gastric band hypnotherapy

sanaz said:
Hi everyone,
I have read every single post and it all encouraged me to look into gastric hypnoband and I had a consultation on Tuesday. Really want to go ahead with it and the only issue is the money! £325 is a lot of money but at the same time I'm really desperate to lose weight!

That's about right.. Mine is 300. Seen some cheaper on groupon but no reviews and I feel u get what u pay for. Have u tried the hypnoband website? X

sparkle-rose said:
Mine is costing £595 but I looked at it as just over 2 years of paying to go to weight watchers & that made the cost easier to cope with. Plus when I look at what I have spent over the years this is just a drop in the ocean.

Good luck

£595 that's expensive. How many sessions? X

Thanx ladies, reading your posts gives me hope and determination to do it. There is nothing on Groupon in my area! and also mine are 4 sessions and cds to listen to he would also do a 5th session if I needed it!

Hi - I had a hypnoband in Oct, but didn't work for me either and I went to a licensed hypnotist and I really wanted to believe it, but maybe thats the key thing with the hypnotherapy - belief that it will work.

Mrs B - I see that you are about 40 mins down the road from me, where did you go for your hypnotherapy?

I had my first session on Wednesday and dont have the same cravings for the bad foods. I even impressed myself this morning, went to baker for family and didnt get anything for myself, came home and had a poached egg on wholemeal bread instead. Last week I would have had 2 butteries and a cake lol. I do believe it is very much mind over matter and the hypnotherapy just gives me a push in the right direction. I am keeping a food diary, just to boast to myself how good I have been and that I can do it. I am 40 next year and have decided that I am not going to be fat and 40. So that is my motivation.

During my session this week I had to visualise myself where i would be in a years time if i did not change my eating habits, I pictured myself in a pair of huge black jersey trousers and this gastly black and purple paisley patterned tent, oops meant top, I must have let my imagination run riot during hypnosis as there is no way on earth i would wear anything like that, so when I see the naughty gorging binge foods that I normal go for I also see the lovely gastly purple and black top and that puts me right off.

Good Luck to everyone who is using this method of gaining control over their eating. Look forward to reading how your journeys are progressing.

Last edited:
Hi Sparkle-Rose, after your question I went back and checked and it just says on his web site that he is a licensed practitioner for Hypno-band. Is that different to what you have had? I paid £375 for 4 sessions including 2 cds that I listen to daily. I have been seriously thinking of doing it again with someone else, but I'm not totally sure I am susceptible to hypnosis :cry:

Mrs B - I see that you are about 40 mins down the road from me, where did you go for your hypnotherapy?

Hi Donjon, I went to Frank Wilkinson in Barry (Carnoustie). I've been interested for a while but I only chose Frank because he was on Groupon. It is working for me.

Looking forward to hearing how everyone else is getting on.

Day 5 and I'm doing extremely well.. I strongly believe it is all about willpower the hypnosis just guides u along.. I been listening to my cd and I fall asleep to it. I have had sleeping issues lately and this has helped no end.. No snacking and no take away pizza! Cannot wait to weigh on Wednesday. :).

Oh my gosh, I've lost another 7lbs this week! I strongly suspect some of that is water from TOTM but people tell me they can see a difference in my face already. Well chuffed.

Well done Mrs B. Here's to the next 7

Oh my gosh, I've lost another 7lbs this week! I strongly suspect some of that is water from TOTM but people tell me they can see a difference in my face already. Well chuffed.

that is amazing!!!! well done u.. :D

Have you checked the website I put a link to to see if he is on their list?

Sent from my iPad using MiniMins

Yes - checked on the website you gave me and he is there. Wondering whether to contact him to ask if he has had other failures to see if he will offer either the process again or whether he can re-inforce the process - to say I am disappointed is putting it mildly :cry:I never feel full and had no sensations during the "op".

Well you have nothing to lose (no pun intended) by contacting him, it's not a magic button they press you still need the willpower, drive and determination to succeed, I myself have tried other diets and not succeeded where others I know have so I believe it's a case of finding the right one for you. Good luck in your quest.

Sent from my iPad using MiniMins

I think I will send him an e-mail (coz I'm a coward) and see what he says, who knows he may offer to see me for free! Some sites offer a guarantee, but he isn't one of them :mad:

Thanks Sandy.

I'd agree with that, I think the reason one on one Hypno works is that it focusses on your personal needs. The CBT part of the therapy is, in my opinion, the most valuable part.

I have heard a lot of mixed views on Adrian Matthams but I get the feeling he may be all hype and no substance. Hypnotherapy for therapy isn't a show piece, it's a real therapy. I personally can't see how group sessions can produce the best results as it's impossible to make a group session personal. I also believe that aftercare is as important as the therapy itself. I have had a few wobbles and times where I think it's stopped working and I email my therapist and in one email back she makes me realise that it IS still working and I don't need to go back and pay for more sessions. Proper care, not a cash machine!

I believe whole heartedly in the therapy but I think you have to have a therapist that you are comfortable with and it has to be relevant to you. And for it to work you have to go into it with a completely open mind and believe it will work for you.

Completely agree with taz I have had 3-4 wobbles and phoned my hypno man and he has even met with me and talked over why I think it's stopped working and made me realise it is I just need to trust my body and listen when I am full.(all at no extra cost ) I no there are people that feel its been a waste of money but I think u have to go into the session knowing it will work.

I have gone for it! My Hypnoband journey starts on Thursday and I can't wait! I'm determined this is going to work and I will lose wait for good this time!

Back