gastric band hypnotherapy

Started to eat a packet of crisps today ate about 4 and gave the rest to the dog. This is not the norm fir me I would normally demolished the pack and prob moved on to another. I'm so happy :D

Things like crisps and chocolate and snacks in general tend to hang around here for a while now! Whereas before I would barely get them home from the shops they are now taking a while to get through, which is fine by me :D

I'm not so sure about the 'don't say lose' thing, it just seems maybe a bit too far on the thinking. I get what she is saying about finding something that is lost but not if you intentionally lose something, or lose something that is never to return. For example, if you drop a fiver from your pocket it's lost and gone forever. You write it off and carry on. The only way I can see that theory panning out is if you were being forced to lose weight when you don't really want to. It's a term that has been used for so long that it's almost impossible to get away from.

I find that where weight is concerned we just naturally flip it. We see a gain as bad (Because it is) and a loss as good (Because it is!). When I 'lose' lbs I say to myself that those lbs lost are gone forever, never to return. I am NOT looking for them to return! But that's just my opinion :D

Had a wee giggle at the lost fiver bit, if I lost a fiver near the end of the month I'd be distraught lol. I know what u mean about the lose bit. When the lbs are lost im a happy girl,lbs on and the bottom lip goes. I did hve a bit of a naughty pudding tonight though not proud of that:(

I may have had a bit too much ice cream this last week. It's been so hot that it's just too tempting. I've also been coming down with some bug that started off with a very scratchy throat so the ice cream helped to soothe it a little.

I'm not beating myself up over it, I just accept it. The choices I make now are more considered so I rarely eat anything that will make me feel bad.

It's my birthday today and we are off to Thorpe Park for the day. We are starting off with breakfast at my favourite cafe and taking a picnic, although the picnic will consist of not very much as it will be too hot to want food while we are out, just a few munchies and plenty of drinks!

Today is also the date of my first mini goal which I am pleased to report I have achieved! So on to the next one now....

Happy birthday Taz, have a lovely day xx
I have struggled a bit this week. Had my 2nd session of CBT at weekend and although I know the 4 rules, I have not been listening to my body as much as I should. The signals are there so I guess I have been ignoring them to some extent. Still had a small loss of 1.6lb so happy with that. This is a new week and know what I have to do. On a brighter note, I am very aware that I need to exercise and to be honest, my weight means that I find a lot of exercise hurts my knees, so....... I have bit the bullet and enroled in swimming lessons. They dont start until September but I am looking forward to them. Hope your all enjoying the summer xx

Thanks.

Every lb off is a lb in the right direction and they all add up!

Well done for enrolling in swimming lessons, it's a valuable skill and great exercise. I love swimming, I hope you get on well with it

Hey I'm new here I'm half way through reading the book and confused a little do I have to walk for 20 mins a day and cut out the rubbish 2 weeks before fitting the band?

Ideally I'd like to finish book today and fit the band tomorrow?

That's what it says in the book but I didn't do it that way. I finished the book and listened to the CD straight away

Did that work for you taz?

I hve a hypnosis gastric band cd. It is not paul mckenna. It says on the case to listen to it at the same time every day. Has anyone else come across this or can u listen to cd at anytime of the day for good results. Please help thanks x

That's fantastic news Jo! I can see why you are so excited to share the news. Do lots of research before choosing a surgeon, you can't beat personal recommendations. I don't know if they do that kind of surgery but UKSH are fantastic. The nearest one to you though would be Plymouth.

As for the CD's, I don't know about listening to it at the same time every day as I have the Paul McKenna one and that's to listen to whenever you need it. I once had an app on my phone that said to listen to it every evening and most evenings I just didn't have the time for it every evening.

And yes, I did find that listening to the CD straight away worked for me. I would say to try it and if you feel it doesn't work so well you could go back to it and do it the other way.

I lost another lb this week. Like Jo, I am loving seeing the lbs just drop off without even trying. I don't care how slowly this goes, I have now lost 20lb and it's really no bother! I can't remember the last time I looked at a food label other than out of curiosity. And I am still so motivated and have plenty of energy for going to the gym, swimming and aquafit. I love it

I went to a hypnotist and I didn't think this worked for, the first session was great and I lost 6lbs in the first 2 weeks but once the "op" was performed I did not feel any different :(.

Back