Step 1 Sole Source Gemma's Journey

Day 8

First weigh in this morning 9 1/4 lbs off!! Bringing my BMI from 28.8 to 27. Very big cheeser on my face at the moment :D
Also have a bag of new flavours to try this week as I played it safe last week with the usual strawberry and chocolate. Just enjoyed a cappuccino shake for breakfast :)

As I'm going out drinking tonight I plan to have a SS 1B day today and have a mushroom omelette this evening before I go out, I'm panicking a bit about getting drunk quickly, and tomorrow when hungover the carb cravings kick in lol it's hell to pay for a good time.

Day 9
Never ended up having an omelette last night because I felt full from my evening shake.
Great wee night out last night, looking forward to the next time my friends see me out again in a couple of months and hopefully meet the new and improved me, I drank 8 vodkas and diet juice :O and am pretty rough feeling this morning but had a shake and drinking lots of water. Someone gave me a polo mint in the club and without thinking I just put it in my mouth then had to spit it back out lol whoops!!

Only 6 more days till I can try 1 of the bars :) what's everyone's favs?
Still not feeling any changes in my body even though I had such a great result on the scales yesterday, I must have been holding a lot of water weight! X

Gemzo I'm going clubbing Sat night too as its my sister's birthday and although i would quite happily go out and not eat and only drink water and still enjoy myself...I dont want to :D haha. At the end of the day im in no real rush to lose weight.. id like to lose 2lbs a week and im sure thats do-able with a few cheats now and again...
Good luck for your WI...im sure youll be pleasantly surprised :D

Hi Sian, how was your night last night? Did you have a drink? I'm a tad hungover today lol...2lb a week is more than easily achievable on this diet, you'll have no probs there :D

Day 8

First weigh in this morning 9 1/4 lbs off!! Bringing my BMI from 28.8 to 27. Very big cheeser on my face at the moment :D
Also have a bag of new flavours to try this week as I played it safe last week with the usual strawberry and chocolate. Just enjoyed a cappuccino shake for breakfast :)

As I'm going out drinking tonight I plan to have a SS 1B day today and have a mushroom omelette this evening before I go out, I'm panicking a bit about getting drunk quickly, and tomorrow when hungover the carb cravings kick in lol it's hell to pay for a good time.

Well done Hun on your loss! Bet you are well pleased! I hope you have a nice night out. X

Hi Tereasa, yeah I'm very pleased with that result thanks, how've you been getting on this week?x

Hi Sian, how was your night last night? Did you have a drink? I'm a tad hungover today lol...2lb a week is more than easily achievable on this diet, you'll have no probs there :D

Hiya Gemma,
I had an awesome night... you cant beat a night out with the girls!
I did drink.. a little too much haha i was drinking rose wine which isnt the best thing to drink but i had lost of them too so really not good but I took advantage of not dieting so i just let my hair down and didnt think about it. I also had my routine 'hangover maccy d's' yesterday lol im such a bad dieter!! Never mind.. back on it today... i think im quite lucky that i dont really struggle to get back on it after being naughty...so far anyway!! As long as i lose my 2lbs again this week ill be over the moon :)

Hiya Gemma,
I had an awesome night... you cant beat a night out with the girls!
I did drink.. a little too much haha i was drinking rose wine which isnt the best thing to drink but i had lost of them too so really not good but I took advantage of not dieting so i just let my hair down and didnt think about it. I also had my routine 'hangover maccy d's' yesterday lol im such a bad dieter!! Never mind.. back on it today... i think im quite lucky that i dont really struggle to get back on it after being naughty...so far anyway!! As long as i lose my 2lbs again this week ill be over the moon :)

Morning Sian :) I just read your other post to Theresa there
Oh sounds like you had a great weekend and even though you were off the plan, you could have done way more damage than toast n beans and little McD's. the alcohol you drank will slow your metabolism down for a couple of days and also mark you retain fluids so just make sure you drink lots and lots of water to get rid of it,
Does this make you more determined to not have any more days of the plan by feeling this way? I did feel guilty when drinking at the weekend even though I didn't eat anything but I'm still in ketosis so that's good.
Got a girly sleepover planned for Saturday night, I'll be having a shake and a bar while they all tuck into a Chinese :(
Chin up chick, hope you feel better as the day goes on and drink lots of water xx

Morning Sian :) I just read your other post to Theresa there
Oh sounds like you had a great weekend and even though you were off the plan, you could have done way more damage than toast n beans and little McD's. the alcohol you drank will slow your metabolism down for a couple of days and also mark you retain fluids so just make sure you drink lots and lots of water to get rid of it,
Does this make you more determined to not have any more days of the plan by feeling this way? I did feel guilty when drinking at the weekend even though I didn't eat anything but I'm still in ketosis so that's good.
Got a girly sleepover planned for Saturday night, I'll be having a shake and a bar while they all tuck into a Chinese :(
Chin up chick, hope you feel better as the day goes on and drink lots of water xx

To be honest hun i just feel like having a massive binge today..
I felt so good when i weoghed yesterday and today has just pissed me off..
Serves me right for weighing everyday i suppose, i meed to get someone to hide the scales from me.
When i weighed yesterday it gave me such a boost to carry on and i stuck to it 100% and now today seeing those bloody numbers back on the scales i just wanna go home, put a film on in bed, have loads of junk food and hide under the quilt haha...obviously im not going to but it just shows how much power the scales have over me. On a good day the scales can really help me but on a bad day they can make me feel so depressed.
I think im going to have to end my relationship with the scales, I dont think it working between us :) haha!! The sun is out so i suppose thats a reason to smileee :)
Hope your ok, how are you feeling? xx

I know what you mean, I'm actually going to take my scales up to my mums house and leave them there because I've been peeking to and it really does make or break your day depending on what they say and it's a Habit we both should break. Plus mine say I'm lighter than the official CD ones lol. Not good!
I know your not going to go home and binge because think how much worse you'd feel afterwards. Binge eating is one of my main problems with food and actually not eating at all on this diet really makes you think about how bad that was.
Where do you live? Because its a snow blizzard here in Glasgow haha!! :)
Stay strong just keep thinking about the skinny you in a couple of months time and it will be worth it :) xx

image-1487866159.jpg

Breakfast - Strawberry shake, black coffee and litre of water :) #fluidsgalore

I know what you mean, I'm actually going to take my scales up to my mums house and leave them there because I've been peeking to and it really does make or break your day depending on what they say and it's a Habit we both should break. Plus mine say I'm lighter than the official CD ones lol. Not good!
I know your not going to go home and binge because think how much worse you'd feel afterwards. Binge eating is one of my main problems with food and actually not eating at all on this diet really makes you think about how bad that was.
Where do you live? Because its a snow blizzard here in Glasgow haha!! :)
Stay strong just keep thinking about the skinny you in a couple of months time and it will be worth it :) xx

Yep we need to get rid of the scales...they are the enemy!!
Yep binging is my problem too.. id rather go all week without food so that i can binge like mad on the weekend than eat healthily all week...how f***ed up is my way of thinking..id rather starve myself all week just so that i can eat crap on the weekend. theres something seriously wrong with my way of thinking.
Im in south wales and its a really lovely day today, a bit chilly but its really sunny and fresh :)
Not often we can say its a lovely day in Wales haha!!
Yep well like i said before if i lose 2lbs a week ill be happy so if i end up that ive put 2 on this week then ill just have to try extra hard to lose 4 next week.
Another problem is that i hardly ever have a period as im on the mini pill but i literally havent had a day without bleeding since starting this diet so i dont know whats going on?? I dont know if that affects your weight, i dont mind if it does but its a proper pain, im not used to it anymore so i just want it to stop!!! :( xx

View attachment 78097

Breakfast - Strawberry shake, black coffee and litre of water :) #fluidsgalore

By the way that looks yummy ;) Its crazy that it looks so much more appetising just because it has a straw in it... ill have to try it that way...close my eyes and pretend its a mcdonalds shake ;) x

12 days completed!!

So got rid of the scales out of my house today, I was going to get addicted to weighing myself every day and just want a surprise each week at my official weigh in's hopefully a good surprise right enough...

Sian, yeah me too before I started this I could eat really health all week then just go mental at the weekend and eat everything, find it hard to stop once I've started, can't be easy for you at the moment with your hormones all over the place, hopefully it settles soon. Yeah the straw trick is great I always blend mine with ice too very yummy!! :)

I've been chewing quite a bit of sugar free gum when I'm out and about buy it's making me feel hungry which I hate but feel I need it because of dry mouth.

Tried the mango shake for diner tonight was quite refreshing, drank loads of water to try get rid of the hunger pangs
Xx

Oops day 11 I mean lol

Good luck Sian and Tereasa for your weigh in's today!! :) x
I need to wait till next Wednesday evening till my second weigh in, hoping to hit my first stone by then.
Have a good day girls xx

Good luck Sian and Tereasa for your weigh in's today!! :) x
I need to wait till next Wednesday evening till my second weigh in, hoping to hit my first stone by then.
Have a good day girls xx

Thanks hun, I stayed the same this week which im abit gutted with but i did expect it i suppose!!
But now im feeling sooo determined to lose atleast 3lbs this week to get back on track.

Hope you have a good day... shakes all the way ;) x

Staying the same is much better than a gain chick, that's it just stayed focused on that 3lb you want rid of for next week, you can defos do it If you can 100% SS x

Staying the same is much better than a gain chick, that's it just stayed focused on that 3lb you want rid of for next week, you can defos do it If you can 100% SS x

Yes it is better than putting weight on so i cant complain really. Seeing as my sister is now on the diet aswell I wasnt going to bother with going to a consultant every week as she lives an hour away and we were going to motivate eachother and stuff but weve both decided that were going to make it a weekly thing and go together every week so that we definitely crack it.
I know it sounds stupid because ive only lost 10lbs since christmas but i feel alot thinner. Im not as bloated and when i look in the mirror i dont think i look as chubby and also when i lie down i can feel my hip bones quite prominent which is always a sign that im losing weight so im still quite happy with my progress :) We'll see tonight when i go to my consultant if ive lost measurements. I hope so :)

Yes it is better than putting weight on so i cant complain really. Seeing as my sister is now on the diet aswell I wasnt going to bother with going to a consultant every week as she lives an hour away and we were going to motivate eachother and stuff but weve both decided that were going to make it a weekly thing and go together every week so that we definitely crack it.
I know it sounds stupid because ive only lost 10lbs since christmas but i feel alot thinner. Im not as bloated and when i look in the mirror i dont think i look as chubby and also when i lie down i can feel my hip bones quite prominent which is always a sign that im losing weight so im still quite happy with my progress :) We'll see tonight when i go to my consultant if ive lost measurements. I hope so :)

That's great that your sister has joined the plan along with you, having a diet buddy will help keep you on track. I agree that you should still continue to see a consultant each week to keep it all official. 10lbs is good :) how much would you like to lose to get to your target weight? I don't feel any different yet, think another week or 2 and I should start to feel the difference. Good luck for tonight for your measurements, let me know how you get on :) x

Back