Gagging

Mocha

Started CD today and have had the original porridge for breakfast and a banana shake (tetra) for lunch and OMG...

I was wretching and gagging trying to get the porridge down. The banana tetra wasn't as bad but still the chalkiness was making me gag. Are there any sachets that are better than others?

I knew about the sideffects and nausea from my CDC but I'm struggling to get them down without puking (sorry). Any ideas or tips or am I just not suited as I'm struggling to consume them?

I pretty much live on choc mint...

Choc is nice too and the chicken and mushroom soup!

The banana I found lumpy and can no longer stomach Ye porrige!

Hang in there hun!!

Xx

Hi Mocha
Could you water the tetra down, When I felt funny I watered everything down and that helped, make sure you shake the tetras properly and I find if I put tetras in fridge I like them better than room temp. Maybe you'd prefer apple and cinnamon porridge?? I didn't like original porridge. I added cinnamon to that to make it better (not strictly allowed)
Good luck for CD by the way xx

Thanks for the ideas. For the 1st time in my life I'd rather go without that consume those again. Maybe that's how it works, starvation.

I can't stand the original porridge but find the apple one is lovely.

Can't take to the soups either. You will get used to the shakes, soon they will taste fine (hopefully). I struggled with the mineral taste to begin with but got used to it.

Keep going hun, things will improve. Choc mint is a must - is wonderful hot

Charlie xx

Hi Mocha,

I used to love the porridge, but all of a sudden the same happened to me and I gag every time I try it now. I now absolutely love the choc mint, and the strawberry tetras. I put the tetras in the fridge and have them ice cold. I also sometimes add more water to them to bulk them out. Yummy. Another suggestion for the sachets is to add some crushed ice to them - gorgeous. I have my choc mint warm in the evenings and that is absolutely lush. Also absolutely love the mix-a-mousse. Your tastes will change as you progress in the diet. I'd suggest just trying the packs and seeing which ones you really don't like and which ones you love, then try again in a few months. The bars are absolutely gorgeous too. Can't go a day without my choc chewy bar!
Good luck, Hon and just stick to it. It will be sooo worthwhile in the end. :)

Ooooh, yes. Choc chewy bar. Love them.

Last year I lost nearly 5 stone on CD and the only thing I had was choccy shakes.... I couldn't stand the porridge or soups... wasn't keen on the tetra's either as I like to make my shakes up with 2 mugs of water so they are not so concentrated. This time around I like the porridge, I also have vanilla shake with a spoonful of coffee in, the mint choc shakes and I dont mind the chicken and mushroom soup, the oriental chilli and the leek and potato.... my CDC told me to add some pepper and worcestershire sauce and they are really yummy.... strange how our tastebuds change in a year.

everyone on this forum knows I just can't live without my choc mint shake - its just like liquid after eights. God I love them x

I must have very odd taste buds cos I don't mind any of them except the leek and potato soup which I found a bit gloopy.

I have apple and cinamon porridge and really like it.

Never tried the mint choc hot but do make it into a mousse and its totally gorgeous - feels a bit wrong to be having all these sweet flavours though

I love the chilli soup and add a bit of seasoning to the others.

Tried tomato for the first time today and found it odd more than yuck. Not my favourite but think it was nice for a change and seems to have filled me up (unless I had just had enough of it by the time I had finished ;))

Not tried the tetra's as they seemed too small but might get some this week to give them a go.

Oh, yes I definitely agree with you about the porridge, it is so gross.

"porridge" is such a misleading name! It's like baby food! The apple one tastes nicer if you can get past the texture but there is so little of it I can't handle it. So i stick to the choc and vanilla shakes mostly and mix them up with coffee (hot or cold). If I am having lunch with people etc I usually bring one of my soups with me to their houses. For being out I usually bring a choc tetra (keep some in my car) or have black coffee.

I LOVE the porridge lol and like all flavours but dont like the soup - vanilla is my fave :)

"porridge" is such a misleading name! It's like baby food! The apple one tastes nicer if you can get past the texture but there is so little of it I can't handle it. So i stick to the choc and vanilla shakes mostly and mix them up with coffee (hot or cold). If I am having lunch with people etc I usually bring one of my soups with me to their houses. For being out I usually bring a choc tetra (keep some in my car) or have black coffee.

I make the porridge with loads of water and heat for about 3 mins and its so much better :)

I'm getting woried now. Just had the spicey tomato soup and oh dear it was nasty as keeps repeating on me which is really unpleasant.

I didn't anticipate that the CD 'food' would be so unpleasant. I feel like I am dreading the next meal. How will I take them when I'm in ketosis and don't have hunger to spur me toward 'eating'.

Sorry all, I'm feeling rather sorry for myself:(

You have to be careful with the spicy tomato... .you have to make the paste with a tiny bit of cold water and then add the hot and blend blend blend or else it can taste sour.

They are never going to taste as good as conventional food but you should find something that is palatable enough to get you through.

its just about finding something you like , I dont like the porridge or the soups at all , find the consistency nasty . The tetras are very strong ( nicer watered down ) and have a horrid after taste for me , but some of the shakes ( especially the choc mint ) are lush .. trust me , i did lipotrim before CD and they were vile , only 3 flavours and all just salty thick oaty tasting yuck :jelous:
I am totally sure you will find a product or 2 you like :)

Try the choc with 250mls of cold water and 8-10 icecubes all crushed with the blender - I think this is lovely!

I must have very odd taste buds cos I don't mind any of them except the leek and potato soup which I found a bit gloopy.

I have apple and cinamon porridge and really like it.

Never tried the mint choc hot but do make it into a mousse and its totally gorgeous - feels a bit wrong to be having all these sweet flavours though

I love the chilli soup and add a bit of seasoning to the others.

Tried tomato for the first time today and found it odd more than yuck. Not my favourite but think it was nice for a change and seems to have filled me up (unless I had just had enough of it by the time I had finished ;))

Not tried the tetra's as they seemed too small but might get some this week to give them a go.

your not the only one... i dont think i really dislike a pack... i too think that the potato and leek one is a little hmmm funny. and the tomato one is ok, but only if you mix the paste up for about 10 mins first with a spoon before adding the hot water...

Thanks for putting up with my moaning yesterday. Woke up happy today. Loved the choc sachet fot breakfast (added the recomended ice cubes). Had strawberry tetra really cold at work which was lush. Now sipping choc mint and loving it (again with ice). I'm so much happier knowing that I've found nice sachets, feeling that I can deffinetly continue like this. Xx

Back