Funny comments in supermarket

northone

I was in my local Tesco this morning and had several strange comments from other shoppers.

I had a lady ask me why I was reading the food labels in such detail - obviously I told her I was looking at carb/fat/sugar content, then she walked off looking all bemused!

I got another comment from a man in the checkout queue, this time about the 6x1.5ltr Evian and my bag of apples. I told him it was a regular purchase and he proceeded to inform me it was a waste of money because you can grow your own apples and get water from the tap!

How rude!! Glad I dont shop in your Tesco, cant imagine what theyd make of me wandering about with my points calculator in my hand lol

I always read food labels. I want to know exactly what I'm putting into my body!

Never been picked up on it, thank goodness.

Don't go for the bottled water though. Don't trust it. Prefer fresh...but that's just me.:)

Glad I'm not near your Tescos :D

i do buy at least 4 if not 5 5litre bottles of water every week. i swear some people think im mad but our water is full of limescale so i cant drink it. sometimes i bring a bottle of two and refil at my mum's they have lovely cool fresh water from the well. if only they lived closer :(

How rude of them. Was the guy at the check out queue the cashier or another customer? I can't imagine what the owner would think of a cashier telling someone their purchase was a waste of money. More people should be reading labels whether they are dieting or not. It just makes sense to know what you're eating.

ha!
i'd play on it if i was you, if someone asked me why was checking the labels, you should give them a bit of a mad answer and then see them squirm!! x

Have you thought of buying a water filter jug and just refilling the bottles, better on your purse and the environment. ( doing my bit to be green) LOL

Have you thought of buying a water filter jug and just refilling the bottles, better on your purse and the environment. ( doing my bit to be green) LOL

yeah well i have a filter system here that we got put into the house and i do use it for tea and that i just dont drink it i know im mad!! i do recycle the bottles though!! :)

I am looking into getting an inline filter fitted (from aquacure.co.uk) as the tap water is not that great to taste - probably get one for the office too as a few of us a doing diets.

Our company recycling policy now caters for the vast amounts of plastic bottles.

My recycling box only has evian bottles in, the binben think I'm weird.

I didnt drink a drop of water before CD so when our fridge needed replacing we decided to spend extra on one that has a dispenser in it so the water is filtered and ice cubes at the press of a button. I know this sounds extravagant but i can now drink loads of water and the kids do too so it was worth the extra.

Back