gastric band hypnotherapy

Well I have had enough. I was so hopefully it was going to work for me. But I have gone back to feeling hungry all the time.

In the process of searching for a loan for a gastric wrap
:-( 300 waste of money. But glad I gave it a try nothing ventured nothing gained and all that jazz. X

go back and tell them :( at least see what they say as you have spent a lot of money sweetie :( :bighug:

Have you considered trying slimpod in the meantime? xxxxx

Hey all!

So, I've read this thread with great interest, I think the whole concept is absolutely fascinating!

I have lost the majority of the weight I needed to through WW, and am actually now in my healthy BMI. Given that, when I moved overseas for a few months a while back (mixture of living and travelling), I figure I'd just call it ''goal'' and stop. I've had no trouble maintaining, without pointing or anything.

But recently, I've decided I'd like to lose a bit more - about another 10kg. That would still be within my healthy BMI (although yes, I do know that BMIs shouldn't really be applied to individuals), and I think would suit me better (I have tiny hands, for instance, suggesting I should actually have a small frame, and some of the women in my family are very petite).

When I first did WW, I absolutely loved it. I never felt deprived, I was still able to be passionate about food but didn't have the guilt, etc. But this time round, I'm just struggling to find that same rhythm. I think it's a mixture of the way I maintained so easily that I got used to it so quickly, and the fact that I've just moved to the UK which means I've got to consciously think about everything - currency, how to get somewhere, where things are etc. All those things that you can usually put on auto-pilot are now requiring mental energy! So usually working out the best brands of foods etc wouldn't be an issue at all (I even kinda enjoy it), but it's kinda a hassle in the context of everything else.

My question then, is do you think none/any/all of general hypnotherapy/CBT/hypno-band might help me? Bearing in mind I don't have that much to lose, but even at this weight I'm kinda self-conscious - and I'm sure I don't need to tell you guys what an energy drain that is! Also, I don't want to stop enjoying food - some people talk of no longer caring or some things making them feel ill. I want to care less, but I get a lot of pleasure from food and I don't want to give that up - and I certainly don't want to be unable to eat some foods! (Before I lost the weight, I used to tell myself ''I don't smoke, sleep around, take drugs or drink, so it's fine for food to be my vice.'' With ww, I saw it didn't have to be a vice, I can still get immense pleasure out of it in a more reasonable way.) So I guess I'd be looking more at changing my attitude to exercise (!), reducing snacking and further adjusting portions, than cutting out whole types of food.

I should also say I've had CBT for depression a few years ago, and hated it because I ran rings around the therapist so I didn't respect her at all. What was interesting about that was we didn't address eating at all - the primary cause of my depression was mum's death, coupled with bullying/exclusion at school. But one of the main ways it manifest was in my over-eating and unhealthy-eating, which impacted on guilt, self-esteem, etc, and so was obviously fairly tied up in it. I've also had completely useless hypnotherapy for a needle-phobia, which did nothing, but I'm happy to concede it may be the particular practicioner. So I'm starting from a skeptical position, but the stories on this thread are just so incredible! Like I say, my eating patterns and relationship with food is radically changed after WW, but given my history I think it's probably very likely there's some deeper residual stuff lurking still as well, given my history.

I'm a student, so living on a very tight budget already, and that's even more the case when you consider the conversion rate from NZ$ into £! So I'd want to be fairly convinced, but if it was a genuine long-term solution then it seems worth scrimping for to me.

Wow, sorry this has turned into such a novel! But I wanted to give as much background info as possible, because I'd really love to hear your thoughts. :)

Last edited:
I had my second session today! The past week has been great, I have not snacked at all, no chocolate, sweets or anything like that and it hasn't been like I was trying not to, I just didn't want to, it's been effortless. my portions at meal time has also reduced. I have only lost 2lb but for me it's been more about how I have been feeling and I have been feeling free from the constant thinking about food, the constant craving for junk food and it's been fantastic! I'm really looking forward to my op next week!

I had my second session today! The past week has been great, I have not snacked at all, no chocolate, sweets or anything like that and it hasn't been like I was trying not to, I just didn't want to, it's been effortless. my portions at meal time has also reduced. I have only lost 2lb but for me it's been more about how I have been feeling and I have been feeling free from the constant thinking about food, the constant craving for junk food and it's been fantastic! I'm really looking forward to my op next week!

So pleased that you have had such a positive week :):):)

Well done, I too had my second session this morning, this last week has been really interesting, like you I lost 2lb which although not a lot I am pleased with and already I am starting to have a better relationship with food, have to admit I did suffer a massive headache due to the change in diet, my poor body was wondering where all the carbs & sugar went, LOL,

I also found the pre op bit today fascinating and just know I am going to be chomping at the bit to get to the actual op next Saturday, thankfully it is half term so I am busy with the kids all week.

But congrats on the weight loss, hope you have a good week and I look forward to seeing your post next week, :)

Sent from my iPad using MiniMins

Glad to hear that you too have had such a good week, must admit to thinking bout you during the week and wondering how you were getting on. Glad to hear you so positive :):)

I can't believe how many new faces there is hope your all doing well and enjoying your new way of think I am 5 months in now and still loving it.
Xxxx

Well done, I too had my second session this morning, this last week has been really interesting, like you I lost 2lb which although not a lot I am pleased with and already I am starting to have a better relationship with food, have to admit I did suffer a massive headache due to the change in diet, my poor body was wondering where all the carbs & sugar went, LOL,

I also found the pre op bit today fascinating and just know I am going to be chomping at the bit to get to the actual op next Saturday, thankfully it is half term so I am busy with the kids all week.

But congrats on the weight loss, hope you have a good week and I look forward to seeing your post next week, :)

Thank you for your comments and I'm really glad you are having a positive experience as well. I hope your op goes well and i also look forward to reading your next post.:)

Well 4 weeks in and I'm back to normal.. Punishing myself with my over eating.

I could cry. I was desperate for this to work.

Good luck to everyone that has been successful with hypno.

It is a lovely experience of relaxation but unfortunately not for me :-(. X n

I'm going to try a vlcd hoping if I can struggle to get into ketosis then I won't be constantly thinking what to stuff in my gob!!!

I'm going to try a vlcd hoping if I can struggle to get into ketosis then I won't be constantly thinking what to stuff in my gob!!!

I am so sorry that this didn't work for you.....I know how disappointing it is when it doesn't as mine also failed............come to the conclusion my brain doesn't want me to slim, so maybe I need some psychoanalysis lolol. Joking aside I do think I sabotaged myself as everytime I felt myself going "under" my mind would bring me up and I felt a bit of panic, so think it could have worked if my brain was "wired" differently.

Did you go into it believing it would work or just hoping? The reason I ask is that the mind is a very powerful thing and unless you totally believe, then maybe it won't work.

I am using slimpods now, which are not hypnosis, but word-weaving, you don't have to go "under" you just have to listen and if your mind wanders or you fall asleep then it really doesn't matter as its aimed at your sub-conscious and its about re-training your thinking regarding food.

Just an idea and I wish you well in whatever form of dieting you decide on next xxxxxxx :):):)

Claire-anna said:

Ring the therapist and see what back up service they provide don't give up hun xxxxxx

Hi everyone!

I've only come across this site and thread very recently but was blown away by the forum community and how friendly and supportive everyone seems. I guess it helps that we all have a common goal. =]

I came across a Gastric Band Hypnotherapy deal on Groupon- 3 sessions for £79 for my local area and thought it was a great opportunity to see if this would help. After looking into it further I was grateful to come across this thread via Google. I have yet to book as I only just got the voucher but I'm very eager and positive about it. I understand that it's not for everyone but hope it will be for me. There is a site dedicated but the only thing lacking is the personal reviews for the actual therapist. (There were some on the site but I prefer better personal reviews but at this price I couldn't refuse!)

The surprising thing is after reading through this thread and reading about everyone's experiences I've picked up on some really great tips! For example, I know what my issues are with food, the complex emotional attachment, etc. It's the overcoming them that's the issue. Today, (I know very early days!) I actually took time out to cook and eat, and really just concentrate on what I'm having. I made sure I chewed it all properly which I really never did before. It made me full, actually feel full, mentally as I knew it hit the spot. I usually eat like 2 meals a day but they end up as huge- as I never seem to get full, and when I am- I'm practically aching! So yes, this simple advice really helped just to understand what I'm really doing. I really hope this therapy kickstarts my goal in just becoming healthy. It seems at this point I'm just stuck in a rut with my weight.

Sorry about the essay, hope everyone is doing well with their goals and ambitions- will continue to observe this thread and hopefully contribute in a positive light. =]

Hi everyone!

I've only come across this site and thread very recently but was blown away by the forum community and how friendly and supportive everyone seems. I guess it helps that we all have a common goal. =]

I came across a Gastric Band Hypnotherapy deal on Groupon- 3 sessions for £79 for my local area and thought it was a great opportunity to see if this would help. After looking into it further I was grateful to come across this thread via Google. I have yet to book as I only just got the voucher but I'm very eager and positive about it. I understand that it's not for everyone but hope it will be for me. There is a site dedicated but the only thing lacking is the personal reviews for the actual therapist. (There were some on the site but I prefer better personal reviews but at this price I couldn't refuse!)

The surprising thing is after reading through this thread and reading about everyone's experiences I've picked up on some really great tips! For example, I know what my issues are with food, the complex emotional attachment, etc. It's the overcoming them that's the issue. Today, (I know very early days!) I actually took time out to cook and eat, and really just concentrate on what I'm having. I made sure I chewed it all properly which I really never did before. It made me full, actually feel full, mentally as I knew it hit the spot. I usually eat like 2 meals a day but they end up as huge- as I never seem to get full, and when I am- I'm practically aching! So yes, this simple advice really helped just to understand what I'm really doing. I really hope this therapy kickstarts my goal in just becoming healthy. It seems at this point I'm just stuck in a rut with my weight.

Sorry about the essay, hope everyone is doing well with their goals and ambitions- will continue to observe this thread and hopefully contribute in a positive light. =]

Welcome Nymeria,
It is early days for me too but the 2 sessions I have had has changed me as a person and my relationship with food so I really hope it works for you and you achieve your goals.:)

That's great, Sanaz! I hope it continues to work for you and well done so far. Thank you for the warm welcome. =]

I've booked an appointment to see the hypnotherapist for the 23rd. She seems really nice and friendly. The expected time it'll take was around an hour or an hour and a half so it doesn't sound too bad at all.

I went to Doctor's today for a general appointment and the issue of weight and healthy eating came up which really seems to be a sore spot with me. I'm not much of a crier but I think there'll be a lot of emotion when I talk it through with the hypnotherapist. I'm really looking forward to it though and hoping to have a better outlook into how I see and deal with food.

Good luck on everyone! Would love to see how others are doing with this treatment.

sparkle-rose said:
Well today is the day of the op, I have had a manic week due to being half term so not had time to think about it but this morning I am nervous, let's hope it goes well, :)

Xxxx

Good luck I am just 5 months in lost 2 stone and loving it xxxxx

Well today is the day of the op, I have had a manic week due to being half term so not had time to think about it but this morning I am nervous, let's hope it goes well, :)

Xxxx

Will be thinking of you, but I'm sure everything will be fine. I know how important this is to you. Let us know how you find it xx

Xxxx

I hope your op went well. I had mine on Thursday and it was just like the other sessions, I didn't feel any different! I have been doing really well but today for some reason I'm really hungry! I hope it passes!

Yes it all went well, I finally managed to update my blog about the last week and my surgery session. One thing I have changed is I have upped my protein intake, so instead of having cereal or toast for my breakfast whereby I was hungry by 10am I have changed to having 2 rashers bacon and 1 egg and this has kept me going till lunchtime and my energy levels have improved.

So now it's a case of seeing how the next couple of weeks go before I see him again.

Xxx

Glad to hear that all went well - I've been doing a lot of reading recently whilst I've been off and come to the conclusion that for many a high protein diet is the way to go as it reduces the amount of insulin produced in the body for digestion. Insulin is also known as the hunger hormone and is released on consumption of insulin. So if you don't eat carbohydrates, you don't release insulin and you keep hunger at bay until you really are hungry at the next meal time. I hope that makes sense! I'm not saying that a low carb diet is good for everyone, but if you find yourself less hungry on low carb then maybe it would be an idea to reduce the amount of carbs you eat ................just a thought.

Back