Gemma's Weight Loss Diary

Hello all!

My name is Gemma and I've just joined. I thought it would be useful to start this thread to keep track of my weight loss for motivation.

I've noticed that my weight has been steadily sneaking up over the last 2 years or so. I've decided to finally do something about it.

Starting weight, as of 02/01/09 is 174 lb. My first goal is 132 lb, and once I'm there I'll re-assess based on how I look and feel.

- Gemma x

Welcome to Mini's! Wishing you all the best on your weight loss journey xx

Day 4
I know it's only been 4 days, but I decided to weigh myself. I've lost my first pound. It's not much, but it's a start.

Thanks for the welcome Sarette!

Hey, I'm new as well and just having a look around - I've got pretty similar stats to you, although I'm a bit bigger and don't know how tall you are...

Are you doing any kind of plan, or just how you feel? Good luck, well done for the good start! xxxxx

Thanks for stopping by Bexx!

I'm not on any particular plan. So far I've been skipping breakfast, having one of those meal shakes for lunch. And then whatever I feel like in the evening.

First week weigh in on Friday so I'll see if it's working then!

Week 1
Okay, so it's the end of the first week. I weighed myself and I've lost 2 pounds. It's not much, but it's a start. At least the numbers are going the right direction.

I've also made the decision to go t-total. I just don't need those empty calories.

hi thanks for posting on my diary, anyway hows it going?

thats good, yeah it will take a while! its best to set yourself small goals, you said you were skipping breakfast on a post, are you still doing that? its best to have 3 meals a day..

It wil take a while, but so worth it. I get really excited whenever I first start a diet and want it all to come off really quickly, but slow and steady is the best way, you're doing really well :)

I'm hardly ever hungrey in the morning but I still eat mine and once I start eating it I feel hungry, they say you store fat if you dont eat breakfast...

Hey hun,

When you say youve been eating whatever you feel like in the evening - what exactly have you been eating?

its good to have breakfast - even if its just a pot of yoghurt or a small smoothie as it kick starts your metabolism and you will be burning calories for longer throughout the day.

xoxo

Week 3 weight loss - 2 pounds

Thanks for the tip guys. I may start trying to eat a little something at breakfast.

My evening meals have been completely varied. I've been having things like sandwiches or jacket potatoes, but sometimes less healthly things like pizza. Knowing I can eat what I like on the evening helps me behave myself the rest of the day!

Week 3 weight loss - 2 pounds

Thanks for the tip guys. I may start trying to eat a little something at breakfast.

My evening meals have been completely varied. I've been having things like sandwiches or jacket potatoes, but sometimes less healthly things like pizza. Knowing I can eat what I like on the evening helps me behave myself the rest of the day!

I reckon your evening meal may be your downfall im afraid. Sounds like your starving yourself throughout the day and by the time it gets to dinner time you feel hungry and are probably eating more than you would usually? Also if you are eating pizza, bread and potatoes, these are all quite carby things. You probably need to eat a bit more protein like meat and some veg. Try adding some low sugar ketchup if the idea of eating plain meat makes you feel sick - thats what I do!

Good luck

x

I think your right about my evening meal. If my weightloss goes below 2 pounds a week I'll try having a small breakfast and see if that in turn ends up reducing my evening meal.

Week 4 weight loss - 2 pounds.

I bet it wont go below 2 pounds even if you skip breakfast , at least not strait away! I used to have fruit for breakfast or lunch and sometimes both, then I realised when i started eating more I could be the same weight or lower, so its just pointless in the end.

as for your evening meal, try different recipes.

Back