• Upgrades have been completed! Including conversations, 😁😎🏀⚾⚽ Emojis and more.. Read more

Gazpacho

Can anyone work out the syns in this shop bought gazpacho for me please.

It is in 1 litre containers.

Fresh tomato.
Cucumber
Onion
peppers
olive oil 2.%
vinegar
salt
garlic
lemon.

250 mls = 87 cals.

I am hoping it is going to be free or very close to it as the oil content is so low.

I love gazpacho and it is so easy to just buy it, cheaper too though if I have to make it myself I will do and omit the oil.

Thanks.

Get Rid of this ad and join in on the conversation for free today! Tap here!
I think it would have to be 1 syn per 20 calories as soups cant count as free food. So 4.5 syns for 250ml.

Surely soups made with free foods are free.

Like this Red Pepper Soup from an SW recipe

Serves: 4
Prep time: 80 mins
Cook time:
Syns per serving:
FREE
FREE

ingredients

4 baking potatoes
6 red peppers
12 plum tomatoes
4 garlic cloves
2 tbsp soy sauce
salt and freshly ground black pepper
fresh parsley to garnish

But thank you so much for replying . I feel sure your calculation is probably correct because of the oil in it.

If it's home made soup it's free, shop bought ones do not count as free food. Dont ask me why, Im just saying what the roolz iz :cool: Its up to you whether to follow them :)

I was wondering about this too as I make a lot of the SW recipe soups and was scared that due to me blending them I might be eating more than I should, like fruit juice smoothies etc. Also one thing I don't understand is the syns in shop bought Salsa even when it only has chopped veggies in it and perhaps a small amount of sugar. I made some Salsa but it wasn't the same

You can puree vegetables and they remain free.
If you puree fruit it counts as syns.

I dont know why shop bought blended soup doesnt count as free food, you'd have to ask SW :(

Only shop bought stuff, and I dont know why it is.

Somebody said they'd heard about a free one the other day so I suppose its possible the roolz could change but it didn't add up through the calculator so I remain sceptical.