galstones

clair-louise

Did anyone who has done this diet before develop galstones as losing weight rapidly is one of the causes. I did and am now waiting to have my galbladder removed, already had my pre op appointment and now just weighting for the op date. The symtoms started about a month after I finished every time I had cheesy potato stuff

clair-louise said:
Did anyone who has done this diet before develop galstones as losing weight rapidly is one of the causes. I did and am now waiting to have my galbladder removed, already had my pre op appointment and now just weighting for the op date. The symtoms started about a month after I finished every time I had cheesy potato stuff

hi clair
you are right losing weight rapidly is a risk for gallstones
but also being female is a risk factor also
dont worry about the surgery its siple and good luck with it

Oh risk factor lol I meet the lot is, obese check, multiple pregnacys check (4 kids) genetic link check (brother, sister, mother) 40ish check (38) rapid weight loss check so as you see it's inevitable I was going to get them at some point. I'm not worried about the op I'm looking forward to 2 weeks off work and an excuse to lay on the sofa and be looked after he he

HI i wonder how your getting on, have you had the op... i recently found out i have galstones too... only i think i have had them for ages.... i had lots of problems ages ago but not to bad now... when i went to the docs to discuss the options, my doc said lots of people have them and dont even know it.... so i have decided to keep them and my lgalbladder.... i work with a lady who had her galbladder out she said she wished she didn;t... but each to their own, when i was in pain i would have had it whipped out..... good luck with your op... hope it goes well x

Yes I now have had it removed it all went well initally for the first few days it was very pain full now 10 days on tummy a little tender . I had painful episodes when ever I ate fatty food and a constant low grade like indegestion pain daily. I know some people suffer afterwards when eating and I have not yet sat and ate a full meal but I suffer cronic diahrroria any way so that side effect shouldn't bother me

had my gallbladder out 10 years ago but wasnt exacerbated by a vlcd then, just happened on it own. i still cant eat anything fatty including any dairy as it makes me sick. just be careful afterwards and listen to your body and make note if your body rejects certain foods. (btw the bad poop problem will go eventually)!

all the best

h x

Hiya Claire, did they tell you you had to come off lipo to have your op ? I'm having a small op on a few weeks and the surgeon said he would prefer me to eat normally for a few days before and after but I really don't want to as it took a lot for me to go back on lipo so don't wanna knock myself out of ketosis

I told the pre op people I was on a meal replacement diet and they didn't say stop and then when I was in hospital they knew I wouldn't eat their food and I had brought my own. It was the chemist who haven't allowed to continue I think it's because you need more cals to heal, I'm Now doing slim nd save but their guildlines say not to do the diet within 3 months of surgery. I have however healed well I can't say if I would have healed faster eating properly but I'm not ment to consume fat anyway

Back