gastric band hypnotherapy

​I've not heard of Christopher Adams. But if it's a similar system it should work just fine. Have you started with it yet?

I have the christopher adams stuff too but in general I find it needs too much quiet time when u have 4 kids and a hubby

Sent from my GT-I9100 using MiniMins.com mobile app

Fortunately I've got only a little dog and an OH who works away 90% of the time, otherwise I think I might struggle with Christopher Adams. I started to listen to the introduction last night, and had to switch off after an hour and a quarter... he hadn't got to the interesting stuff by then, but I had to get some sleep! Perhaps I'm impatient and all systems start slowly, but he did seem to go on a bit :eek:

I'm going to skip to the actual programme tonight and hopefully get my head in the right place to start tomorrow

I don't think I'd have that much time to spare! I find half hour when I need to listen to my CD but I think it would make it tricky for me if it was longer. But we are all different so I guess we all find different ways :)

Hello, an interesting thread and I thought I'd like to add my comment. I heard the well known author and pyschotherapist, Suzie Orbach on Radio 4's Womens' Hour recently talking about the virtual alternatives to gastric surgery. She commented that she had treated many clients over the years who were still over-eating even after having a surgical gastric band fitted.

It just underlines the importance of discovering, exploring and collapsing the emotional imperatives to over-eating and emotional eating. It's key to a successful procedure, whether it is the hypno gastric band that I do, or a surgical intervention. It's indicative of the skilled therapist to draw out and unfurl those emotional drivers so that they can be gently released through hypnotherapy, and other modalities such as EFT (Emotional Freedom Techniques). It is only when this has been achieved can a client's self-sabotaging behaviour end and they can fully embrace taking control back of their lives.

Completely agree. And it's interesting to see the failure rate of private versus NHS bands. More private patients fail. This is because when you pay for it you are given a consultation, told what's involved then given the op. The NHS make you wait a year or two until you are emotionally ready and in that time they break you down! I still think that CBT/EFT is the key to long term success though

Hi ladies,

Quick update on Christopher Adams.

I gave him another go and am glad I did. My biggest issue is that I self-sabotage. I'm fab at the actual weight loss bit, but it's as if there's a switch that suddenly goes on in my head - bad day then I 'deserve' to comfort eat, good day and I 'deserve' to celebrate :( The Adams system addresses the need for inner change, breaking out of the comfort zone, and body/food relationships before getting down to the 'operation' itself (which is the last track). I've not got to the operation yet, but I've already lost 5lb since Tuesday and my attitude to food seems to have changed :)

The challenge is going to be finding time to keep listening to the tracks, but right now I'm feeling more optimistic than I've done previously that I've found something that actually works for me....

Oh my goodness, first week down and I've lost 7.5lb :bliss:

The weirdest thing is that, after listening to the exercise track on Sunday, I've even found myself getting the urge to do squats as I'm cleaning my teeth :eek:

Hope everyone else is having a good week

V x

Wow that's brilliant! Well done!

Does this sound mad to anyone here? I have to go away on a training course with work. It was planned to go tomorrow and stay overnight, coming back on Thursday. So I made plans to be away for the night, sorted out my food etc. I also planned to listen to my CD again this evening as it's due a top up and what better time than before going to an all expenses paid hotel?! So today I'm told that we are actually expected there tonight and stay for 2 nights! On the one hand, 2 nights in a hotel paid for by my company is a nice thing to have. On the other, I am totally unprepared for the extra night! I had a think about it and decided that I didn't want to change my plans so I called my boss and told him that I would travel early tomorrow morning as originally planned. A lot of my decision was based on the fact that I hadn't been prepared for it and, on the final stretch before Christmas, I didn't want my plans being messed up. Does that sound crazy?

No it doesn't sound mad! Last minute plans aren't my thing either!

I've slacked on my hypnotherapy for a few days due to illness,but I'm feeling better and ready to listen.

Well I definitely made the right choice. I wasn't the only one who refused to go early and it all worked out for the best in the end. Had a fab couple of days away, I wasn't swayed by the food at all and wasn't hungry. The lunch was catered and for dinner I took a pasta salad and only ate half of it! I've just got home and my scales seem to be happy with my which I am very pleased about as it's WI day tomorrow :) Even if it's just a maintain it's better than a gain.

hi everyone i started Paul Mckenna last week got weighed today 3lb off well happy and not snacking in between result x

Well done Chezz!

Bit of an unplanned experiment for me this week. I've been hit with this bug that's going around, just a nasty cold but very annoying. Because of it I've not been able to exercise as much as usual so I was a little worried about the effect that would have on the scales. But because of Paul McKenna I also didn't feel the need to comfort eat and managed to lose a lb this week :D

Back