FUNCURLS FOOD DIARY, BLOG and CHIT CHAT!! New target set!!

You shouldn't be disappointed because you know that your body always puts on when it's your * week. You will lose next week, so don't give up!

Don't be disappointed *week (why the H do they call it that!??! ;)) is just a pain in the butt all round really. You've been on course all week, just keep on doing that and it will pay off next week I'm certain. Sucks being a woman sometimes eh? :rolleyes:

You just keep on going as well as you have. You are brilliant :party0011: and I'm cheering you on.

Thanks so much for your support hun, much appreciated! These things are always hard to swallow, but we come through the other end stronger and more determined!! Wanted to give you a rep but told I have to spread the love!! XxX

I usually wake up feeling positive and raring to go the morning after a bad weigh in result but for some reason I can't seem to shake off the blues this morning! I was finally feeling that I was breaking new ground for myself and not dilly-dallying around the same weight that I've been since 15th November, actually feeling that the finishing line was close! I'm sure it is just down to *week (and thats probably the cause of being down in the dumps!) but I'm now doubting myself and my ability to go any further with my weight loss! Silly I know, but had to get it down in writing! X

Best to get it all out on here. But please try not to doubt yourself you are doing so well and you WILL get there. I get all grumpy and low on *week too so it probably is that. Just keep going but DO give yourself a little treat today. Ok? xx

Red Riding Hood said:
Best to get it all out on here. But please try not to doubt yourself you are doing so well and you WILL get there. I get all grumpy and low on *week too so it probably is that. Just keep going but DO give yourself a little treat today. Ok? xx

Thanks Red, you are so supportive!! I'm feeling cheerier now because met up with a pal in town, lovely to have a good giggle! Went to Ask for lunch and chose a Mediterranean chicken & king prawn casserole which was small and must have been negligible in syns, served with salad and bread, just had to syn the bread XxX

Hey hun, just wanted to check in - haven't been around for a while! You're doing absolutely fantastically - those 3lbs will be off next week and you'll get that shiny new sticker, I know you will xxx

aww hun, don't be too down on yourself, I always put 2lb on *week, its just one of those tricks of nature, you will see it fly off next week! xx

Hi Devon, lovely to hear from you, haven't seen you around for a while! How are you doing? And thanks Tina also, isn't *week a pain!! our bodies have a lot to answer for sometimes but we certainly thank them when we have a good one, so I've just got to look forward to the next time that happens!! Thanks for the vote of confidence guys!!

Well my feeling 'down in the dumps' about my gain has suddenly pailed into insignificance this evening!! Some of you (Ellebear, Claireybella, Loopylou, Meli) may remember last June my best friend from home (Exeter)'s Mum passing away suddenly aged 55/me doing a reading in funeral and breaking down crying etc.?! I just found out today the devastating news that her sister (aged 35) passed away in her sleep last night!! She was also a dear friend of mine! She had had lots of health problems and wasn't expected to live to an old age, but it is a very very big shock! This is the second young friend of mine to pass away in one month!! I don't think I can take any more bad news! It's one knock after another at the moment including some bad news about my Mum's CT scan results regarding her ovarian cancer (thankfully she's well at present- long may that continue!!) Having a bad run of it! All I can say though is it's teaching me not to sweat too much about the small trivial things in life!! Going down to Exeter tomorrow to see my friend Nancy and just be there for her!X

Last edited:
Week 70- Day 1 (Tues)- Extra Easy- Annual leave.

Breakfast- 3 egg omlette with red onion and mushrooms. 2 Joe's sausages. A clementine.

Lunch- 'Ask' with friend- Mediterranean casserole with chicken, king prawns and veg in a tomato sauce (small portion- ?2 syns) with salad and bread (HEXb + 6 syns).

Coffee with semi-skimmed milk (?max 0.5 syns).

Summer fruits Alpen light bar (3.5 syns).

Tea at home- 8.30pm- 2 Joe's hot & spicy chicken steaks with Chips (Actifried with Frylight) and mixed salad leaves with cherry tomatoes and beetroot. Banana & custard Mullerlight.

Total syns 12. Did not have most of HEXa tut tut!

Last edited:
Week 70- Day 2 (Wed)- Red day- Annual leave.

Breakfast- 10am- 3 egg scramblette with smoked salmon and herbs. Fresh pineapple and blueberries.

Lunch- more snacks throughout afternoon really than lunch- still full from breakfast and in the car then straight to friend's house to console her for the loss of her sister so little time to eat properly!

In car 12.30- 2 jumbo salt & vinegar
Snack-a-Jacks (4 syns).

3pm- A snack size pack of sweet chilli Ryvita Minis (2/3 HEXb). A handful of grapes.

Tea at my parents- 7.30pm- 2 small Joe's hot & spicy chicken steaks (sliced) with salad- mixed leaves, spring onions, red pepper, beetroot, cherry tomatoes, a hard-boiled egg, quartered. A small pot of Asda black pepper cottage cheese. 1 tspn xl salad cream (1 syn) and a drizzle of light french dressing (0.5 syns). A cherry Mullerlight.

Snack- 10pm- 1 Ryvita (1/3 HEXb) with 18g cheddar (Most HEXa).

Dashes semi-skimmed milk in 2 cups tea and 2 cups coffee (part HEXa).

Total syns 5.5.
Didn't actually realise it was a red day until the end of the day when I realised I hadn't eaten any green day stuff, but too full to bother having any extra HEXs!

Last edited:
Sending you lots of love and hugs hun xxx

Back