gastric band hypnotherapy

Great to see you back here Jo!

I had to face my first challenge on Friday. I had been told that my FB account had been hacked into by someone who was supposed to be a friend and when I went through the archives of all private conversations I've had on there I saw a lot of things that really doesn't need to be seen by this girl. So I had to then change ALL my passwords on everything which was a bit of a headache. I was soooo mad! At one point I was in the kitchen and I looked in the cupboard and grabbed a small pack of chocolate biscuits. Quite insignificant, only about 100 calories in them but that wasn't the point. I stopped and thought about it and realised I was angry and not hungry. I used some of the Havening technique and I simmered down, got a drink and left the kitchen with the biscuits back in the cupboard :D

I have noticed I have quite a few things in my cupboards that wouldn't normally last long but have now been in there for a while! I just don't seem to find the 'space' for food that's not so nutritious now.

We had a take away last night. I had one battered sausage and a potato scallop with curry sauce. Not a lot but it was more than enough. Nice for a change but I didn't feel particularly good for it. My body is starting to get quite fussy about the type of foods I feed it which I am not going to complain about!

How is everyone getting on this week.???... I managed to lose 3lb this week.. so thats 5 stone 7 lb overall... (cant wait to get to the top of the hill, I hear the ride back down is amazing)..lol xxxx

WOW thats brilliant MissMiff well done :)

Thanks Mum1022..xxxx..Fantastic loss for you too x x x x

Hi all I bought the Paul mckenna hypno gastric book last night so im yet to read it. I'm hoping to read it over the weekend. I've been reading all the posts and I'm glad to hear that people doing similar are eating plenty but that doing this has changed your relationship with food. I'm an emotional, stressed eater so I'm hoping out it will help with that, had anyone else found that it has helped with that ?

Hi all I bought the Paul mckenna hypno gastric book last night so im yet to read it. I'm hoping to read it over the weekend. I've been reading all the posts and I'm glad to hear that people doing similar are eating plenty but that doing this has changed your relationship with food. I'm an emotional, stressed eater so I'm hoping out it will help with that, had anyone else found that it has helped with that ?

Im not really an emotional eater, I was just a piggy eater really.. But this book comes with a Havening DVD, which teaches you how to control emotional eating, and how to raise your serotonin levels back to a normal state to prevent scoffing.

Best of luck, let us all know how you get on xxxx

Fabulous losses! I think I'm not going to have a loss at all this week :( but I can't be too sad about that as a couple of times I have overeaten a little which is something I really shouldn't have done. Also I know that the body likes to adjust after an initial loss so as long as I get a decent number next week I will be happy :)

The hypno band hasn't had an effect on me lol

But... Mentally I'm in a much better place so I'm not disheartened. I only last 1 lb this week. The lowest I've lost in 9 weeks and that was after I had the band fitted.

Try it again Roziee. Unfortunately it doesn't work for everyone but it's worth giving it another go.

I only lost 1lb this week but I'm happy with that. 6lb gone so far :) Hoping for a bigger loss next week

Yeah ill listen to the CD she gave me..

To be honest, even if it doesn't. I'm happy. More than I have been in ages. I'm still following SW so I know the weight will fall off..

But you're right. Need to listen to the CD again.. Haven't done that in a while.
Actually gonna do that now :)

The one thing I learnt from my first time is that the top ups are essential for the long term. If you aren't getting the best effect listen to it once a week for a while

I had the band fitted through a therapist taz- not through listening a CD..

She did give me a general hypnosis cd to listen to before I had the band fitted in and I go next week to get it adjusted- so ill ask for it to be tightened and then there's another CD for post op.

I

Maybe you should download Paul McKennas trance as a top up... even just to use as a backup.

But keep plodding, as it hopefully will kick in..

Your loss is great... 1lb is a heavy amount, and its good as its easier to keep off

xx

I'm sure this site doesn't condone that..lol.. But I'm sure it is downloadable somewhere, as I am sure someone mentioned it being on iTunes

Ah I see. In that case Roziee I would continue with the therapist until you have had all sessions and if you still don't feel that it has worked as you'd like it to try the PM way.

Back