Funny taste - is this normal

MrsT

morning,

Day 3 for me and it's going ok. I do feel a bit strange today, light headed and the chocolate orange shake I had this morning was gross and made me feel sick :sign0137:

I also have a really strange taste in my mouth, I cannot explain it but it's quite strong (sorry if too much information!) trying to drink lots of water which has helped a bit. is this normal?

Nina

Hee!Hee! thats that blinkin orange shake its got a disgusting after taste that repeats on you for days!!You may have gone into keto you get a funny taste and dog breath,hope Ive cheered you up(we've all got it)!!
xx

Hi nina, sounds like you are in ketosis, this can make your mouth taste funny like your're chewing some coins!! just keep drinking loads of water, it does get better eventually!!
x

Thats it, it's a metalic taste!!!!

Thanks Ladies

N

PS no more Chocolate Orange shakes for me, that was worse than anything I have ever tasted!

yup, ketosis side affect.
my "normal" taste now feels like I've eaten loads of hard-boiled eggs and not brushed my teeth in a week :(

water, water and more water to flush the taste out, plus mouthwash is a godsend (i got the one you have to shake up, can't remember what its called, but it keeps my breath minty for about an hour or so thankfully :) )

The only thing worse than a choc orange shake is the winter spice, yuk yuk yuk.lol.

I hate the Chocolate orange too yuk! If possible brush your teeth when the metalic taste is there real bad. I keep toothpaste and a brush at work and sometimes need to just go and brush my teeth.

im on day 3 and i got breath that will rival my dogs!! I don't care, small price to pay, i just wont get too close to anyone,ha

Back