gastric band hypnotherapy

Well ate again for first time and I only ate 1/4 of normal so back on track yay. Super plus measured my waist after supper and have lost 4in in 3 weeks

Hi im new to this forum, I have recently Had hypno gastric band well begining of march, i gained a lot of weight after a traumatic incident in my family, so it was mainly binge eating comfort eating when i was upset an id stick to diets lose a stone then come crashing down that happend for a few years so i tried hypno therapy just to stop snacking worked for a while then stopped, i then tried hypno gastric band an i have upto now lost 2 stone 9lb im the lightest ive been in a long time, i no longer eat bad foods such as take aways chocolate anything an the most i can eat is a small plate (sandwhich plate) i had 4 sessions an i have a cd to listen to every day at home hopefully it will keep working till i lose what i want then i have to go back to get it re conditioned to stay at that weight hope this helps xx
c

Yay

Well just a quick update girls, this morning was my first official weigh in and ive ................ Lost 7lb, im very happy although i feel that i haven't been as controlled today as previous days so im now off to bed to listen to the op cd again for a boost. :D:D

Well just a quick update girls, this morning was my first official weigh in and ive ................ Lost 7lb, im very happy although i feel that i haven't been as controlled today as previous days so im now off to bed to listen to the op cd again for a boost. :D:D

Thats fantastic.....!.. Such a boost!... Well done you xxxx

Wow, this is an interesting thread! This is actually what I do for a living, so let me give a little bit of an explaination. There are 2 types of hypnotherapists out there. one lots will just be reading from scripts, yes this can sometimes work for the right people, but its not going to get to the root cause of 'why' someone is doing something.
The other kind of hypnotherapist is going to be looking at your unconscious reasons for eating and being over weight. And there are so many, it could be emotional eating (stress, sadness, boredom etc), an unconscious belief that your not aware of, some women also keep weight on to feel 'protected' in some way. Women who maybe scared on some level of getting into a relationship or of intimacy for example can put on weight to keep men at bay. There are really an endless amount of reasons why someone may be overweight. You have to get to the root cause of this and then change it, making sure the behaviour doesnt come out in another way. I'm suer you've all known people who have given up smoking for example to go and put loads of weight on instead!
So if you are going to go to a hypnptherapist for any kind of weight loss therapy, make sure they are going to be making the sessions specific to you and your patterns, thoughts and behaviours. Make sure they are going to be able to coach you, offer weight loss advice, (or know where you can get it), motivate and support you and most of all are dedicated to you getting RESULTS.... and not just lining their pockets.
Hope this helps some of you, and it saddens me that there are people out there taking money and not really delivering a service they are meant to be.

Emma
Hi Emma, it's always great to get real Hypnotherapists on this thread to offer advice and opinions. I saw a therapist first and the CBT part of it really helped undo the bad relationship I had with food. I was one of those who had 'issues'! Now I use the Paul McKenna book and CD as I just need the band part of it. But I would still recommend one to one therapy for those who have issues surrounding food as opposed to those who just like a lot of food and need to limit their portions.

Also, I love the quote in your signature! Never thought about it like that before but it's soooo true :)

Well ate again for first time and I only ate 1/4 of normal so back on track yay. Super plus measured my waist after supper and have lost 4in in 3 weeks

Hi im new to this forum, I have recently Had hypno gastric band well begining of march, i gained a lot of weight after a traumatic incident in my family, so it was mainly binge eating comfort eating when i was upset an id stick to diets lose a stone then come crashing down that happend for a few years so i tried hypno therapy just to stop snacking worked for a while then stopped, i then tried hypno gastric band an i have upto now lost 2 stone 9lb im the lightest ive been in a long time, i no longer eat bad foods such as take aways chocolate anything an the most i can eat is a small plate (sandwhich plate) i had 4 sessions an i have a cd to listen to every day at home hopefully it will keep working till i lose what i want then i have to go back to get it re conditioned to stay at that weight hope this helps xx
c
Hi Charlotte welcome to the forum and well done on your loss so far!

That's excellent! Well done

I've been away for a week and without my usual exercise routine and other routines I was quite concerned what I was going to be coming back to! I did manage to go swimming once while I was away and swam 1080m and I did some small amounts of walking but nowhere near my usual level of activity. I also took a bag full of food and snacks that I usually have when I'm at home. Obviously, being on holiday we ate out a few times and had a couple of ice creams :)

Got back yesterday afternoon and went straight to the gym. I found that I'd missed it while I was away which surprised me and I was happy to get back to it :)

Got on the scales this morning to assess the damage.... 1lb up! I'd have preferred no gain but it could have been worse. This weeks mission is to get rid of that lb and at least another with it :D

Hey guys and girls :)

I'm back.. And have bought the book and CD- Paul mckenna's..

I know I've asked before... But for those who have used the hypnotic gastric band thingie ma jiggy... How long after did you start seeing the results.. As in food wise as well weight ?

Hi Roziee. Straight away with the food. Ate less the next day and felt it if I ate too much. I weighed just over a week later and I'd lost 3lb. Most have bigger losses, I have an underactive thyroid so mine is a little slower

Hi I agree with taz, food wise I noticed a difference the next day, it was quite weird and took some getting used to hth xx

Thanks ladies.

I'm following SW but losses have really slowed down so need that boost. Hoping this will help x

I noticed my food difference the next day, around midday.... So fairly instant..x was very weird, and still 15 weeks on, I am finding it unbelievable xxxx

Does anyone else find that they have loads of energy and the kind of positive feeling that you know must annoy the crap out of everyone else?? I love it, I'm so motivated, finding the good in everything and taking anything bad in my stride. The only down side of it is that I don't seem to switch off at night too easily! I get back from the gym/pool and have an hour or so wind down time then when I go to bed I am right ready for more activity! It's not a huge down point though, I am getting up after about 4-5 hours sleep and within an hour I am raring to go again!

Totally agree!...Its like Ive turned into a ray of sunshine, whereas previously I was a bit of a moody cow!... but Im not questioning it, I am just going with it, and enjoying it whilst it lasts!.

Also the energy thing... I never ever had any energy, with being overweight from age 10 til now and I am 40, enegry seemed to pass me by... Now I cant sit still, whereas previously I longed to lounge!.. My house has never been so clean and tidy, I havent an inch of washing or ironing to do, the dogs have been walked so much, that now when i get their leads out, they all run for cover!.. and I Zumba with so much gusto that I almost took out the sideboard!

I love it!!!!!!

Does anyone else find that they have loads of energy and the kind of positive feeling that you know must annoy the crap out of everyone else?? I love it, I'm so motivated, finding the good in everything and taking anything bad in my stride. The only down side of it is that I don't seem to switch off at night too easily! I get back from the gym/pool and have an hour or so wind down time then when I go to bed I am right ready for more activity! It's not a huge down point though, I am getting up after about 4-5 hours sleep and within an hour I am raring to go again!
I've got more energy as I'm wanting to exercise, I've been out cycling twice and intend to keep at it, I have only done just over a mile tonight, I would have gone on for longer but I've got sore lady bits :eek: so I may do some kettlebells or dare I say it.......... Start the 30 day shred !!!!!!!!! This is from the person who used to forge notes from my mum to get out of PE. I've also got more awake energy and don't feel as drained as I did before. I think its great :D

Glad it's not just me! I too am not questioning it and just enjoying it. I spend quite a bit of time at my local leisure centers either in the gym or pool and I feel very 'right' there. I have found I'm even taking bad news in a more positive way too which is a bit eye opening! I am soooo loving it and hopefully using the extra energy in the right way!

Ok so I've read the book...

Should I learn the havening process (watch the DVD to show me how to do it) and then install the band?

I learned he Havening technique from the book.. But I've never used it as I'm not an emotional eater, more a greedy moo..lol... So it's totally up to you xxxxx

I watched the Havening DVD (and must confess, laughed at the thought of anyone doing that in public!) then listened to the CD.

1lb off this week. I was hoping for 2lb but any loss is a loss! Quite tired today, it's been a busy week with 2 Aquafit session, 3 gym sessions, swimming and my usual physio sessions. Tired.com and looking forward to a lie in and chill out day tomorrow!

Back