Gail's diary and thoughts on her SW journey

I hope you don't mind me posting but reading your thread struck a chord with me as I could relate to some of the things you said
I turned down an invite to an old friends 40th do as I was too overweight and knew she would be slim and lovely as ever so I lied and said we were away at the time
Nowshe has moved back into the area and would like me to visit but so far I have put it off for the same reasons
I am determined to join a group next week so I will let you know xx

Queenie - Your friend obviously likes you for who you are if she is inviting you to her party and wanting to meet up with you again. I felt so much better about myself the minute I started on the plan. I felt in control and happy that I was doing something about my weight. It instantly gave me more strength and confidence before I had even lost an ounce! Good luck with joining SW :)

soon ur be getting sore knees bowing down to me cause i've lost so much weight ha ha
:worthy:
That's the spirit Val - "I'm not worthy"

Although you girls tend to be bullying me a bit :p - I do like to hang on in there - a sort of reflected glory if you like. Haha

Although you girls tend to be bullying me a bit :p - I do like to hang on in there - a sort of reflected glory if you like. Haha

Moi ????! Not at all ! I am just an enthusiastic SW convert :)

Well, I am away from home at the moment and doing pretty well I think. However I am completely paranoid about everything that is given to me. I feel as though I want to check every single ingredient and do some microadjusting. I think that's just because I want to be able to choose how I use my syns and don't want 'hidden' syns in stuff when I could be using those as chocolate instead ! Better that way than just saying 'blow it' though I suppose.

I feel a bit lost though without my bathroom scales. I usually weigh every morning and although I know that my weight varies from day to day and I generally don't 'act on' the results (eg go off track if I've gained or eat more if I've lost lots) it helps to guide me particularly if I've eaten a bit more than usual and is generally quite helpful (now that I've learnt to deal with the inevitable ups and downs during the week).

Anyway, I'm sure I'll have a lovely weekend. More lessons for me on my journey ! Fingers crossed for me when I get home.

Gail x

Yes know exactly what you mean. I feel lost if I can't jump on the scales everyday, though I know that it is frowned upon. Didn't realise that you are a fellow scale hopper!
I am also paranoid about stuff that I don't prepare. My husband does the bulk of the cooking and since I have started doing red and green days a little 'culinary confusion' has crept in. My husband cooked a wonderful chicken curry yesterday but couldn't understand after me grilling him about the ingredients why I was upset that he had put lentils in it - I was on a red day. I know that some lentils could have been part of a healthy extra but I still don't how much went into it. Having said that, I don't know why I was being so obsessive about it as I had already blown my syn allowance with an over indulgence of vodka! How daft am I!
Hope you enjoy your time away. X

Just a quick word of encouragement Gail, well done to you for being so paranoid while away. It means you have taken back control and now feel "out of control".

In the past, you possibly may have thrown caution to the wind and just "went for it" - I know I would have.

Hang on in there kid

Steve

My husband cooked a wonderful chicken curry yesterday but couldn't understand after me grilling him about the ingredients why I was upset that he had put lentils in it - I was on a red day.

Having said that, I don't know why I was being so obsessive about it as I had already blown my syn allowance with an over indulgence of vodka! How daft am I!

Actually, I understand that completely. I want to be able to choose to spend my syns on whatever is best for me. If someone puts syns in something that I personally wouldn't have chosen, it may mean that I have to go without my mini flake or whatever or alternatively go over my syns 'unnecessarily'.

Just a quick word of encouragement Gail, well done to you for being so paranoid while away. It means you have taken back control and now feel "out of control".

In the past, you possibly may have thrown caution to the wind and just "went for it" - I know I would have.

You are completely right. I don't really ever remember feeling this way. My previous 'dieting' success was still based on the fact that I would have to stand in front of someone to get weighed and if I could 'get away with stuff' I would. Now, I don't eat secretly or go hunting for food because the only person that would affect is me !

Thanks so much for your support. It is really appreciated.

Gail x

Gail, you have a diary!!!! D'oh, am late to the party....

Hope you have a terrific weigh in on Tuesday! X

LOL honey. Welcome !!

It was more for me to try and write down how I feel as time goes on and how things have changed. Mostly things have been really 'easy' for me but I had a bad few days where I was finding it really difficult to motivate myself and just couldn't get the feeling and determination of why I'm doing this back. And at the moment, I just can't imagine why I wouldn't want to do this and feel that there's no way that things could fall apart but I know they could, so easily. So this is to try and help me understand what I can do and remember the 'good times' when I don't feel completely positive. Hopefully it will help but if I get to that time, I'll let you know !

Thanks.

Gail x

Just a quick update.

Lost 3 lbs this week. Am so thrilled. I had no gain over xmas or new year and a big loss this week. I also had a difficult weekend being away, eating a bit differently than usual and no scales to weigh on but I tried as hard as I could to count and stick to my syns and drank absolutely LOADS of water (which I am certain made a difference). So here I am - now into the 13's (for the first time in as long as I can remember) and with my sights firmly fixed on 4 stone loss, then the 12's.

Had a comment from a workman who came to the house today (i've only met him about 3 times over the last few months) who asked if I'd lost weight. :)

I can't believe that I'll ever feel differently about this (however when I felt down, I couldn't understand how/why I was so excited about what I've done :confused:) but I know it's possible which is why I'm writing it down !

(a very happy) Gail x

Yay Gail! Fabulous result, you must feel wonderful!! Was the workman cute?!

I think water is key as well - I definitely noticed a much bigger weight loss when I drank a lot of water. I think it's more than just filling you up, it really seems to speed up weight loss too by a pound or two. Plus, it's great for you, so I'm trying so hard to drink a couple of litres a day, which isn't easy in January.

Well done you!!!

Thrilled for you Gail!!! You GO GIRL!!!! Woop Woop Woop!!!!

Well done on your weight loss Gail! You must be delighted. Thanks also for your support. I have only just seen your last post on my thread. Its much appreciated. X

Hi Everyone (particularly Val who's been worrying about me while I've been away/busy - sorry Val but don't worry, I'm fine !),

Update:

I'm very close to losing 4 stone but I suspect it will probably be a couple of weeks or thereabouts (which is fine !) from now. Still, I really don't care how long it takes and I've definitely lost the 'sense of urgency' that I had at the beginning because I know I look and feel so different.

I can get into my size 16 trousers and they look good (for me !). In fact they are the only trousers that I can wear for work now because the size 18's actually look quite ridiculous. I am soooooo chuffed :). I tried on a pair of trousers that fitted me well at the beginning and I'm actually a big shocked at how far the waist comes out - was I REALLY that size ??? I will try and take a photo of me in them and if I can work out the technology, I will post it here. My head won't be on it (sorry !) but you will get the idea anyway !

I have had to take my ring off now. It's too risky that it will just fall off. It barely touches the sides but it doesn't quite fit on my middle finger. So, it will have to stay in the house for now.

I have lost count of the number of comments I've had from people over the last 4 weeks. My family and work colleagues have just been soooo supportive, I'm really lucky.

I feel so much more confident in myself it's untrue. My mum commented on it today and said that I seemed like a different person. I don't know about that, but it's definitely changing me in more ways that just my looks.

In case there are any people out there who want to know how long it takes for people to notice, my rough guide was:

I noticed from about 10-14 lbs in that my clothes were looser
My family said that they did at that stage but I don't know whether they really did ?!
The first people who hadn't been prompted (work colleagues) noticed at about 2-2.5 stone.
Then people who don't know me that well and most work colleagues started to notice and comment at about 3 stone onwards and I just get so many comments now that I almost wait for them when I see people that I haven't seen for ages.

I'm sure everyone is different, but that's just my experience.

Anyway, hope everyone is getting on well.

Gail x

That sounds familiar from when I lost my weight with WW. I'm really glad for you hun. Your positive attitude really inspires me :)

Sarah x

Back