GemlaD's Diary

GemlaD

Day 1

Well I started yesterday and weighed in at 14st8lbs :-( but am feeling really determined and focused. Found the first day pretty good and have liked all the products I have tried so far.

Strawberry shake
Toffee bar (ok bit cardboardy)
Mushroom soup (added garlic powder and lots of pepper)

I struggled with all the water but got at least 3 litres down.
My mum came round and told me I look really fat and have a fat face (she thinks that's constructive) so we will see if she still thinks that in a few weeks!
Keep going everyone

Gemma x

Hello Gemma and welcome.

Well done on getting through day one. The first few days are tough but it does get easier :) My mum is just the same - it's support we need, not comments like that....however it does make me more determined. You will find lots of support here.

Good luck on Exante - I look forward to following your journey. xxx

Hiya Gemma!!

Good luck on your journey!! MY mum just tells me not to do a diet like this because she misses out on meals cus she doesnt like cooking for herself!! lol

My nanny doesnt approve at all though she shouted at me the other day saying i was stupid etc lol!!

Did you buy the bumper pack??

Hi Becka and ChellyWellyBoot,

Thanks for your comments and support, I feel fine at the moment as am avoiding food situations other than cooking for my son, and made sure I got rid of most food that might lead me astray ( other than stuff my son eats) before I started.

Yes I bought the bumper pack as it seemed much better value so hopefully there won't be anything I detest!
Best of luck to you, my next test may be seeing if I can sit through Masterchef this evening without drooling !

Gemma x

Well done on getting through day one! if you get through the first few days the rest will fly by! :) My mums the
opposite ~ she thinks there's absolutely nothing wrong with my weight! :confused: Good luck with your journey!

Hiya!

I'm on my first day today. I haven't tried a pack yet but I'm gonna try banana shake first! I'm hoping it tastes amaaaaazing lol.
Sorry your mom made that comment! Comments like that just piss me off. You'll prove her wrong though! :)

Day 2

still on the straight and narrow! Felt really cold on day 1 but was ok yesterday
I ate:
choc shake
choc orange bar
veg soup
Have liked them all so far so thats good. Also managed about 3 litres of water at least so feeling good. The biggest challenge is cooking and preparing food for my son and has made me realise how much food I normally pop into my mouth through out the day. Am getting a bit worried about the bank holiday weekend as am bound to encounter an eating situation and want to avoid telling too many people what I am doing.
Well done everyone on their fabulous weight losses:)

Gemma x

Wow gemma, I was just reading your diary, then I realised you're in paignton! Lol what a coincidence. I'm on day 3 of exante. Such a small world :) ..and I also have a son to cook for.... It's tough especially when he's not great at finishing his meals and I'm trying to get him to eat. All I can think of is... You don't want it, but I do! Lol

I wish you the best of luck!
X

It's crazy what you don't realize that you do all the time! When I was making coffee yesterday I kept going to the fridge for milk lol. I had to keep putting it back though! You'll get used to it soon!

Are you going to a party or just people showing up at your home? You can always have some soda water and pretend you are drinking a "real" drink lol. I've done that plenty of times before! :)

I dont even open the fridge some days, it's quite liberating :) I still have to cook for my daughter but I'm actually finding I'm enjoying cooking for her. It helps that she likes healthy food so last night I made her a salmon fillet baked in the oven in a foil parcel and veg with it, she loves stuff like that and it's something I know I can make for both of us once I'm at goal.

Welcome Gemma! Ill look forward to reding your progress, I'm glad your enjoying the packs. I struggle with the soups. Just think of them as my skinny meds :) only 8 soups to go then I can enjoy a diet filled with shakes, porridge and bars :) xxx

Day 3

Yesterday was another good day although noticed my stomach rumbling like mad. had banana shake, choc orange bar and thai soup. the soups are ok but definitely my least favourite of the three products. Am going to try the tomato one tonight but bit worried as noone seems to like it! Have woken up this morning with a flatter stomach Yay! I can tell the difference as my trousers are not falling down under the big roll thats usually there!
Hello fellow Paigntonian Swiftkitty! would be funny if we live down the same road or something.
I dont want to eat it but I have started smelling my son's food when I prepare it. Does anyone else do this or am I a mad nutter? lol

Have a good day everyone
Gemma x

No I understand that... I went to trago yesterday and was in sainsburys last night, and all I could smell the whole time was food. When I got my son some chips yesterday I took a big sniff of them and my tummy grumbled. Other half had pasta king with a ton of cheese, while I drank a litre of water. I was feeling pretty miserable lol. To make things worse, while we were in the shop last night, he bought 2 boxes of chocolate bites. I know it's not his fault, and I'm the one who decided to do this, but to keep me motivated I just think... Flat tummy or chocolate?... I know which will make me happier in the long run!

Congratulations on seeing results so quickly! I THINK I can notice a difference, but I don't really feel it yet. It's still early days!

I'm having tomato soup for lunch and a hot chocolate shake for dinner tonight :) can't wait! X

And I am going on holiday to Devon in 9 weeks, staying in Dawlish with family... only a few miles away from Paignton. :D

Glad your doing so well gem!

And loving the positive attitude in this thread! A flat stomach is way better than chocolate any day!!

Wow ava! One of my best friends lives in dawlish. Don't forget to feed the black swans while you're there hehe x

I will... With lettuce. ;-) x

Oh what?! I want to see some black swans! See if they are all nutso like Natalie Porter was in the movie. Hehe.

Day 4

Felt fairly hungry yesterday. Had vanilla with coffee shake, toffee bar and tomato soup. I had my first can of coke zero which was a nice change. I bought some lolly moulds and made some lollies using the orange drink powder just to create something else to have. Am dreading the weekend as its always been a time when I eat too much generally, and will have to prepare more meals because my son is home. I really hope I go into ketosis soon so the hunger reduces.
Anyway just realised that all sounds a bit depressing so I'm going to cheer up now and stop moaning!

Have a good weekend everybody
Gemma x

That's a good idea about the lollies! When I did LT a few years ago I made green tea lollies lol. They were awesome! I was thinking about buying the drink powders but I don't normally drink fruit juices, I normally just drink water so I didn't want to use it as a "crutch" I guess. Weekends are generally hard, just try to keep yourself busy! Do you have any hobbies that you enjoy? It's amazing how much food takes up our time and we don't even realize it until you do a diet like this! I'm hoping I go into ketosis today or tomorrow as well! Have you had any bouillion? I'm on day 4 as well! Hope you cheer up! x

Back