Gallstones and CD - Contraindicated?

fuzzyduck

I have found out that I have gallstones, most likely caused by rapid weight loss. I will probably have to have my gallbladder removed within the next few months as my attacks are getting more frequent and are not triggered by food anymore.

My question is should I still be doing CD in the current circumstances? I don't want to give it up but I don't want to do anything that will affect my health and obviously if I keep losing weight quickly, the amount of gallstones I have will increase.

I've had gallstones for the last 2-3 years but not quite plucked up the courage to have the op.

The consultant was perfectly happy for me to use Cambridge after an attack.

He was more concerned about what I would eat when I wasn't on the diet.

It would be wise to check with your doctor though.

I am also due to have my gallbladder removed as apparently on the scan I had loads of stones. I had terrible attacks before starting cd and Ive been lucky that Ive only had one since being on cd which is fab!! I am planning on not returning to my doc till I have got to goal weight and then will see about having it removed .... unless of course in the mean time something happens and it has to be taken out. I hate doctors and hospitals etc I only go when I really really really have no choice, lol

Speak to your doc see what they say?

When i was suffering with my gallbladder my GP told me to eat low fat,as CD is low fat can't see that being the problem,still u should ask ur GP. Had mine removed now, so end of problem.

Back