gastric band hypnotherapy

My boys are all adults now so the control I once had over what they ate has long gone lol, but I hope I gave them the right tools to enable them to make the right choices and of the 3 only one has a problem with weight (takes after me as I also believe genes play a part in how our bodies react to food).

Your daughter seems to have a very good relationship with food and at the risk of sounding condescending (which I don't mean) I take my hat off to you in being able to achieve that when you are also dealing with your own issues with food.

At almost 50 I am still (secretly) eating things when I go in the kitchen to make a cuppa and like you, my husband would not say a word if I ate it in the open, so why do I have to do it in secret..........the answer I think is that I know I shouldn't be eating it and if no-one sees me eat it then it didn't happen!!!!!! How delusional is that???? lol

Anyway enough of a ramble........ :D

I had my first session this afternoon and it was a really relaxing and pleasant experience. I feel really positive and haven't been very hungry just thirsty and have drank plenty of water! Can't wait for next session and will post updates on how I get on!

I too saw Adrian Matthams back in September and I got on really well even losing weight while on holiday, but unfortunatelly the band has stopped working. It took 2 weeks to get a response when I contacted him and he sent me another CD. NOT working even though I'm listening to it every night. Contacted him again as I want to see him face to face but have had no reply so far. His after care leaves a lot to be desired especially as at the session we were told that he would be with us until we lost our weight no matter how long it took!!! Not very happy at all.

It makes me very sad to see the reports of bad aftercare. I have emailed my therapist several times and always got a positive response. She also emailed me at the 6 month mark to see how I was doing and at new year for a boost! I do believe that the aftercare is as, if not more, important than the actual initial therapy

Sparkle-Rose - just wanted to say that I will be thinking of you today. I am sure you WILL be successful :):) XX

Hi

I have been reading this forum and others regarding Hypnoband. I am booked in on Tuesday to start the process and I am still having mixed emotions. For every positive review I read, I am finding 2 who say don't bother.

I have been struggling with weight issues for the past 20 years, although when I first started I only needed to lose about 20 pounds, but now. Would kill to go back to that weight!!!

I have tried numerous weight classes, programs and even tablets. The latest is 'nuratrim' but that is a total waste of money.

I really don't know what to do!:cry:

Oh dear. I don't know what to think.
Had the "opp" but not feeling any difference. Only motivation I suppose. But is this because I paid 300quid or the hypno!???

Out on 1lb last week so 3lb loss in 3 weeks :-(

Oh dear. I don't know what to think.
Had the "opp" but not feeling any difference. Only motivation I suppose. But is this because I paid 300quid or the hypno!???

Out on 1lb last week so 3lb loss in 3 weeks :-(

when did you have it? Do you have to go back for more or is that it? I am sorry if I sound nosey I just wonder. I hope it works for you I truely do as its alot of money. Is the hypno person contactable for advice follow ups in this payment? Have you found you eat any less?

jackie
x

I don't think there is one simple answer to this. For me the most valuable part of it was the CBT rather than the actual band, finding out why I over ate and breaking that emotional attachment with food has really released me from its grip and that's what changed my life

Hi

I have been reading this forum and others regarding Hypnoband. I am booked in on Tuesday to start the process and I am still having mixed emotions. For every positive review I read, I am finding 2 who say don't bother.

I have been struggling with weight issues for the past 20 years, although when I first started I only needed to lose about 20 pounds, but now. Would kill to go back to that weight!!!

I have tried numerous weight classes, programs and even tablets. The latest is 'nuratrim' but that is a total waste of money.

I really don't know what to do!:cry:

I have had a failed hypnoband, but having said that I do believe that for some people they "do exactly what they say on the tin". I think the key is to do a lot of research on who you decide to go with and maybe if I had done more then I would be more of a success story. There is so much evidence around in the media and on this forum to support the theory behind a hypnoband, but you also have to believe that they will work for you and go to someone who will do the full CBT prior to having the band "fitted". Also think the average price paid is about £350 so beware of anyone who wants to charge more or lot less for the service. Check that they are registered with the hynoband register as they follow a prescripted course. If I have forgotten anything then I am sure someone will add to this thread xx

I would say good luck but truly believe that luck has nothing to do with it, you have to believe that this WILL work for you - don't try as TRY gives you a get out clause.................DO!!

Apologies for the long reply and hope all makes perfect sense lol :):)

I tried hypnoband last July/August. For me it didn't work. The fort session when really well and I lost weight in the first week. I ate smaller portions and didn't pick as much.
However, I did find that my therapist talked about herself a lot. Her own battle with her weight, etc and her daughter at uni. I'm sorry but it was about me. And in hindsight I should have said something. Advice - if this happens to you, say something. You have paid to talk about yourself not hear about your therapist.
For me it didn't work in the end. I ended up putting more weight back on and I'm back at slimming world.
My aftercare wasn't great. Said she would contact me in 2 weeks and it ended up being about 4 months by which time I had given up and was long out of my mind.
Good lucj to those of you who are embarking on this. I too have tried everything and for me hypnoband was another one of those failures. But I think it was mostly because of my own head and not the failings of the hypnotherapy.

Please don't read this next part if you don't want to know what was wrong with the pre op and op itself for me. This is in respect to what happens in real life as I am a nurse. This part is what I think didn't help my head get in to it.

If you are a nurse or 'medically aware' I recommend that you discuss the op beforehand. I found that during my pre-op I became more 'awake and aware' purely because she said that she would give me a tablet and I would go to sleep.
Being a nurse I know about anesthetics and this set alarm bells off for me. She said this was part of the pack she got from hypnoband and it's cause of people who don't like needles.
If you need to keep it as real as poss, discuss these things before hand.
The other issue I had was the during the op, the cd she had playing of the heart monitor going, was unnatural. It would beep regularly and then get faster and start beeping as if an alarm was going off. It did this in a regular sequence but to me that made me aware and unable to concentrate properly.

Sorry to butt in and totally off-topic but thought this might help. Have you checked out the results for the 'slimpod'. There isn't any counselling, rather a cd of almost hypnotherapy to listen to. It seems to be having some good results and there is a section on minimins for it. Am doing Cambridge at the moment but will move on to that afterwards as it is only £30 and people seem to be doing well. It's definitely the head side that I need to get round!

Hope you don't mind the off-topic post.

AA

Sorry to butt in and totally off-topic but thought this might help. Have you checked out the results for the 'slimpod'. There isn't any counselling, rather a cd of almost hypnotherapy to listen to. It seems to be having some good results and there is a section on minimins for it. Am doing Cambridge at the moment but will move on to that afterwards as it is only £30 and people seem to be doing well. It's definitely the head side that I need to get round!

AA

As a failed hypnoband I discovered slimpods on this forum by accident and invested just after Christmas as it is word weaving as opposed to hynosis and has had some incredible results...........can't quote mine as its too early days for me, but believe in it totally.

AA

I can confirm the slimpods definately sort out the head side :) I feel I am proof of that. I cannot begin to tell you how many changes they have made to me. I will list a few

1) I no longer binge
2) I no longer graze I eat my meals enjoy my meals
3) I am no longer obsessed with food
4) I stop eating when full 95% of the time
5) I feel positive
6) I feel happy
7) I feel calm
8) my confidence in general is slowly returning
9) I am beginnng to want to exercise
10) I chose the healthy option 95% of the because I want to not because I have to
11) Its liberating not following a plan, I can't fall off a diet if I am not on one
12) I haven't eaten or wanted to eat a packet of crisps for 6 weeks they used to be somethng I turned to if bored, hungry, emotional
13) I only crave choccie at TOTM no other time. I used to eat my weight in cadburys

Another thing I am looking in to is EFT (emotional freedom technique). It is a bit controversial (not in a bad way, it's just weird). Have had great results in stopping migraines, but didn't do anything for weight. I've concluded that any 'dieting' other than Cambridge is impossible for me. The brutal restriction of Cambridge means there are no choices and so I don't think about food.

Sorry to hear about your hypno guy, can't believe some people are so unscrupulous/uncommitted.

I had mine done last September. Total success. My therapist taught me a few technique such as EFT and compulsion overload. These work wonderful for the cravings.

Lucy..xx

I had mine done last September. Total success. My therapist taught me a few technique such as EFT and compulsion overload. These work wonderful for the cravings.

Lucy..xx

I am so pleased for you xx :D:D Its great to hear of success stories and gives others confidence to carry on :):) You certainly seemed to have picked the right therapist xx

Well I have had enough. I was so hopefully it was going to work for me. But I have gone back to feeling hungry all the time.

In the process of searching for a loan for a gastric wrap
:-( 300 waste of money. But glad I gave it a try nothing ventured nothing gained and all that jazz. X

Back