Funny Supermarket Observations!! (Food Mentioned)

lol funniest thread i'v seen for a while. I used to work in a supermarket and saw a few weird trolleys but that cat litter sandwich thing was hilarious!

i did a market research group last week to which we have to take a weeks worth of super market reciets..... imagine my embarrassment when the only 3 i had were for ice and bottled water... 24L each time!! i was slightly embarrassed and explained i had 'lost' my food one!! lol

lolol
I always grimace when I see people eating from those little dishes on the deli counter!

My firend works at sains ont he deli and she say's never ever touch that food as people pick stuff up and put it back to choose another piece or sneeze over it, take a bit and put it back... etc etc.... that and bowls of nibbles in a bar!! Never touch!
Surprising as well how many people open packs and eat all the way around the store giving the checkout girl empty packs to scan!
:)
x

So so true. What's even worse is, back in my college days, when I worked in a Cakeshop of a leading supermarket .... *cough*Morrisons*cough*.... they used put out of date food in those try before you buy dishes. Saved my department manager having to 'waste' it. So yes, most Morrisons management would condone poisoning the general population as long as they don't go over their wastage allowance. Must shut up about that now, since h2b was assistant manager at said Morrisons store when we met. He left when he realised how dodgy that company was (and still is...)

Now h2b manages for Booths, which is a Lancs/Yorks based chain of slightly higher quality stores. He is constantly getting the most outrageous requests for customers orders. Like the woman who wanted '100% Fat Free' duck breast. He told her to ask the in-store butcher to take the fat and skin off for her- she told him she actually wanted a guarantee the meat had no fat in it. And yes, the rest of her trolley was full of cr*p.

Sorry have to jump in here about daft requests....My daughter doing work experience at a pet shop recently was asked by a lady for a leash that would fit a tortoise!!!

Hmmmmmm that would be one leisurely stroll!!!

x

I am a bit of a freak though as I carry a hand anti bac spray that I se instead of hand washing because according to research using the handbasins in public loos isnt that savoury either.....
Maybe a bit of OCD as I open loo doors with my sleeve too!!
We'll be freaks together hun I do that too!:D:p

Thanks for all the giggles everyone. I think it's human nature to have a nosey into other peoples shopping habits. At the moment it's weird not doing my usual amount of shopping as I only have to buy for my 13 year old daughter. I will be looking around with more interest at the checkout this week!

So so true. What's even worse is, back in my college days, when I worked in a Cakeshop of a leading supermarket .... *cough*Morrisons*cough*.... they used put out of date food in those try before you buy dishes. Saved my department manager having to 'waste' it. So yes, most Morrisons management would condone poisoning the general population as long as they don't go over their wastage allowance. Must shut up about that now, since h2b was assistant manager at said Morrisons store when we met. He left when he realised how dodgy that company was (and still is...)

Now h2b manages for Booths, which is a Lancs/Yorks based chain of slightly higher quality stores. He is constantly getting the most outrageous requests for customers orders. Like the woman who wanted '100% Fat Free' duck breast. He told her to ask the in-store butcher to take the fat and skin off for her- she told him she actually wanted a guarantee the meat had no fat in it. And yes, the rest of her trolley was full of cr*p.

Aye but it was fat free crap - see most slimming plans sold from commercial dieting clubs emphasise the avoidance of saturated fat as its lower in points/syns/checks etc

So a pack of Haribo - lowish points, but a good bit of food? use with caution, as its the points/syns/checks that people seem to get caught up in and not the nutritional value of the food. Saying that I cant really talk or I wouldn't be on CD would I? ;)

Oh and I also love looking in peoples trolleys, and I look at what they order in restaurants too....

*Leans over*
"Excuse me, but that looks lovely what is it?/ Where did you find it in the supermarket?"
"Its X or I found it in Y aisle"
"Cheers"
*toddles off*

I am terribly nosy.

I went shopping yesterday and in my basket was a leftover receipt...someone had brought 3 packets of onion ring crunchy snacks and a packet of Extra strong mints.

I'm guilty of giving empty packets to the checkout girls.... With 2 kids to take shopping I have to keep them entertained somehow.... lol

I also love Booths!! There is one in Chorley & it's fab.... Although I've not been for a while as the food is just too good to resist....

I'm guilty of giving empty packets to the checkout girls.... With 2 kids to take shopping I have to keep them entertained somehow.... lol

I also love Booths!! There is one in Chorley & it's fab.... Although I've not been for a while as the food is just too good to resist....

I guess its a bit different with kids but i get sooooooooooooo cross and embarrassed when my mum does it!! Jesus wait til you get home before you eat lol

Sorry have to jump in here about daft requests....My daughter doing work experience at a pet shop recently was asked by a lady for a leash that would fit a tortoise!!

At least she didn't ask for a leash for her husband.... ;)

H2b was working in Chorley not so long ago, he said its a lovely store (although not as nice as his of course ;)) I love Booths too, the Deli counter is irresistible- especially with a 15% staff discount. I'm also normally the one dragging two kids around and bribing them for peace and quiet with a packet of whatever they might choose, much to Sam's shame.

I'm not allowed to go to Booth's often. I'm banned by my dp.... I spend too much money there on not a lot... lol
Booth's & M&S are off limits on a daily basis.... Bloody spoilsport! lol

I would be exactly the same if it wasn't for the discount. The prices are comparable to most major supermarkets, the problem is that they don't do any value brands, so it adds up.

Lovely company to work for, Sam gets a £60 voucher to spend in store instead of a crappy Christmas gift (which is actually £69 when you add the extra 15% on). We normally blow the lot on alcohol, Booths sell lots of lovely cheap bottled ales for 99p and some nice champagne, but a lot of staff buy 69 scratch cards. Last year one of Sams staff members walked home on Christmas eve with over £3000!

This thread made me giggle a lot and I read some posts out to my OH. Thanks ladies! xxx

When I was a student (many years ago) I worked in a supermarket as a shelf-stacker and you'd be amazed how many people eat half a packet of something then throw the rest up the back of the shelf. We found all sorts of things!!! I remember once they stopped a girl who was leaving the store because they'd seen her shoplifting and, when questioned in the office, she admitted to stealing a bottle of Impulse which she had somehow hidden away in the gusset of her knickers!!!!! To this day, I don't know how she did it!!!! lol

Sorry have to jump in here about daft requests....My daughter doing work experience at a pet shop recently was asked by a lady for a leash that would fit a tortoise!!!

Hmmmmmm that would be one leisurely stroll!!!

x
:8855::8855::8855: Tilly, I am sitting in my house, alone, and the tears are streaming down my face. I am killing myself laughing:D:D

I went shopping yesterday and in my basket was a leftover receipt...someone had brought 3 packets of onion ring crunchy snacks and a packet of Extra strong mints.

This is funny ...atleast they won' have onion breath all day after 3 bags worth, orion rings were one of my downfalls but never again ...poor hubby :)

When I was a student (many years ago) I worked in a supermarket as a shelf-stacker and you'd be amazed how many people eat half a packet of something then throw the rest up the back of the shelf. We found all sorts of things!!! I remember once they stopped a girl who was leaving the store because they'd seen her shoplifting and, when questioned in the office, she admitted to stealing a bottle of Impulse which she had somehow hidden away in the gusset of her knickers!!!!! To this day, I don't know how she did it!!!! lol

AAHAHAHA! Ewwww! Can you just imagine the shoplifter training courses?

"Now ladies, you have a special shoplifting compartment"
"Really? Where? How much can we get in it?"
"Well depends a lot on age, exercises and life. Some of you may find yourselves limited to the odd can on Impulse, others may be able to manoeuvre the Christmas Dinner Turkey in there"

Lexie ROFL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! xxx

Back