gastric band hypnotherapy

I have my 1st session with aspirationtherapy in Cwmbran next week! I have tried everything and have a problem with emotional eating.. I have 4 stone too loose I really hope this gives me the motivation to change for good!.. I'm a little sceptical but reviews are good. I'm wondering what hypnosis is like I'm kinda a little scared. ?

I have my 1st session with aspirationtherapy in Cwmbran next week! I have tried everything and have a problem with emotional eating.. I have 4 stone too loose I really hope this gives me the motivation to change for good!.. I'm a little sceptical but reviews are good. I'm wondering what hypnosis is like I'm kinda a little scared. ?

Good luck with that :) You are local to me so would be interested to know how it goes.

I had some sessions in Cardiff in Nov, but don't feel it's made a lot of difference, albeit it was a wonderfully relaxing and enlightening experience.
I didn't research it properly though and probably in hindsight should have picked a therapist that I had some reviews for.

Good luck with yours :)

Day 3 for me and everything still seems to be going well. I can't believe it is this easy - hope it continues. It is really hard to trust myself foodwise - I guess that is something I'll learn as I continue making good decisions. I am sooo chuffed with this.

Claire-anna - the hypnosis was lovely. Very relaxing.

KittyB said:
Good luck with that :) You are local to me so would be interested to know how it goes.

I had some sessions in Cardiff in Nov, but don't feel it's made a lot of difference, albeit it was a wonderfully relaxing and enlightening experience.
I didn't research it properly though and probably in hindsight should have picked a therapist that I had some reviews for.

Good luck with yours :)

Aww thanks. If this doesn't work in getting the real deal.. I've struggled all my life with weight also with depression but the fatter I get the more unhappy I get.. But eating makes me happy!!! I will let u know how I get on... Xx

I started with the hypno band on the 3rd January I'm having the band fitted on Monday - I had 2 stone to loose and so far in just over a week I've lost 7 1/4lbs which is a very good weight loss for me.

Since my last session I've noticed that I never eat a whole meal and I only eat m&s fuller for longer meals for tea and I'm finding them too much for me, during the day I just eat chicken, no skin etc.

The first week I found it pretty hard just to eat until I was satisfied but now I'm not thinking about food as much and the hunger is a lot less.

It's all power of the mind and keeping control of what and how much you eat - unlike traditional diets that just tell you what you can and can't eat this delves a bit deeper and finds out why we overeat etc.

I'm enjoying it, I have a blog but don't know if I'm allowed to post it on here.

Michelle, you won't be able to post links til you have made 50 posts on the forum.

I love not dieting now, it just all seems so natural now. It really couldn't be simpler: Only eat when hungry and stop when full! Makes you wonder why we can't just do it but the hypnotherapy serves to reset the glitch in our brains that have stopped us from following that simple rule. Best thing I ever did

This is a really interesting read. About 7 years ago I saw a hypnotherapist & although he didn't do gastric band hypno he did try & help me but I'm absolutely convinced I didn't go under.... Can't explain it really but I remember every single bit of it & at one point I thought he'd finished & I sat up & said "thank Goodness for that I've got a really itchy nose" he said he'd not finished & so I laid down again. I think the reason I don't believe it is that it didn't work & I carried on, hence how I ended up so big.....

So pleased for those of you it's working for though x

I didn't feel that I went under on my first session and although the session was great and I got a lot from it I was a little disappointed as it was my first experience of hypno and expected more from it. But the second session I did go under and it was weird but not in a bad way. I think if you are unsure when you go into it you wont go under. With hypno your brain has a safety button, if you go under and you are asked to do something inappropriate or wrong you will come out of the trance as your brain will recognise the danger. So I think in a similar way if you are unsure of the person or whats going to happen you will stay alert

sparkle-rose said:
I have a question for all that have started the hypnoband treatment,

Before you went for your first appointment did you have a sort of a last supper (for want of a better term) I don't mean a mass binge but a nice treat to yourself be it a curry or a chinese etc etc?????

I did because I thought I wouldn't ever have anything bad again lol but it's not like that if u fancy take away u have 1 but the amount u eat is tiny compared to before hypno! U just tend not to fancy bad food very often I usually feel so full after few spoonfuls that's it's pointless ordering 1 he he xxxx

Nats1 said:
I did because I thought I wouldn't ever have anything bad again lol but it's not like that if u fancy take away u have 1 but the amount u eat is tiny compared to before hypno! U just tend not to fancy bad food very often I usually feel so full after few spoonfuls that's it's pointless ordering 1 he he xxxx

I so hope this works for me. Tuesday is my first session. X

sparkle-rose said:
I have a question for all that have started the hypnoband treatment,

Before you went for your first appointment did you have a sort of a last supper (for want of a better term) I don't mean a mass binge but a nice treat to yourself be it a curry or a chinese etc etc?????

Im having a nice Chinese tonight.. Spoil myself :)

i went to one session at a place in manchester, its was TERRIBLE! Definately find out if the hypnotist is any good before you book a session!

Second session and we covered overeating in general. He likened it to driving a car. If the oil/water etc light comes on we don't pull in to the petrol station and fill up the tank with petrol so why do it with my body. I have to think about what light is on before eating anything, lol. Still, it seems to be working.

If feels, to me, like I've had a "re-set" and gone back to my original state i.e. before I started covering everything with food.

I love the car analogy. Nats is right, you can still have all the stuff you like but just smaller portions.

It will work for you if you believe it will work. If you have any doubts your mind will be blocking the success of the therapy. And where possible always try to get recommendations

My hypnoband journey starts today! I'm going to give it 100%. Fingers crossed. I will report back tonight x

Hi everyone,
I have read every single post and it all encouraged me to look into gastric hypnoband and I had a consultation on Tuesday. Really want to go ahead with it and the only issue is the money! £325 is a lot of money but at the same time I'm really desperate to lose weight!

The power of the mind is an amazing thing.. Tuesday hypnosis went really well.. I can't believe how I am eating slower and feeling full! I lie here in bed now after sleeping and still feeling full.. It's a lovely feeling.. I have a cd to listen too for night time too.. Have my second session Wednesday. Shocking I was 16s 4lbs..!!!! X

Back