FUNCURLS FOOD DIARY, BLOG and CHIT CHAT!! New target set!!

Hi Bev, I lost 1/2lb which was what I needed to get back into target range!!! Psychologically its a relief- nothing to do with not having to pay next time- its simply that I don't feel like I've 'failed' at maintaining! Of course I'd like to get back to my Target weight of 10 st 10 as soon as poss and then I can focus on moving onto chipping away on that next half stone I've moved the goalpost by! You can sooo achieve that 2lb by next week to complete the challenge!

Ooh both my Spanish friends (well practically lol) in one place! Hi Sue, hope all's well and glad your on top of things again! I'm telling you, omelettes are a total life-saver! XxxxX

Last edited:
kirstabubble said:
Well, nothing standing in the way as such. But basically, I was a bridesmaid for my bestie last month and about six weeks before the wedding, we realised my dress was huge. Long story short, we couldn't swap it, couldn't alter it, so I just took a break from SW for a bit. And the break was a bit longer than I had intended. But I'm back in the zone now and gonna get myself back into a different dress for another friends wedding next year (so I've got time!).

You'll get back into target range, no worries! xxx

Well I did it! Lost the 1/2 lb I needed to get back into target range....next goal to get back to Target itself (3 lb away!) Well you're here now sweetie and ready to deal with it! So good on you! I personally don't see anything wrong with having a break from the plan for a while, to relax a bit and take the pressure off a little!!! As long as things don't get out of hand...I think that's the key! To keep the damage correctable and get back on it as soon as possible! I know u have in the region of a stone to nip in the bud, but you'll soon break the back of that! Perhaps you could use Chrimbo as a Target, which is 13 weeks away! XxX

Yay - well done Hevs. Psychology play a bit part in this dieting lark.

Mine is to get 1 lb under 12 st. Hubby just can't understand it. He just keeps saying "Why is it so important to get undet 12?" and I really can't give him an answer. It is totally psychological with me too. I have to get under 12 st! Crazy isn't it? I'll still technically be overweight but I'll be ecstatic when I achieve it!

HEVS!! I am so, so pleased for you getting to target. You've been an utter inspiration ever since I joined here, and it's awesome to see you have made your goal. And that you're back within your range! They do say that maintaining is so much harder that losing it in the first place. I still feel so far from target that if I think about it too hard, all I've accomplished is (sometimes) outweighed by the massive mountain I have yet to climb. Your story, as well as others, just makes me want to carry on even more. xx

LittleSausage said:
HEVS!! I am so, so pleased for you getting to target. You've been an utter inspiration ever since I joined here, and it's awesome to see you have made your goal. And that you're back within your range! They do say that maintaining is so much harder that losing it in the first place. I still feel so far from target that if I think about it too hard, all I've accomplished is (sometimes) outweighed by the massive mountain I have yet to climb. Your story, as well as others, just makes me want to carry on even more. xx

Hey sweetiepie! Soo lovely to see you here again!! We've missed you and your fun personality and wisdom, as well as your amazing success (and also pics of u in posh frocks lol! ) You HAVE accomplished an awful lot so be proud of yourself! And although it may seem like a mountain to climb still think of the mountains as little hillocks, to be climbed one step at a time! Keep focussing on mini-goals which as you have already experienced all add up! Look 4ward to chatting more and thanx for your kind words! I can't believe I've done it, but I am a bit scared about maintaining- I lack discipline when I haven't got something to aim for, which is why I want to go for another 1/2 stone from my original T! XxX

So pleased for you Heather.

I am sure you will maintain well because you want it so much.

You are one of my inspirational people on this site. You work shift work and work hard and have never let that get in the way or become an excuse to slip.

I am just off for a Hev omelet. Can not start my day without one these days..........so satisfying.

Big hugs:bighug:

I'm still here Daaahhhling!!!

Just don't get on quite so much these days (lots of reasons.....) but I love your diary so I'm not going anywhere.

I've been a bit hit and miss with the challenge too but I'm well back on it and looking forward to a new one. I have 8lb to get back to my target and I want to do this by Christmas so we're pretty much on the same goal aren't we!!!

Have a lovely SW day xxxx

Yow ok Hevs? Not like you to be MIA all day.

Heather......here's my new user name ( aka Loopeylou )

I'm so proud of you hunny and very very much in awe of your achievement.
Sorry not said anything earlier, I've sent you a message but not excuse :eek:

Your journey has been fantastic, full of life's challenges and you've shown eveyone with alot of determination your can succeed.
So so proud of you :D
xx

Helloooooooooooo.......you o.k.

:bighug:

I think she is hiding from us cos we is baaaaaaad !!!!:hide:

I think she is hiding from us cos we is baaaaaaad !!!!:hide:

It would definitly seem that way!!

Maybe she's getting us back for when we didnt pop on here for a few days :p

It would definitly seem that way!!

Maybe she's getting us back for when we didnt pop on here for a few days :p
It's working! :eek:
But I'm getting worried - she is NEVER away for this long.

Has anyone PM-ed her or anyone have a phone number ???:sigh:

BOO!!!!:8855:

Ooh you guuuyyyss!! You crack me up!! You can call off the search party now!!! I'm away from here for a couple of days and people think I've dropped dead or left the country!! I think this is a bad sign as it probably means I normally spend far too much time here!!! I'm very touched by your concern though Bev, Sue and Jess!!! Especially as I had previously made such a song and dance about people NOT visiting me here anymore on my food diary!!! Speaking of which, you may have noticed a lack of the aforementioned food diary!! Achhemm!!! Well I'm afraid it's bad news- after the 1/2lb loss on Monday which got me back into 'target range'- which wasn't actually good enough as I was still 3lb up from Target/lowest weight, I have done nothing but eat (rubbish!!) since Monday WI!!! Unlike my usual restrained self on night shifts, on Tues night I ate M&S chocolate teacakes, choccie biscuits and chocolate brownie bites until sugar and fat were coming out of my ears! And last night I ate enough cake to sink a ship!! And it hasn't even stopped there!! I've generally been in 'picking mode', having a bit of this, a bit of that, grazing on the wrong things like chocolate, bread and cheese!! And it's not as if there isn't a perfectly healthy and nourishing lamb stew in the fridge that Dai made which would fill me up and keep me going nicely!! I don't know what's wrong with me- I'm missing next Mon's WI due to parents coming to stay for a few days (arriving Sat) and it being Dai's bday on Mon, so it's probably a case of performing the old trick of rebelling because I know I've got time to pull it back, but now I've opened the floodgates it's much easier said than done!!! it's not as if I haven't been in this position before, but I'm disgusted with myself for being on self-destruct and behaving in a way that is going to cause damage and make me feel low and as soon as I weigh myself (I'm currently pretending my home scales don't exist!!) I'm going to have a nasty shock!! I know I have to nip this in the bud but it's difficult! I'm in that horrible place at the moment, feeling like it's the hardest thing in the world to (as Pesty puts it) 'flick that switch' and go back to 'proper' eating and behaviour!!! I felt like a bit of a failure in class on Monday when a lady who has been at Target for 2 years now said she finds it hard to maintain but she has never once actually gone out of target range!! I then piped up that I'd managed to do that in one week!!! I think this threw me and made me feel negative about myself and doubting my ability to keep this going.. !!! OK rant over!!!! Hope you haven't switched off....:cry:XXXXXXXXXX :break_diet:XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Last edited:
Heather......here's my new user name ( aka Loopeylou )

I'm so proud of you hunny and very very much in awe of your achievement.
Sorry not said anything earlier, I've sent you a message but not excuse :eek:

Your journey has been fantastic, full of life's challenges and you've shown eveyone with alot of determination your can succeed.
So so proud of you :D
xx

Thank you so much Claire!! It was so lovely to hear from you!! I will continue our chat under your new name!! I like the name DiamondX!! It sounds strong, powerful and resilient, just like you!!! (Not that I think you're a rough diamond....dig dig lol!!) XXXXX

Back