FUNCURLS FOOD DIARY, BLOG and CHIT CHAT!! New target set!!

Week 1 - Day 3 (Thurs)- Extra Easy. Working night shift 7.30pm-8am.

Brunch- 2 poached eggs on 1 slice wholemeal toast (HEXb). 1/2 tbspn brown sauce (0.5 syns). Fresh pineapple chunks.

Late afternoon- Courgette and mint fritatta (eggs, courgette, sliced potato, fresh mint, fresh coriander).

Before work- Lemon & coriander couscous stirfried with leftover roast chicken breast and veg (Brussels sprouts, baby carrots, green beans, broccoli), Nandos x hot piri-piri sauce (0.5 syns).

Work food- Chilli & cumin spiced salmon fillet with a slice of courgette & mint frittata (see earlier) and leftover veg (Brussels sprouts, baby carrots, green beans and brocolli). A rhubarb Mullerlight (1 syn). Angela's chocolate cake (approx 20 syns-why oh why oh why?!!!) Must make tomorrow as low syn as possible!!

Semi-skimmed milk in tea and coffee (part HEXa).

Total syns 22 .

Last edited:
awww thanks so much hun, you look A-MAZ-ING in those photos!!! Huge congrats again! xxx :)

reallyneedtodothis said:
awww thanks so much hun, you look A-MAZ-ING in those photos!!! Huge congrats again! xxx :)

Aww thanks Tina! Wish I believed it, but hey- always the self-critic! I appreciate the compliment though! XxX

Hey Clairey/fellow WI lady!! I didn't realise you did it too!! Great innit!! It certainly makes you attend too!! Harder to chicken out on a bad week:eek: How are you getting on this week hun?X

That's the way I look at it too, plus I get to know everyone too. There have been a couple of times when I've weighed everyone and then gone and not stayed for IT, but only if it's been a bank holiday or I was so hungry I was gonna pass out! Eeekk!!

Doing okay, I think? The scales weren't nice on Tuesday morning after the hen weekend (and neither were the photos:( Had an incredibly down day after feeling and looking fat, and disappointed in mysef) but I'm on day 3 of being 100%, and I feel better in myself now. It's kind of why I wanted to get weighed on Wednesday, shock tactics and all that, but still, I'll just continue and take whatever the scales say on Monday. What about you? Are you powing that celebration gain away?

Claireybella said:
That's the way I look at it too, plus I get to know everyone too. There have been a couple of times when I've weighed everyone and then gone and not stayed for IT, but only if it's been a bank holiday or I was so hungry I was gonna pass out! Eeekk!!

Doing okay, I think? The scales weren't nice on Tuesday morning after the hen weekend (and neither were the photos:( Had an incredibly down day after feeling and looking fat, and disappointed in mysef) but I'm on day 3 of being 100%, and I feel better in myself now. It's kind of why I wanted to get weighed on Wednesday, shock tactics and all that, but still, I'll just continue and take whatever the scales say on Monday. What about you? Are you powing that celebration gain away?

Well I'm on plan and have all the best intentions in the world, DETERMINED to at least get back into target range (I went out of range by 1/2lb!) but I accidentally fell into some of my friend Angs chocolate cake last nite on nite shift during a weak moment! I reckon about 20 syns worth of damage was done! Sooo angry with myself, but did have lots of syns left over yest and I'm hardly having any syns today so HOPEFULLY it'll be ok! Ooh its a battle sometimes! Glad you're back on top of things again, and sorry to hear you had a moment of feeling so down in yourself! I think sometimes this is just a case of being a woman, or even just 'human' XxX

Week 1- Day 4 (Fri)- Extra Easy- Working night shift 7.30pm-8am.

Early in work- Strawberries, kiwi fruit and orange.
At home before bed- A slice of courgette & mint frittata (see yest).

After waking up- Roast chicken Mugshot (0.5 syns). 28g pomegranate and raspberry wheats (HEXb) with sliced banana and 150ml skimmed milk (3/7 HEXa).

Work food- Chilli and maple glazed salmon fillet (1 syn) with salad (lettuce, tomato, red pepper, red chilli, red onion). Light choices honey & mustard dressing (1 syn). Slice of courgette & mint frittata (see yest). Fat free Greek yogurt

Semi-skimmed milk in cups of tea and coffee (part HEXa) .

Total syns 2.5

Last edited:
Week 1- Day 5 (Sat)- Extra Easy- Working night shift 7.30pm-8am.

Early in work- Creamy cheese Mugshot (2 syns).

At home before bed- Strawberries, kiwi fruit and orange.

After waking up/before work- A corn-on-the-cob, Ainsley Harriot spice sensation couscous (1 syn) stirfried with shredded leftover chicken and vegetables (green pepper, yellow pepper, courgette, red onion, red chilli). A salmon fillet with maple syrup (0.5 syns) and chilli.

Work food- A corn-on-the-cob, Ainsley Harriot spice sensation couscous (1 syn) stirfried with shredded leftover chicken and vegetables (green pepper, yellow pepper, courgette, red onion, red chilli)- Same as earlier! Salad (Romaine lettuce, cucumber, vine tomato, green pepper, red onion, red chilli, 3 Babybel lights- HEXa, balsamic vinegar). A Kelloggs dark choc/almond bar (HEXb).

Semi-skimmed milk in cups of tea and coffee (3 syns).

1/2 choc chip cookie (3 syns).

Total syns- 10.5

Last edited:
Week 1- Day 6 (Sun)- Extra Easy- Working night shift 7.30pm-8am.

At home before bed- Strawberries, kiwi fruit and mango. A raspberry Activia fat free Snackpot.

On waking up- 2 crumpets (10 syns!!) with 2 LC light triangles (2 syns) and Marmite.

Before work- 3-egg omelette with green pepper, red chilli and courgette.

Work food- Jacket potato with Asda chickpea dahl (tinned) with 28g grated cheddar HEXa).

Total syns 12 (didn't have HEXb- could cheat and deduct 6 syns for this reason but I'm a good girl!!)

Last edited:
Boohoo!! Feeling sad noone's coming to visit me here anymore!! Sob sob!! X
I'm here, I'm here,. Please don't shout at me - just had a manic weekend.

Might be joining you soon. Lost an unexpected 2 lbs this week leaving me just 1 kg short of target. GASP!

Might even make our challenge if I really try and pull my finger out.

PS Why aren't you in bed having just come off nights?

I'm here, I'm here,. Please don't shout at me - just had a manic weekend.

Might be joining you soon. Lost an unexpected 2 lbs this week leaving me just 1 kg short of target. GASP!

Might even make our challenge if I really try and pull my finger out.

PS Why aren't you in bed having just come off nights?

Awww Bev, you've saved my life!! (Well my soul at least lol!!) It's lonely here at target!!! Well actually I may well still be OUT of target and paying next time at class as I just weighed and looks like I've STS since last week! I'll be extremely lucky if I've lost the 1/2lb needed to get back into target range again!! Grrwwww it's very frustrating not least because I've been pretty damn good this week and been very adamant saying "NO!!!" to several cake opportunities and also pizza in work as I wanted to see the results this week!! I gave into SOME cake but was generous on estimating 20 syns and have cut back on other days....But sometimes the scales are on our side and sometimes they're against us, which is the natural way of things!! So I've just gotta ride with it, be patient and look forward to a nice loss next WI which won't be next week but the week after!! As my own scales are within 1/2lb of the SW ones I think I'll weigh myself next Mon evening (it's Dai's bday and my parents are staying with us hence the reason for missing class!) so at least I'll have a good idea where I am and stay on track!! I weigh myself each morning nowadays and not sure whether or not this is healthy!! I always said I wouldn't do that as scale hopping is an obsession I'd quite like to avoid, but I do actually think it helps/will help to keep me focused in the long run! Anyway I'm pretty confident that the lack of loss this week is down to a combination of *week and having just done pesky nights! I FEEL really bloated in my tum but my clothes feel fine so I'm not worried!! This is how it works sometimes! Endov!!!

So rant over, and over to you!! Just commented on the challenge thread- well done on your loss!! This is great news and the last 2lb/1 kilo is yours for the taking next week with a little focus!! YOU CAN DO IT- WHOOP WHOOP!!! It feels great being on track again doesn't it!! XXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

I'll visit...all kicks up the bum needed to get me back to Target! x

Hey Kirstabubble!! Hope you're OK hun, you can do it!! What's standing in your way?? (asks she who is about to find out she's had a STS or gain this week keeping me out of target range when I'd desperately hoped I'd be back in it this week after being pretty good on the whole!!!)XXXXXX

Week 1- Day 7 (Mon)- Extra Easy- Day off...yaaayyy!

Early morning in work- Mango and orange (chopped). 2 apples. A raspberry Activia fat free Snackpot.

At home before bed- Roasted veg and tomato couscous Mugshot (1.5 syns).

On waking up- A raspberry Activia fat free Snackpot with a meringue nest (2.5 syns).

Before WI- Weetabix milk choc Oatybar (HEXb).

After WI-

To be continued....

funcurls said:
Hey Kirstabubble!! Hope you're OK hun, you can do it!! What's standing in your way?? (asks she who is about to find out she's had a STS or gain this week keeping me out of target range when I'd desperately hoped I'd be back in it this week after being pretty good on the whole!!!)XXXXXX

Well, nothing standing in the way as such. But basically, I was a bridesmaid for my bestie last month and about six weeks before the wedding, we realised my dress was huge. Long story short, we couldn't swap it, couldn't alter it, so I just took a break from SW for a bit. And the break was a bit longer than I had intended. But I'm back in the zone now and gonna get myself back into a different dress for another friends wedding next year (so I've got time!).

You'll get back into target range, no worries! xxx

Hi Heather !!!! Sorry to have neglected you but I am back on track again now Gill has gone home.

Hope all is well at your next WI .

I had a Hev style omelet today. Delicious !!!

hugs :bighug:

Thanks Hevs - I've been good'ish today and hope to keep it up all work.
I really would like to complete our little challenge!

So how did tonights WI go chica?

Last edited:
Back