!

I thought I'd post this quote which Cocktail Princess posted back in January! I keep referring back to this and read it over and over again because it makes so much sense and I find it really reassuring and motivating!! Even if you have seen it before, read it carefully and slowly so that the words really sink in!!!

“When you stand on the Start Line, you join the club. When you stand at the Starting Line you earn your membership. Millions dream of being where you are. You are no longer a dreamer. You are a doer.

Thousands more started a training programme but never finished. They started with the same enthusiasm as (or more than) you. They started with more or less the same physical gifts or disadvantages as you did. They had no more and no less reason to be successful than you.

But somewhere along the way, they lost that enthusiasm. Somewhere on the road or on the track or treadmill, they decided that the rewards just weren't worth the effort. They decided that they could live without finding their limits, without challenging their expectations of themselves and without taking a hard look at their image of themselves.

You didn't. If you’re standing at the Start Line, you've not only accepted the challenge, but you've also beaten back the demons. You've conquered your imagination and self-imposed limitations. You've gone further, got stronger and become tougher than you ever imagined."

wow,that makes so much sense,think il print it out and pin it to my fridge.
its nice to talk somtimes isint it,get a few things off your chest.dont mean to take over your diary though :eek:)
keep it going and one day il be back at 11st 6lb AGAIN ......
thanks xx

Don't be daft! You're not taking over my diary! It's lovely to have a chat!! Hence why I recently changed my thread title and added 'general chit-chat' lol!! I love to chat if you hadn't noticed!X

Week 71- Day 3 (Thurs)- Extra Easy- Working long day 7.30am-8pm.

Before work 6.30am- 3 egg omlette with red onion, leek and 28g cheddar (HEXa).

Work break 1)-11am- Blueberries and 2 kiwi fruit. A cherry Mullerlight.

Work break 2)-2pm- Co-op wholemeal pitta (HEXb) with tuna mayo (tuna, sweetcorn, spring onion, red pepper, xl salad cream (0.5 syns), 0% Total greek yog, white wine vinegar, thyme and chilli powder). With mixed leaves. An orange.

Snack- 2 small wafer thin chocolate coated M&S biccies (3 syns) plus a normal chocolate coated wafer one (3 syns).

Work break 3)-6pm- Small jacket potato with Co-op low fat cottage cheese with pineapple (1 syn). An apple and a clementine.

At home- 9.30pm- Spicy sweet & sour Mugshot.

Throughout day- semi-skimmed milk in coffee and tea- (1.5 syns).

A Highlights dark hot chocolate (2 syns).

Total syns 11.

Last edited:
Week 71- Day 4 (Fri)- Extra Easy- Working long day- 7.30am-8pm.

Before work- 6.30am- 3 egg omlette with red onion, leek and 28g cheddar (HEXa). Some sliced pear.

Work break 1)-12 noon- Co-op wholemeal pitta (HEXb) with tuna mayo (tuna, sweetcorn, spring onion, red pepper, xl salad cream (0.5 syns), 0% Total yog, white wine vinegar, thyme and chilli powder). With mixed leaves. Blueberries, a chopped kiwi fruit and sliced pear. A rhubarb Mullerlight.

3pm- Some Maltesers (5 syns). A banana and an orange.

Work break 2)- 6.30pm- Chicken (from roasted chicken Wed) and tofu with stirfried veg (Co-op pack) with soy sauce and plum sauce (1.5 syns) with Asda mediterranean style couscous (1 syn). An apple.

At home- peckish around 10pm- 2 Quorn peppered steaks. An apple flavoured fizzy sweet (1 syn).

Milk in 3 cups coffee in work (1 syn).

Total syns 10.

Last edited:
Love to chat eh funcurls? Who'd have thought it ;)

Gonabesmall you'll get there just stick at it. I have so far to go sometimes it seems so dauntig but you just have to take it a step at a time. x

funcurls you've made me feel like tuna mayo with your diary! How's it going for you? :)

Love to chat eh funcurls? Who'd have thought it ;)

Gonabesmall you'll get there just stick at it. I have so far to go sometimes it seems so dauntig but you just have to take it a step at a time. x

funcurls you've made me feel like tuna mayo with your diary! How's it going for you? :)

Hey Red, I've written in your diary so have a gander! Hope you've had a good day- I'm cream crackered!! 25 hours in 2 days and now 2 nights coming up tomorrow and Sun!! Did a big shop in Tesco tonight after work and now plotting in my trivial little head what I can prepare for tomorrow night!! There's a chicken in the fridge to roast and also some salmon fillets to use...decisions decisions!! I think I will roast the chicken in the daytime for dh and I to tuck into- I'll have it with salad and maybe make some form of potato, and I'll prob cook the salmon fillets and have one with prawns, stirfried veg and chilli noodles on my night shift?! X

Week 71- Day 5 (Sat)- Extra Easy- Working night shift 7.30pm-8am.

Brunch- 12 noon- 28g porridge (Main HEXb) with 175ml skimmed milk (1/2 HEXa) topped with 2 chopped kiwi fruit and sliced strawberries.

4pm- Picked at some freshly roasted chicken including some skin (tut tut- 3 syns). A banana.

5.15pm- Slices of roast chicken with salad (mixed leaves, rocket, sliced tomato, red onion, fresh basil, a drizzle of Tiger Tiger red thai dressing- 0.5 syns). 1 Ryvita with hint of sweet onion (remainder HEXb).

Work break- 2 griddled salmon fillets topped with prawns cooked in chilli, lime juice and chopped basil. (0.5 syns for sweet chilli sauce). Stirfried vegetables (1/2 pack from Tesco) with Amoy Straight to Wok chilli noodles (3 syns). Teriyaki sauce (0.5 syns).

Semi-skimmed milk in 2 cups of coffee (part HEXa).

Total syns 7.5.

Last edited:
Mmmm... That salmon and prawns sounds delicious! Xx

all of Hevstas food sounds delish - she should start posting photos of her culinary creations!!! make us even more jealous (and drool!!!) xxx

I agree the salmon does sound good - even though I don't like prawns. It's one of those foods I really wish I liked but just can't get on with at all. I have tried numerous times hoping that eventually I'll get it but no, it's a texture thing. I can't say that about many foods alas.

Hope you had a good day today x

Aww cheers girls, all I did was cooked the prawns from frozen in a frying pan and added a little sweet chilli sauce plus extra chilli powder for heat, then when they were cooked through added the juice of half a lime and some chopped basil, the water produced a bit of a sauce! You could easily omit the prawns and just do it for the salmon yum yum ! The chilli noodles are lovely but fairly high on the old syns (3) compared to plain straight to wok noodles which are 1.5 per pouch, and of course plain dried noodles are free!! Ellebear, I should really get my act together on piccies but I always forget and devour the food b4 I remember, plus presentation isn't always fantastic! X

Last edited:
Week 71- Day 6 (Sun)- Extra Easy- Working night shift (7.30pm-8am).

Early morning in work- 6am- Fruit salad of chopped pear, kiwi fruit, strawberries and orange. A banana & custard Mullerlight.

At home- 9am- Tomato & herb Mugshot.

Tea- 5.30pm- 1/2 tin sweetcorn (leftover). Spirali pasta with roast chicken, 1/2 stirfry veg pack, wilted baby spinach and 1 tbspn red pesto (2.5 syns). An orange.

Snack in work with coffee- Deluxe chocolate HIFI bar (HEXb). 2 Cadburys mini fingers (1.5 syns) and a few peanut M&Ms (3 syns).

Work break- Asda wholemeal pitta (6 syns) with 28g cheddar (HEXa) and salad (mixed leaves, rocket, red onion, red pepper and beetroot). Fruit salad of chopped pear, strawberries and orange.

Total syns 13.

Last edited:
Ooh I like the sound of that pitta for lunch, think I might have to make one of those for tomorrow!! xxxxxx

Back