FUNCURLS FOOD DIARY, BLOG and CHIT CHAT!! New target set!!

Week 6- Day 3 (Thurs)- Extra Easy.

Breakfast....OK pleeease don't judge me....leftover cottage pie (see Tues). 28g cheddar (HEXa). An apple.

Lunch- Oriental lamb stew (using lean lamb and all the veg under the sun- there's a big vat of it so expect to see it on food diaries every day for the next few days!!! Veg: potatoes, carrots, parsnips, swede, leeks, onion, garlic, spring onion, baby plum tomatoes, asparagus, green beans, mangetout, peas, red peppers, red chillies, mushrooms, root ginger, coriander!!) A slice of wholemeal bread (HEXb).

Tea- Chunky chicken tikka salad with Ainsley spice sensation couscous (1.5 syns). 1 tbspn hot chilli ketchup (1 syn).

Milk in cups of tea (1 syn).

Total syns 3.5.

Week 6- Day 4 (Fri)- Extra Easy. Working 7.30am-8pm.

Before work- 3-egg omelette with ham, courgette, orange pepper, mushroom and red chilli. Hot chilli ketchup (1 syn).

Work break 1- Chunky chicken tikka salad (with Romaine lettuce, tomatoes, cucumber, spring onion, sweet red pepper, red chilli, balsamic vinegar, Nandos xx hot piri piri sauce (0.5 syns). XL salad cream ( 2 syns). A strawberry Activia fat free Snackpot.

1 Celebrations chocolate (Creme egg twister- 2.5 syns) and 1 chocolate finger (1.5 syns).

Work break 2- Oriental lamb stew (see yest). 3 baby clementines.

Snack at home in evening- Miniscule bit of bread- hardly worth mentioning but better had! (2 syns) with honey (1 syn). Bear cocoa cherry pie granola bites (HEXb). 3 baby clementines.

Milk in cups of tea (<1/2 HEXa).

Total syns 10.5

Last edited:
Breakfast....OK pleeease don't judge me....leftover cottage pie (see Tues). 28g cheddar (HEXa). An apple.
Hevs - my 2 favourite breakfasts are left-over and reheated chilli and - wait for it - paella.

So would I judge you for a measly little bit of cottage pie?

Loopeylou said:
I really need to get done of those bear nibbles, they sound delicious!! Popping to shops tom after work so will have a look :)
I joined group tonight, was great and there a really friendly bunch, looking forward to next week now.
Hope your well xx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Hey hun, well done on taking that big and scary step of joining a class! It's half the battle when people are so friendly! Exciting stuff! I'm quite new to the Bear nibbles myself and I'm very impressed because they taste quite naughty but they're allowed so everyone's a winner!! Looking 4ward to hearing how its going for you! XxX

Pommette said:
Hevs - my 2 favourite breakfasts are left-over and reheated chilli and - wait for it - paella.

So would I judge you for a measly little bit of cottage pie?

Pheweeee this means I'm normal?! Who knew....lol x

Just a quickie to say - I had tuna pasta for my brekkie yesterday! and it was lush! :D I would like to say that we are all perfectly normal........but......errrrrrr...... ha ha xx Food is looking lush Hevs :D xx

Week 6- Day 5 (Sat)- Extra Easy.

Breakfast- 28g porridge (HEXb) made with water and sweetener with a sliced banana.

Mid morning- A Snickers bar (15 syns..whoops!)

Pepperdew peppers filled with approx 40g Low Low spreadable cheese with hot peppers and chilli (approx 3/4 HEXa).

Tea- Oriental lamb stew (see Wed)- I know, I know, change the record!! Thing is it's free, packed with veg and really really yummy (plus there's loads to get through!!) With 1/4 bought Maris Piper mash-shared with dh (1 syn).

1 mini cola Chupa Chup (0.5 syn). 2 oranges.

Milk in cups of tea (1/4 HEXa)

Total syns 16.5

Last edited:
So I'm feeling stressed out!! Our changeover lady who does our cottages has told us she can't do it anymore as her arthritis is getting worse and she needs an operation on her shoulder! Bless her, she's in her 60's and has suffered with it for a while now so I knew the day would come! We've had 3 years of good reliable work from her, which included taking all the bedlinen home to wash and iron which was a total Godsend! The problem now is either finding someone else who is just as reliable, or taking on all the work myself. The problem with the first is that it's hard to find someone to do the work, which is mainly on Saturdays, especially someone reliable and flexible, and the problem with the latter is that I already work full time which sometimes includes Saturdays and Friday nights and quite frankly it's a hell of a lot of extra work especially with all the washing, drying and ironing! It also means that I'm tied down and can't go away anywhere unless I find someone to do it for me on the odd occasion!! Aaaaghhhhhh!!!

Oh Hevs - that's a real bummer.

You need to find a cleaner chica, there's no way you can do all those Summer turnrounds on 2 rentals with your job.
It's hard to do 2 on one day - trust me, I know!

Plus it's not just the Saturday is it? It's all the extra washing and ironing in the week too. So get hunting Heather.

Just left a post og Challenge thread - I've lost the plot!

Oh Hevs - that's a real bummer.

You need to find a cleaner chica, there's no way you can do all those Summer turnrounds on 2 rentals with your job.
It's hard to do 2 on one day - trust me, I know!

Plus it's not just the Saturday is it? It's all the extra washing and ironing in the week too. So get hunting Heather.

Just left a post og Challenge thread - I've lost the plot!

Thanks Bev- I'll certainly put some feelers out! I've just done the apartment and I'm exhausted, because it needed a particularly good clean! When I pulled out the bed, the settees, the TV cabinet, the wardrobes and a whole host of other things there was dirt, dust, dog hair and cobwebs galore behind them! It took me 3 hours to do what normally should take about 1 1/2 hours, but I am a bit of a perfectionist...OCD more like! Luckily there's noone coming into the 2 bedroomed cottage today, no booking until next Sat, but I want to get it sorted this weekend so it's not hanging over me!:sigh: The problem is that not many people want work on a Saturday so may have to change to a Fri-Fri changeover to get more interest! And it would have to be someone local or someone willing to drive! It doesn't help being a control freak because there are going to be so many stresses about hiring someone new! At least with my lapsed cleaner, it was a case of better the devil I knew!!

Thanks for the PM re the challenge, I'll get onto it!!X

Last edited:
Just taken a leaf outta your book Hev and did a chicken dish that I used a HL Thai chicken soup for the sauce was Amazing!!
I hope you manage to find someone reliable to take over the cleaning

Back