gagging

Discussion in 'Cambridge Weight Plan' started by kerry_berry, 23 October 2008 Social URL.

1. kerry_berry

kerry_berry Full Member

hi all
    Started this CD this morning and had a banana shake. By the third mouthul I was gagging! It tastes so bad! Please tell me there are other flavours that aren't so horrible!!

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. susan70

susan70 Gold Member

Diet:
    WW
    You just have to try them all to see which you like, personally I love the banana one but I make it hot.xx

4. justwant2beslim

justwant2beslim Full Member

Diet:
    cambridge
    toffee and walnut is really nice
    do not have the cheese and brocolli as that will make you sick
    i also love the chicken and mushroom soup im was not keen on the chilli tasted like lemon grass.
    choc is ok
    have you had the porridge its tastey and feeling and you could have 3 aday if you like.

5. andju

andju I lurve lurve lurve bars

Diet:
    slim and save
    HeeHee!!welcome to CD land,just keep trying them,you will probably love something one week and hate it the next!!The good thing is there are quite a lot of different flavours,the choc tetra is fab xx

6. misscheeky

misscheeky Gold Member

tetra's are yummy, i lived on them!!

7. Miss_B

Miss_B Full Member

Tetra's are amazing !! The banana one makes me gag too, especially when I burp and I can still taste it!! UGH, choc mint and orange are nice. It is a case of trying them all and finding the ones you like. There will be one. Good luck chick x

8. andju

andju I lurve lurve lurve bars

Diet:
    slim and save
    OMG do not try the choc orange yet!!That has a real after taste you will be scarred for life!!Allegedly!!Only my opinion of course!!:D

9. kellymundy

kellymundy Gold Member

Start Weight:
    20st9.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    :sign0137: Chocolate Orange :sign0137:

10. susan70

susan70 Gold Member

Diet:
    WW
    Have to agree about the choc orange, its awful.xx

11. flirty40greeneyes

flirty40greeneyes Busy busy busy!!

Start Weight:
    15st3lb
    Current Weight:
    13st11lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st6lb(9.39%)
    Diet:
    Slim and Save
    LOL isn't life strange! As a CDC there isn't one flavour I don't sell - the most favourites have to be chicken and mushroom and veg as soups, choc, strawberry and choc mint as shakes, choc tetra, and all of the bars.

The only one I really hated was the orange winter spice one they had out last year - yuk! But some of my clients loved it!

12. teenybash

teenybash Full Member

Start Weight:
    18st0lb
    Current Weight:
    16st12lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st2lb
    Lost(%):
    1st2lb(6.35%)
    Diet:
    weight watchers
    ive tried all the soups and the only one to turn my stomach was the broccoli and cheese. with the shakes im not too sure ive only got choco mint and strawberry and both are good. its just a case of trial and error. ive ordered one of each for next order so i can eliminate any horrid ones lol

13. MR2_Owner

MR2_Owner Doing Slimming World

Start Weight:
    22st4lb
    Current Weight:
    20st13lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st5lb(6.09%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    I love Banana & toffee and walnut - yum yum.

I dont like Choc Orange & Fruits of The Forest - FOF tastes really chalky and I think it's minging.

14. Prinzessin

Prinzessin Shoe Queen!

Start Weight:
    14st0lb
    Current Weight:
    13st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st0lb(7.14%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge
    Hiya, all I have have is chocolate in the morning and chocolate mint at lunch and a hot chocolate mint at bedtime :)
    Love the mint one sooooooo much!! Hot or cold it's lovely! ...If it's a really cold day I may have a chicken soup for lunch though :) x

15. Miss_B

Miss_B Full Member

Ha ha, okay so it's just me that likes the choc orange. Have to agree choc mint is by far the best!

16. ciwti

ciwti Full Member

Start Weight:
    14st2lb
    Current Weight:
    14st2lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Weight Watchers
    I can't stand Chocolate Orange either, though I usually love real chocolate orange. Very annoying. And the spicy tomato soup - yuck. Everything else is ok though. Love the orange bar, and the malt toffee one. Mmm... Almost like real chocolate!

17. night-owl

night-owl Gold Member

Start Weight:
    15st3lb
    Current Weight:
    12st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    2st10lb(17.84%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge Weight Plan Step 2
    I used to quite like the banana, but my favourite now is chocolate mint. Chocolate is probably the safest one to try first.

18. ZoBo

ZoBo Silver Member

Start Weight:
    11st4lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st0lb
    Diet:
    Cambridge Diet
    The only two shakes I can stomach are the Chocolate & the strawberry. They have to be cold with lots of crushed ice!
    So all I have is one strawberry for morning & two choc together at night!

19. Val123

Val123 Silver Member

Diet:
    AAW8
    Haha - my eating habits have obviously followed me to CD Land!! Am I the only person who likes almost all the flavours? The only one I don't like is the Chocolate Orange - I like the initial taste, but then the aftertaste catches the back of your throat - eurgh!!

The porridge is fantabulous. Toffee & Walnut made into muffins is really good too.

Kerry you will find that so long as you put two handfuls of crushed ice in with the water and the mix into a really strong blender, that you will get a really smooth milkshake - almost like the real thing. The texture has a lot to do with the end-taste.

Hang on in there - I'm sure you'll find your favourites soon.

Mine are Porridge; Fruits of the Forest; Toffee & Walnut; Butterscotch; Capuccino (with an added heaped teaspoonful of coffee to enhance the flavour); and Chocolate Tetra (but only as ice-cream).

Val

Last edited: 23 October 2008
  20. northone

northone Full Member

I love the vanilla shakes - in fact I quite missed them on my two week holiday break!

21. kerry_berry

kerry_berry Full Member

Looks like I'd best keep on trying. The banana and fruits of the forest have made me gag both times! Hopefully I'll find one that I like. My CDC has given 4 banana ones for my first week though!!! Gross. I guess I was secretly hoping they would be like a McDonalds milkshake!! Hmmm. Will try the ice with it this evening...

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.