Galorious - lifes ups and downs.

So.....well over a year later and I'm back online.

For those of you that can remember, I'd lost a lot of weight with LL, then lost my adored Dad. Struggled with my weight a bit and was trying to get back online whilst struggling with my Mum's dementia. Judging by the date of my last post, April last year, I think my Mum was in her care home and sort of settled but it was a bit of a struggle getting her to eat. She had a tooth out that May and it set her back even further. By June she was struggling and was taken into the psychiatric hospital to try and balance her meds. But they couldn't keep her there as she was so dehydrated she needed medical care. After a couple of weeks trying to get her stable, her consultant called us in to say there wasn't much they could do for her and they recommended she come out of her care home and move into NHS Continuing Care for intense nursing, but there was a waiting time of around 3 weeks and they weren't sure she'd make it. She did and picked up a little in her new home before sliding again and eventually passed away very peacefully in January. In the end it was a blessing, she'd been confused, angry, scared, aggressive and abusive until the last month. On her birthday in December, she was bright, happy and eating cake. She was delighted to see her GrandChildren and was like a little child when they sang to her. It was a lovely day and that's how I'll remember her.

So, six months on and I'm tipping 17 stone again. I didn't think I'd ever put that much on again. It's been steady since Mum died, but it's not coming off at all. The sun is shining and my slim outfits are still in the suitcase. It's depressing. I've tried time and again to get back onto the diet and I do a few days and then just can't stick to it. I've just had the 'flu and coming into work this morning, I felt exhausted before I even sat at my desk. I wobble when I walk. My skin is trashed. My self confidence at an all time low. I've done my mourning, and I want my life back. It's not all been bad, my daughter has gotten over her depression and has been offered a place at Edinburgh College of Art to study Animation. I am beyond thrilled. But I see her struggling with her weight a bit. She's slim but she's small so she can't afford to put on much and at the moment she's carrying more than she'd like around her thighs. My son is like a bean pole and I have the opposite problem with him. At 15 and growing like a weed, I can't make him eat enough.

I need to find a way to get some balance. For us all to be healthy and for them to establish good habits now. Skinny son wants to be a chef. And if my girl is going to be sitting at an animator's desk all day, she needs to find a way to balance that with some exercise. And I need to conquer the carbs for good. I look back on my thin photos and want to be back there, but the road seems to long. I'm struggling to take that first step. So I'm back here, hoping that over the next few days if I record my feelings, I can gear myself up and find that motivation. There is so much I'm denying myself because of my size and my feelings of guilt.

Step one taken....

Hello
I've just read your thread and you should be proud of yourself for dealing with everything you have.....
not beating yourself up for putting on a bit of weight !
I've just had my trial pack delivered from Slim and Save and had my first shake........Cookie something (vile like stale biscuits)......however I am going to do some serious reflective thinking whilst I'm having this experience and my first question to myself is what are the benefits of being fat and why do I want to stay there? (do I want to stay invisible ? why is food my faux friend ?).
I'm going to switch my brain off and stop giving myself reasons not to do it and try to surrender to the process......
I hope that we can support each other !:wavey:

Thanks cakeordeath. I have decided to order some packs tomorrow. I need to. I'm stuck in pre diet binge mode and I feel so stuffed! Not good. I plan to start on Monday.

How are you finding the diet? You notice a difference in how you feel pretty quickly.

Eaten all day today, and was out for dinner last night, and again tomorrow. How come food related things are all I can think of to do? You would think after all the time I spent looking after everyone else I'd have so many things I'd want to do, but I don't! I feel too fat and unworthy. I need to take food out of the equation and let other things come up and take centre stage. I need to start a list....

Hello

Well.......yesterday was my first full day and all I did was obsess about food......!
Was relieved when I had meal pack with veg cos that actually filled me up.
I'm also not very good at drinking water but I've got some Coke Zero in so had a can of that.The thing is that if I hadn't started I would still be ignoring everything from the neck down and I forced myself to take some measurements for comparison later.
I hope you are ok ?

It does get easier after the first few days. The carb bloat goes away fast and you feel slimmer around day 3 or so. Then you lose the hunger and it's such an odd feeling! Even when you do feel a bit hungry, a couple of mouthfuls of shake and you feel full. Keep drinking!

I was obsessed with food too though! I watched end to end food programs. This time, I'm going to start reading up on healthy well balanced foods and start to collect recipes for my new lifestyle.

Ok today. We're off to the cinema but of course we're tagging on a meal too. My suggestion. Kids picked Nandos, I've never been. Going to try and keep it light then tomorrow I'm hitting the packs. If I don't then I doubt I'd have any clothes that fit by the end of the week!

Have a good day :)

Great day! Monsters University was brilliant and we came home and watched videos of Florida and reminisced about holidays. I definitely want to go back but I'd like to be slim. I was last time I went although not as slim as I'd hoped. It made a huge difference, especially on the plane.

I didn't eat a lot today but it was practically all carbs. It's definitely my go to food and a habit that will be hard to break. Going to get my daughter to take some photos tomorrow and I'll take measurements. I'll update them monthly.

Sitting in bed hungry but not going to eat. I don't need to at this time of night. Quite looking forward to tomorrow now....

Good luck for your first day and all that. If we could utilise the strength and resilience that we use for other situations for weight loss we would all be teeny tiny !
I really think that you have to love yourself enough to take advantage of the vlcd process.
You deserve to be whatever you want to be !

Thanks!! How are you feeling? Hopefully your nearing ketosis.

Today was ok but I was hungry. I thought I'd eaten enough over the weekend that a light day would feel good but I was embarrassed at the rumbling tum at work. Running to the loo = good sign. And actually, lying in bed tonight does feel much more comfortable. Hoping I sleep better, I usually do when off carbs. I certainly get less indigestion. Trying to focus on these positives rather than feeling hungry and grumpy. Just got to find my rhythm...

OMG.......yes.....I've been getting horrid indigestion which has stopped since I started Slim and Save.....do you know what I'm really looking forward to ? Not feeling my tummy balancing on the top of my legs....I really hate that.....I'm not sure I'm in ketosis yet do I do still feel hungry but bearable.....
Are you doing any exercise as well ?

Hi cake, how are you today? Must be feeling less bloated already? Xx

Day three and not as hungry as I thought. Am planning to take the next couple of days as the come, even taking an extra pack if it gets bad. Sleeping better, feeling less bloated and quite positive despite my period dragging on and a cold hanging over me. Well wouldn't want to make it too easy eh! Car went into garage for a service so I dropped it off then bussed back to the West End and wandered home through town. A decent walk and I felt ok. Happy!!

Hello Galorious,

How are you ?
I'm doing ok but I'm not sure I'm in ketosis yet.....but I haven't been so hungry that I've licked anyones face yet so maybe I am.......Just got TOTM so that might make a difference.........I might lick someones face then slap it and then burst into tears.......!

Cheers

Hiya Galorious! Well done on taking the first steps towards doing this Big Thing for YOU!
You've had a lot of tragedy in your life and are an emotional eater, probably like 99% of us here!
I read something recently about the HALT rule when it comes to pre-binge thoughts.....

Are you H - Hungry, A - Angry, L - Lonely or T - Tired??

If the answer is anything but H - Hungry, then food is not the solution, especially bad-carb-laden junk!

I wish you every success with it hun, S & S is a great way to see fast results, my only problem last time was not doing
the re-feed week and I got suckered right back to square one!
Every year I swear that "This birthday I will be slim & beautiful" but another birthday came and went this summer and
there I was, my usual fat self!!!!! So NO MORE FAT BIRTHDAYS say I!
C'mon and let's do this, so we can be the best we that we can be :grouphugg:

Hey Shivie,

That is great advice and I must remember the HALT thing.......that is my downfall constantly grazing because I'm bored........first week down and 11 to go.....

Hi cake, yeah I'm fine thanks? You? Had your first week's weigh in yet?

Had a couple of rough days where I felt starving but wasn't seeing any movement on the scales. Took all my willpower not to jack it in and despite a few slip ups, I'm still going and judging by the lack of hunger, I'm finally in ketosis. Doesn't quite feel like it did when I was on LL, but I'm so glad not to have the extreme tiredness I was having pre diet. So, just settling in for the long haul....

I'll try to remember HALT!!

Hope everyone else is having a good weekend and even though we all hate Mondays, I'm looking forward to starting my week feeling alert and trim rather than exhausted and bloated!!!

Hello

How's it going ?
I weighed myself yesterday and I was 11 stone 6lbs but I've changed scales so I'm not sure whether my original weight of 12 stone was correct ?

This diet is weird though....lol

Excellent! Well done! What are you Hopi g to lose because that chunk must go a fair way towards your goal!!

Excellent! Well done! What are you Hopi g to lose because that chunk must go a fair way towards your goal!!

I deleted my tracker cos I couldn't get back in to it to amend it.....I probably need to lose 35 lbs so yeah it is nice to have a big loss in the first week.
How are you finding it day to day ?

Back