Step 1 Sole Source Gemma's Journey

That's great that your sister has joined the plan along with you, having a diet buddy will help keep you on track. I agree that you should still continue to see a consultant each week to keep it all official. 10lbs is good :) how much would you like to lose to get to your target weight? I don't feel any different yet, think another week or 2 and I should start to feel the difference. Good luck for tonight for your measurements, let me know how you get on :) x

Im 12.2 now and id like to come down to 9.7 so thats 37lbs to lose.. i dont mind losing it slowly aslong as it comes off - 37 isnt that much really :S haha!! Ideally id like to lose it before our girly weekend in Butlins in June and it will be summer then so hopefully ill be able to wear little shorts and vests and not be self-concious about my arms and legs...the middle part of my body is fine its just my arms, legs and lower belly..my waist really is tiny so when i wear a dress and waist belts i look really small but i just want my whole body to match it lol. But anyway im giving myself till October to actually lose all the weight as i usually go abroad in October so that would be fab to be confident in a bikini. How about you? How much have you got to lose? x

I started at 12.4 1/2 12 days ago, I'm 11.9 1/4 at the moment. At first I was going to have my target at 9.7 but have now decided to go to 9stone meaning if still to lose 37 1/4 pounds, man it sound like a lot. I'm a pear shape so small on top a BIG ON THE BOTTOM lol and feel my face and arms are quite fat too. I have a goal of 10stone for beginning of April as I have a weekend away to Amsterdam with a large crowd of people for a dance event.
And to be at target of 9stone for the first weekend in June as I have a girly weekend to London booked. Think the hardest part will be maintenance for the first few months then I will be easy. Everyone says in order to keep it off you must go through all the steps. Xx

I started at 12.4 1/2 12 days ago, I'm 11.9 1/4 at the moment. At first I was going to have my target at 9.7 but have now decided to go to 9stone meaning if still to lose 37 1/4 pounds, man it sound like a lot. I'm a pear shape so small on top a BIG ON THE BOTTOM lol and feel my face and arms are quite fat too. I have a goal of 10stone for beginning of April as I have a weekend away to Amsterdam with a large crowd of people for a dance event.
And to be at target of 9stone for the first weekend in June as I have a girly weekend to London booked. Think the hardest part will be maintenance for the first few months then I will be easy. Everyone says in order to keep it off you must go through all the steps. Xx

Wow thats so good after only 12 days, and you went out Sat night!!
See it shows that if you stick to it it does come off...look at me im yo-yoing like mad and im still not in the 11s. Deffo next week tho. We basically want to lose the same amout of weight so we can keep eachother going and we both need to get to target by June...WE CAN DO IT :) x

Wow thats so good after only 12 days, and you went out Sat night!!
See it shows that if you stick to it it does come off...look at me im yo-yoing like mad and im still not in the 11s. Deffo next week tho. We basically want to lose the same amout of weight so we can keep eachother going and we both need to get to target by June...WE CAN DO IT :) x

Thanks Sian, yeah we both can do this and we will do it with each others support x

Day 13

Good morning fellow CD'ers
Had my first back shift at work (2:15-9:15) since starting the plan. So was the first time I had to use a tetra, had a chocolate one. Very chocolatey lol so had that for my first break and a soup for my evening break and managed 2 litres of water at work alone. Usually I would be picking at chips and having some leftovers form the meal trolley but not anymore!
Another back shift tonight so going to try a strawberry tetra :)

I'm missing a cup of tea with milk sooooo much :(
Xx

I miss my scales!!! Have no idea if I'm losing or staying the same?!? Another 6 days till weigh in... SUSPENSE!! Lol

I miss my scales!!! Have no idea if I'm losing or staying the same?!? Another 6 days till weigh in... SUSPENSE!! Lol

Hiya Gem, My sister was ment to hide our scales on Wednesday but he still hasnt so couldnt resist weighing this morning and im still exactly the same as Wednesday, its actually really getting me down. I should be losing something. The week before starting the diet i only ate a banana and a chicken salad everyday so that was actually probably less calories than doing the shakes so im thinking maybe my body got used to that and now the shakes arent having an effect on me?? I cant think of anything else, everyone else seems to be having massive losses and im yet to move from 12.2 :( dont feel like binging or anything like i usually do when im dissapointed with the scales, i just feel really upset and down because I dont know what to do to make it work, im doing everything by the book! :( Anyway a massive well done for not weighing...im sure youll have a fab surprise when it comes to weigh day :) x

Hiyeeeee Sian :)

Aww am sorry to hear your scales aren't budging! Right....tell me exactly what you've eaten and drank for the last 2 days xx

Hi Gem. you are doing really well hun, I am glad that you have decided not to get on the scales, honest it will be great when you get on your official weigh in scales and so much better than hoping on and hoping off and getting dispondent when you think you have not lost weight! if you are 100% you will lose! It might be smaller one week like me I lost 1b last week and was a little disappointed but when you put all the losses together its a fab amount to have lost!

Keep motivated and be good and the weight will drop off! Have you noticed a change in any of your clothes yet? as sometimes you loss inches and not lbs?

Take Care and good luck for your next weigh in x

Hi Gem. you are doing really well hun, I am glad that you have decided not to get on the scales, honest it will be great when you get on your official weigh in scales and so much better than hoping on and hoping off and getting dispondent when you think you have not lost weight! if you are 100% you will lose! It might be smaller one week like me I lost 1b last week and was a little disappointed but when you put all the losses together its a fab amount to have lost!

Keep motivated and be good and the weight will drop off! Have you noticed a change in any of your clothes yet? as sometimes you loss inches and not lbs?

Take Care and good luck for your next weigh in x

Hiya Theresa, thanks for your words of support, really helps. Yeah I am glad I got them out the house but I do miss being able to have a steely peek, better not as you said will be a nicer feeling on my official weigh in's.
1lb this week is still a steady loss (half a bag of sugar) how much have you lost so far? Much to go?.
TBH no I've not noticed any changes in myself yet but a girl in work today said she can see it in my face so it's showing somewhere at least, I think another week or so and I'll really start to notice the difference though ;)) I will be doing my measurements once every 4 weeks :) x

Hiya Theresa, thanks for your words of support, really helps. Yeah I am glad I got them out the house but I do miss being able to have a steely peek, better not as you said will be a nicer feeling on my official weigh in's.
1lb this week is still a steady loss (half a bag of sugar) how much have you lost so far? Much to go?.
TBH no I've not noticed any changes in myself yet but a girl in work today said she can see it in my face so it's showing somewhere at least, I think another week or so and I'll really start to notice the difference though ;)) I will be doing my measurements once every 4 weeks :) x

I started my journey back in Oct 2011 and started with SW and lost 3 1/2 stone then last Jan started on CD and lost another 3 1/2 stone but put back on 23lb so started back on 2nd Jan and have so far lost 1 stone 8lb and I have 12 more pound to go to get to my goal! I found that my face was the first place that people noticed it hun and I also think its great to measure not so regualry as you can really see a difference then!

I am sure you will start to see the difference soon hun x

Your journey has a been a great 1 so far Theresa and your so close to the finish line now, Well Done!! You'll be at goal in no time :) are you going to be going up the steps to help you maintain? That's what I plan to do although I have no idea when's best to step up. That's a question for my consultant when I see her on Wednesday. Have a nice weekend x

Your journey has a been a great 1 so far Theresa and your so close to the finish line now, Well Done!! You'll be at goal in no time :) are you going to be going up the steps to help you maintain? That's what I plan to do although I have no idea when's best to step up. That's a question for my consultant when I see her on Wednesday. Have a nice weekend x

Yes Gem I am going to do the reps need to do this properly this time as do not want to be back on this plan every January need to learn how to maintain my weight and address my food issues head on! X I am going to see how it goes have just stepped up to SS+ after 4 weeks on SS!

Yes speak to your consultant tts what I am going to do!

Have a great weekend x

Day 16

So yesterday was the beginning of week 3 meaning I can have bars! First one I've tried is the Lemon Yogurt one and I loved the taste and texture, was so happy to chew on something.
Last night was also a girls sleepover night which consisted of me watching 4 other girls eat bowls of crisps and nuts with glasses of prosecco, followed by an Indian takeaway oh the smells hurt. I had my lemon bar and a couple of vodka and Coke Zeros and lots of water. They all think I'm mad being on this type of diet. They kept apologising for eating lol. I feel rather proud of myself for conquering temptation :)

Banana Tetra this morning, not a fan of tetras I much prefer the taste of the shakes Make myself.
Cranberry bar for lunch, again enjoyed the chewy feeling and great taste and diner will be Oriental Chilli soup. 8 days since last weigh in and 3 more to go. I'm thinking about starting SS Plus after I reach the 21lb lose mark.

I'm noticed my face looks thinner and stomach feels much less bloated :) feeling good!! :) xxx

Thanks Katie, how've you been getting on? x

Good so far I think! Seem to be wishing the days away til next weigh in lol. Did nearly cave in after a row with my ex, even got to pulling up outside the Co op but I had a word with myself and drove straight home lol x

I feel the same, you did well not giving into the temptation, emotions play a big part in what you want to eat. Hope your feeling better now. When's your next weigh in? Mines is Wednesday night xx

I know, it's mad, thats something I am gonna need to sort out before I start eating again, defo a comfort eater. My weigh in is Wednesday too but my appointment is at 1.30pm. Hoping for a good loss! How long do you think you will SS for before you move up a plan? x

Me too hoping for a good number, I think I'm going to step up to SS Plus after 4 weeks, you? xx

Back